handle bar stereo system's

paul kellam_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Can anyone give me some feedback on these units? some are so cheap that the old saying "You get what you pay for" comes to mind, I had a nice system on my 900 but that was in a vetter fairing, thanks
 
I don't think any of our members have installed a handlebar stereo system, at least none I recall seeing, but some use their little I thingies with earbuds for listening to tunes.
 
Ferret, there is a joke there, but I'm afraid to make it... :P
 
I use a small battery powered amplifier and an MP3 player. No electrical connections needed. The amplifier uses rechargeable batteries and my MP3 player uses standard batteries or you could use rechargeable if desired. Usually lasts for a days ride. Or you could hook up an electrical connection on the bike to use for both of them.
 
Have a Bluetooth communication (Sena) so my wife can communicate AT me when she rides (gerbil bladder). Other than that annoyance it also interfaces with my gps, phone, and ipod if I bring it. Not big into music while riding - I start getting into the music at the cost of paying attention to the road. My fault I know, so I rarely listen to music.
The Bluetooth is great though, music works super and phone use is seamless (I ignore - why ruin a good ride) plus if you turn on GPS volume it gives you turn by turn directions for the rare times you are actually going somewhere.

Hate hearing another bike with the stereo blasting, get enough of that when I go into town and see all the cages in traffic.
 
Unless you have a large screen than pretty much cuts out wind noise from your helmet, it's hard to image in you'd hear anything unless it was so loud people could hear it in the next state.
 
I had a stereo on three bikes and rarely used them since I could hardly hear them wearing a helmet with ear plugs.

Tried the stereos on a Harley Street Glide, BMW R1200RT and a Honda CTX1300. I could see them being nice way out in the boonies on a long boring stretch but I'll pass on a stereo for the CB.

Have used earphones with music riding the CB but that's the exception rather than the rule since I rather hear the engine sounds.

Aloha,
Huladog


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hula Dog is right about motorcycle stereo systems. Even the best are only good up to 35 MPH. Over that you may as well be listening to a old little 6 transistor radio from the 1960's. The music is so distorted from the wind noise. Even on Goldwings and big touring Beemers with 4 speakers once over 35 MPH the quality of the sound is terrible. It is much better to get a bluetooth system like a Sena 20. That way you can pair it with your phone, GPS and your passenger's helmet. The music quality is a little better, but wind noise still takes its toll. Another benefit of the Sena bluetooth systems are if your riding buddies have Sena's you can communicate with them on rides. If you really want better music quality, install your Sena speakers in a Schuberth c3Pro helmet. However they are a "bit" :-) more expensive.
 
I have a pair of Sena 20. What I did w/ the external speakers was to discard them, since music quality was so poor coming out of them.
The S20 has an external plug for earbuds. So I plug my earbuds into the S20, and listen to all my music and phone calls and GPS voice routing that way.

I use plugfones , the foam tips to cancel out the outside noises.
I just recently tried fuze custom earphones (you mold your own ear shape at home), but they're no better than the plugfones, but way more cumbersome to put on and take off.
 
IPhone 6+ with 2 Playlists of road music. One mellow and one upbeat approx. 250+ songs on each with option to shuffle all 5,000 songs in the memory on the phone (no Cloud), Marley Ear Plugs with instant mute function in cord. Not to mention access to the internet/camera/video/GPS all in a neat/clean/minimalist package safely enclosed in an Otter case. Just don't see the need for external stereos/speakers and the drawbacks they have with this type of technology available.
 
Back
Top