Had to add gaiters!!

The ferret_imp said:
Got to get me some of those gaiters. What is British Customs?
they are a retail/speed shop here in Gardena, California for brit bikes. Since silas is such a influence here I myslef got them:D

On a side note I was lazy to tackle the job installing them giaters and found Kajima makes what they call Easy-On Gaiters which are cut on one side with a interlocking flap , so you don't have to disassemble the forks. Price for the Kajimas are $85.00 , pretty Steep So I went with the
British custom Gaiters.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/220-0053
 
Those easy on gaiters are pretty trick...pricey though!


Silas..were yours the BC 601-006 Gaiters for $24.95?
 
Cool, Thanks. Going to order some. Another question..they come with silver hose clamps, but I don't see them on your bike?
 
Lol..oh ok, Thanks for the tip
 
I slit each one up the side with scissors, punched a small hole at the peak of each pleat with my hole punch, wrapped around the tube and closed at the back with the smallest zip ties through each pair of holes. A bigger zip tie at the top and closed the bottom around fork legs with rubber tape.
 
lola_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Got to get me some of those gaiters. What is British Customs?
they are a retail/speed shop here in Gardena, California for brit bikes. Since silas is such a influence here I myslef got them:D

On a side note I was lazy to tackle the job installing them giaters and found Kajima makes what they call Easy-On Gaiters which are cut on one side with a interlocking flap , so you don't have to disassemble the forks. Price for the Kajimas are $85.00 , pretty Steep So I went with the
British custom Gaiters.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/220-0053
they are a retail/speed shop here in Gardena, California for brit bikes. Since silas is such a influence here I myslef got them:D

On a side note I was lazy to tackle the job installing them giaters and found Kajima makes what they call Easy-On Gaiters which are cut on one side with a interlocking flap , so you don't have to disassemble the forks. Price for the Kajimas are $85.00 , pretty Steep So I went with the
British custom Gaiters.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/220-0053 Can anyone verify that the 41mm gaiters in the above JP Cycles link will work on our CB1100?
thanks
 
[/QUOTE]
Can anyone verify that the 41mm gaiters in the above JP Cycles link will work on our CB1100?
thanks
[/QUOTE]

Being 41mm in diameter it will definitely fit our forks but what you would need to find out is the length or height of the Gaiters themselves. I would Call them and see if they can verify that.
 
Those are the ones Silas used
 
silascopathic_imp said:
On British customs I ordered their 41mm fork gaiters. $32 after shipping!

Picture time!

81e5a7d0835a5db0c9e818bb48c9afa4.jpg

b4777bd0d7adfd287074f3fd3f39f331.jpg


Here us a picture of my cb and my buddy's guzzi v7

ef08d037937ada2fd5b957540aa85373.jpg



I love the look of these so much! Good purchase feelings all around. Took me 25 min to install .
Hello, can you give me the adress where you buy those gaiters?
 
alexkrijnsen_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
On British customs I ordered their 41mm fork gaiters. $32 after shipping!

Picture time!

81e5a7d0835a5db0c9e818bb48c9afa4.jpg

b4777bd0d7adfd287074f3fd3f39f331.jpg


Here us a picture of my cb and my buddy's guzzi v7

ef08d037937ada2fd5b957540aa85373.jpg



I love the look of these so much! Good purchase feelings all around. Took me 25 min to install .
Hello, can you give me the adress where you buy those gaiters?
Hello, can you give me the adress where you buy those gaiters?
I ordered the same ones from the same place. It's Triumph Motorcycle Parts & Accessories | British Customs
 
Thanks. As soon as the rain gets done here I'll get it out and take some more pics. I also have a few more goodies coming from Japan.
 
Thread starter
Sure!

1. put bike on center stand
2. find something to put under bike so when front wheel comes off it is stable ( i used an ammo can)
3. remove front fender and calipers
4. remove front axel and wheel
5. using a 12mm for the top fork bolts and a 14mm for the bottom, i removed them one at a time.
6. slip gaiter on to fork ( do not zip tie yet)
7. once both gaiters are on, lightly tighten fork tubes in place.
8. use front axel to make sure they are level. keep an eye on top triple tree to make sure the same amount of tube is visible.
9. i used black zip ties for the top only. ( i left bottom not zip tied because they stayed well and to prevent over stretching)
10. reassemble bike
11. step back with :beerchug: in hand and marvel at your accomplishment.
 
Back
Top