Had to add gaiters!!

my gaters are en route, I'm going to do the lazy guy install - cut'em and velcro them back :)

I'll post pics if it works, if it doesn't I'll swiftly delete this post hehe
 
I'm not taking off the reflectors from the fork tubes I like them.
Take out one fork tube at the time that way when you back in you can keep it same height as the other in top triple tree. Look good at the sensor for abs before removeing it & the little holder both 8mm socket. When you pull the axle out the right side of wheel will drop enough to get sensor out from behind the bracket don't remove the bracket, when going back together leave the right side of wheel down and put sensor back in then line up axle and push axle in. As most of you know don't pull brake lever in with calipers off. When you put calipers back on and mounted pull the lever in a couple of times to have brakes. You don't have to bleed brakes. I pulled the fender out the front with it dropped down down on top of tire. Forks will slide right out when you losen the the 2 bolts on top and lower triple tree! It's all easy just take you time. Took me about a hour. Hope this helps
Michael
12cb96vfr_imp said:
my gaters are en route, I'm going to do the lazy guy install - cut'em and velcro them back :)

I'll post pics if it works, if it doesn't I'll swiftly delete this post hehe
Did you get the same gaiters that I got? Don't cut them. It's easy to do about one hour 22mm socket 12& 14 socket. 6mm Allen and 5 mm Allen wrench. If you need help you can call me and I can talk you thru it. For real I would not cut them.
Michael
The ferret_imp said:
Good job Ridem! Anything tricky in the process? Any special tools required?

Man your bike looks good! Mine will look like that someday
Thanks ferret. Only trick is the abs sensor it comes off easy 2 8mm bolts one 8mm holding the bracket wire all that's easy but with axle still in place the sensor want come out passed the sensor wheel. You will see when you do it! When you take axle out slow that side of wheel will drop then sensor will clear the sensor wheel. Go back together the same way. I do like them! When we get ready to paint our headlight buckets I will give my buddy a heads up if anyone else wants the buckets painted to match let me know and he can do all at once. We can also do the air box sides if people want them done. He has the 13 glory red perfect match because it's the same as my 79 cbx. I will go by his shop and let him match the 2014 red to my side cover. I will try to start a post about red headlight buckets & air box covers and get a list from everyone who wants them done he can do the 13 side covers as well
Michael
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191140303530
This is candy glory red I got 4 sets and 2 more getting painted now :)
 
yea buddy, I cut em and it took like 5 mins to install 'em - worked PERFECTLY!! haha I lucked out. I'll get a pic tomo it's my anniversary so we're partying down for the night!
 
12cb96vfr_imp said:
yea buddy, I cut em and it took like 5 mins to install 'em - worked PERFECTLY!! haha I lucked out. I'll get a pic tomo it's my anniversary so we're partying down for the night!
Congrats on the anniversary! Lookin for the pics...
Hey Ridem what's that bike back to right w the cargo rack? That isn't a cb750 is it?
 
tbone455_imp said:
12cb96vfr_imp said:
yea buddy, I cut em and it took like 5 mins to install 'em - worked PERFECTLY!! haha I lucked out. I'll get a pic tomo it's my anniversary so we're partying down for the night!
Congrats on the anniversary! Lookin for the pics...
Hey Ridem what's that bike back to right w the cargo rack? That isn't a cb750 is it?
Congrats on the anniversary! Lookin for the pics...
Hey Ridem what's that bike back to right w the cargo rack? That isn't a cb750 is it?

yessir i will once i wake up and the hangover wears off LOLOL!!
 
Tbone: yes that's a cb750k 1978 model mint mint runs great 21k miles. I rode it today and my son (24 years old) rode my cb1100. I got a 2012 st1300 with only 1k miles on it my son loves the CB1100 he has rode it twice now says it's the smoothest riding bike he has ever rode! My daughter (26 years old) she rides also. I might sell the 750 and buy a black standard CB1100 for them to ride. I also got a cbx1000. 79 model that I'm restoring got a lot done to it. So it's coming on pretty nice I have had a lot of bikes in my life time and to me the cb1100 is one of the best bikes I have ever rode or owned. :)
Michael
 



this was just a quick test fit, i had yet to snip the zip ties so you can see them. I rode about 100 miles today, they work like a charm.

they don't look as good as if I wouldn't have cut them obviously, but for overall ease of install I can't complain!


im trying to add more pics but the file size is too large, i have to turn down my resolution on the camera and retake them cropping them isnt' working :(
 
Looks good! Are yours the same as mine brand name? I did not use zip ties on the bottom fit very tight. But with you splitting yours I know you had to use them on bottom. But looks very good. :)
 
12cb96vfr_imp said:
this was just a quick test fit, i had yet to snip the zip ties so you can see them. I rode about 100 miles today, they work like a charm.

they don't look as good as if I wouldn't have cut them obviously, but for overall ease of install I can't complain!


im trying to add more pics but the file size is too large, i have to turn down my resolution on the camera and retake them cropping them isnt' working :(
Try not to turn down the photo resolution; it's useful to have the best resolution you can on the camera.

You can use photobucket or some other web-based photo hosting service and link to the pictures. Ferret has provided a tutorial here http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1913.

If you use a Windows PC you can use something like Image Resizer which I find works really well.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
I use my phone and use tapatalk it's a free app. I'm on tapatalk now and can send pic from my phone it's so easy
Michael
Yep. That's another good solution.
 
My kaw gaiters came in today, when I am feeling like some back pain I will install them.Can someone give me torque specs for axle, tree bolts and caliper bolts please.:huh: thanks fellas..
 
Axle nut r/ h side 44 ft lbs
Caliper bolts 23 ft lbs
Axle pinch bolts 19 ft lbs
Bottom tree pinch bolts 32 ft lbs
Top bridge bolts 17 ft lbs
 
The ferret_imp said:
Axle nut r/ h side 44 ft lbs
Caliper bolts 23 ft lbs
Axle pinch bolts 19 ft lbs
Bottom tree pinch bolts 32 ft lbs
Top bridge bolts 17 ft lbs
Thanks buddy, I knew you could help me out! You da man:beerchug:
 
Ridem32_imp said:
SS2wheels no back pain the fork tubes just drop out. Good hour and your done. Need any help let me know
Michael
Thanks for the offer mike, I do all the work that I can on my bikes cause I know I will do a better cleaner job than 90% of the so called techs out there but 35 years as an auto painter has got me a trick back!
 
SS: nothing is heavy. Put a floor jack with a. 1 x6 under the motor jack just enough to get back tire on the ground, front off the ground. Then remove fender then forks ready to slide out after removing the brake claipers. Take your time. What I meant by help was your welcome to call me and I can walk you thru the steps the easy way. Took me a hour could do a set of gaiters now less than 40 min you will like them once you get them on ;)
Michael
 




sorry boys been busy, here are some finished product pics....pulled the reflectors and added the gaiters. couple zip ties and some tire glue did the trick, cutting them was a piece of cake! not sure how durable they will be, but im happy for now :)
uploading some close ups now
 
Back
Top