Had to add gaiters!!

Fork braces and gaiters may not go together. It looks like gaiters extend past the fork seals. Not going to work on this setup?

48e68dbd092a31a51a321aeead226be3.jpg
 
Superbrace is making a brace that will accept the fork boots. They also have them for the Kaw W650's
 
Ferret I got the ones from British customs total cost $31.40 part # BC601-006 should be here before the weekend also got from eBay the rear seat bag first gear Laguna $98 free ship. I got to stay off this forum !!! That comet faring is calling my name. I would buy if he would not charge so much for the stripes!
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks again Rick. Headed down to the Kwacker shop Monday or Tuesday and ordering a set up for my new 14. Those look perfect. Gots to have them!
Did you already installed the fork gaiters on your '14? Do you have a picture ?
 
No..at first ONE of my gaiters was back ordered. Then it came in so I drove down to pick them up and one looked a hundred years old and the other looked brand new. I refused the one that looked 100 years old and they ordered me another one.

Should look something like this ( have to get the chrome cups for the instruments and paint the bucket red)

 
Yep, this is some great motorcycle. You are ahead of me on mileage on the CB, but I'm splitting my riding between 3 bikes.
 
Does honda have the chrome cups for gauges yet? I know they do for the 13 have not seen the 14 if so what's the part # thanks
Michael


3 rights make a left
Avsbezzy: I ordered my gaiters yesterday got a email today saying they have been shipped. :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Haven't been able to find the 14 part # yet Michael.

Hey ask your buddy what he would charge to paint a bucket red
 
Ridem,

Both American Honda and Samurider (Takashi) told me they are not yet available. Takashi said he would put them on the site when they are. Its been a couple weeks since I checked for Mr. Ferret.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Haven't been able to find the 14 part # yet Michael.

Hey ask your buddy what he would charge to paint a bucket red
I want that red paint as well. The bike posted by Ferret looks like I want mine to look like...is there a paint spray that could come close to our red?
 
Is Samurider a honda dealer? Also is he MR T ? I orderd a road comet. 2 from him today. He also told me that they have the comet 1 now also for the deluxe. I had a hard time picking between 1. & 2 but went with comet 2. He gave me a pretty good deal. All this was thru lots of emails. He starts sending emails around 1am my time ( central daylight saving time ) I was up waiting on him lol so we struck up a deal :)


3 rights make a left
 
[/quote='Ridem32' pid='37523' dateline='1398295846']
Is Samurider a honda dealer? Also is he MR T ? I orderd a road comet. 2 from him today. He also told me that they have the comet 1 now also for the deluxe. I had a hard time picking between 1. & 2 but went with comet 2. He gave me a pretty good deal. All this was thru lots of emails. He starts sending emails around 1am my time ( central daylight saving time ) I was up waiting on him lol so we struck up a deal :)


3 rights make a left
[/QUOTE]

I think you and I have the same idea for our bikes. I am twisted betwen Comet 1 and 2. The $600 Price for a C2 painted,delivered, with smoke screen is hard to swallow too.:-/ I think I would probably for a C1. It was not available for the dlx 2 weeks ago.
How much did it cost you?
 
Ridem,

Yes, Takashi Takase of Samurider is Mr. T. He does sell genuine Honda parts, unless it is something that Honda does not allow to be exported, so says the site somewhere.

I bought the big O-ring for the U-lock from him and it was in a Honda bag.
 
87151ce1a0f61d0d6be208c54a6b0d0b.jpg

97926725daf8d641f709b504641cd87b.jpg

8fe6e1901e9f17ceb772f04d19de66b3.jpg

20dabd8c20bb49a1879cb40505ce7538.jpg

5b02f134d4b5d11e4d8cc0e6a46b0584.jpg

That was real time from first pic
The gaiters have small holes on the boot at bottom where fits around fork I put the holes in the back. Fit tight on fork legs did not use clamps ! On top used zip ties put them on with tit in the back can't be seen
Michael
0cde8028d082879e4dfe5f2afe278b94.jpg

88867287a5f6e1da06016f9e50bfc314.jpg

db71ba1914fa50851d38e54063da4381.jpg
 
Good job Ridem! Anything tricky in the process? Any special tools required?

Man your bike looks good! Mine will look like that someday
 
Back
Top