Has this place finally driven me over the edge?

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I thought that I had things under control. This forum started innocently enough. But in short time, it began to have an impact on me. While I didn't deviate too far from stock, I did purchase a few accessories for my CB. Nothing too outlandish with the exception of the Staintune which I have to admit was definitely a bit extravagant.

But now I've really done it. I'm not sure if I'll be able to look myself in the mirror tomorrow. I've never been one to give in to peer pressure, or so I thought. I also thought that I could go at least two full years without these. I guess I was wrong.

e8165c6b7c1f00bcd02dda48d95441d7.jpg


That's right, another one falls prey to RLET Fever.
 
I too ordered a pair from my local Honda dealer yesterday. Should arrive Tuesday, so I'm told. Guth, which of the install methods suggested did you use sir?
 
And another angle gets her wings. :angel:

Admit it... They look right on there.

Now, you are truly one of US!
 
Thread starter
treytexag_imp said:
I too ordered a pair from my local Honda dealer yesterday. Should arrive Tuesday, so I'm told. Guth, which of the install methods suggested did you use sir?
Old school. I just pinched each side of the opening between thumb and forefinger and stretched it as much as I could then pulled it over the end of the lever as far as I could. From there I was able to work it fully on all the way. Took about a minute for each one.
The ferret_imp said:
And another angle gets her wings. :angel:

Admit it... They look right on there.

Now, you are truly one of US!
That carries some authority seeing how you're the one responsible for starting and spreading RLET Fever before this place even got up and running. :D

I refer everyone to this quote from a post you made in Jan. 2013 over on the Adventure Rider forum:

The other Ferret Wrote:Im going to put those little rubber lever covers on mine. No early Honda look alike should come without those cool little rubber covers.
Jeez, there was already a The Ferret on board? That just doesn't seem right.
 
You are the man, Guth. I'm sure many of the other pressures on you will suddenly seem lighter.

Bravo! :thumbsup:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
You are the man, Guth. I'm sure many of the other pressures on you will suddenly seem lighter.

Bravo! :thumbsup:
And you'll notice definite improvements in the bike's overall performance. :P
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
You are the man, Guth. I'm sure many of the other pressures on you will suddenly seem lighter.

Bravo! :thumbsup:
And you'll notice definite improvements in the bike's overall performance. :P
And you'll notice definite improvements in the bike's overall performance. :P
And better fuel mileage:thumbsup:
 
When you look in the mirror tomorrow, repeat after me "I still have my tank stickers. I still have my tank stickers."
 
Congrats Guth!

The board FOUNDER is finally one of us ;)
 
Guth, you have no idea what this will do for you...air will seem fresher, food will taste better, you'll have more energy than ever....:clap:
 
Haha Guth, that didn't take long. !! I believe about two weeks ago you wrote me this :) Now I wonder how long before I submit to the peer pressure. Enjoy those RLETS, expect reports on performance increases

"This is the position I've found myself in, but I've never been one to to give in to peer pressure so I may very well remain RLETLESS well into the foreseeable future. Big Grin
At any rate, congratulations and welcome to the forum!"
 
About a minute to install each one? Uh-Oh, you bought the incorrect larger size meant for 1700cc bikes and up...You may experience some flapping in the breeze and a low frequency vibration....:P
 
I don't get it. I tried using an RLET, but it was extremely hard to slip on and my wife said it caused her a lot of discomfort!?
 
Guth... I'm 'shocked'! Today is the 'tomorrow' you referenced in your note. Did you look in the mirror this morning? What did you see? And when you looked at your bike today, was it all just a bad dream... and you really didn't succome to the dark side? What are the rest of us to do???
If you really did it, at least yours is a 2013 with all sorts of other black accents... but mine is a DLX... with no black at all other than the seat and tires. Color me... confused. :s
 
Thread starter
Jeez, the funny thing is that I got up the following morning, fired the bike up and took off for work. Didn't even think about the RLETs. At the end of the day I headed home once again didn't pay any attention to the new additions. Put the bike away and didn't still didn't think about any of this until finally checking in on the forum.

I feel somewhat cheated. :dodgy:
 
Guth.. that's because your world is now in harmony. Peace is within you. You will only notice something now, if it is out of place or wrong. It's transcendental.
 
Back
Top