Have you replaced your battery?

Still on my original 2013 battery and it seems fine... been in service for 8 months/year for 3 years and lived on the tender in winter. I'll probably replace it just to be sure next season, but it seems to still be strong.
 
My batteries usually last a long time due to leaving it on a trickle charger 24/7. Doesn't matter if I'm riding regularly or what the weather is, if you want long life out of a battery keep it on the charger.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
uscgmac_imp said:
My batteries usually last a long time due to leaving it on a trickle charger 24/7. Doesn't matter if I'm riding regularly or what the weather is, if you want long life out of a battery keep it on the charger.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Good advice here. I plug my car battery in every night (short commute) and I usually get at least 8 years out of them. Before doing this I'd get around 2 or so (same car)...
 
Just like several others on the forum, my 2013 still has the factory battery. I purchased the bike in October of 2013, clock is showing 38929 miles. I have a battery tender, and use it from time to time, but usually only during cold spells, etc.

I ride the heck out of my bike though, and it has started each and every time I wanted to go for a ride,

Cheers! :beerchug:
 
The dealer fitted my '14 with an Optimate battery pigtail so I bought an Optimate 3+ charger and fitted pigtails to my other bikes.
I've been using a Battery Tender since they came out with satisfaction, but I thought the Optimate was a step up due to its desulfating feature.
 
Replaced the battery last month. Looks like the OEM lasted ~3 years. Put on pigtails and have it trickling on cold nights before riding.
 
Check out Motobatt. Got mine off Amazon. Free shipping. AGM. Excellent quality and prices. My favorite feature is that there are terminals on all 4 corners, so you can mount up all your additional electrical accessories without disturbing your main connections.
 
My 2014 Deluxe quit staying charged even though it was always on a battery tender...put a new Yuasa YTZ14S last week....$124.19 free shipping and no tax PDI Racing.com
 
That is a great price for that battery
 
About a month ago my 2014 dlx battery also stopped taking a charge even though it is on a maintainer when ever the bike was not being ridden. On the recommendation of a forum member, I replaced it with a Motobatt MBTX 9U battery from ebay. Total cost was less than $70 which included free shipping to Hawaii. Wanted to support local dealer but their price was $180 which I felt was very high.
 
Hmm, I'll bet mine is next to go, even though it too lives on a tender when not ridden. If so, three years of life for an OE battery will be disappointing.
 
Heat is a (lead/acid) battery killer. I'm not surprised to see that most of those who have replaced their battery hail from warmer parts of the country.
 
The battery on my 2013 lasted less than one year, the dealer would not honor the one year bike warranty. $170 for a new one!
 
I'm very surprised at the short life of so many batteries - considering that I get 7-8-9 years out of my batteries.
That said, mine sit on a shelf in a cool dry place for nearly six months, but once a month each are hooked up to a charger for a couple of days.
I notice that many of you live in very warm states.
Could it be the constant heat that shortens their lives?
 
lynnster_imp said:
The battery on my 2013 lasted less than one year, the dealer would not honor the one year bike warranty. $170 for a new one!
Lynnster thats a shame he should have. Additionally I believe the battery has it's own warranty separate from bike guaranteed by Yuasa and I believe that is spelled out in the owners manual somewhere.
 
I'm coming up on about 2.5 years on my battery and this thread is making me wonder if it's going to die soon. For what it's worth I never planned to, but my CB ended up sitting from November until yesterday outside under a cover without being ridden once and without any treatment for the fuel. Yesterday I got it out and it started instantly twice as if it had been ridden yesterday. This makes me think the battery is still fine? Those of you who had to replace yours, how much warning did you have? I have AAA but not looking to get stranded anywhere but also don't want to spend the money replacing it if it's not really needed.
 
Back
Top