Guhl Tune/Derestriction

Quote:"I’m guessing the power commanders don’t really do anything useful."

The power commander adjusts the A/F on the bike only- but is arguable the most important thing that needs changing on the bike.

Everything else is secondary- ign timing, rev limiter,... unless you really NEED to go over the factory limit of what? 115mph? Nah.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Quote:"I’m guessing the power commanders don’t really do anything useful."

The power commander adjusts the A/F on the bike only- but is arguable the most important thing that needs changing on the bike.

Everything else is secondary- ign timing, rev limiter,... unless you really NEED to go over the factory limit of what? 115mph? Nah.

The power commander adjusts the A/F on the bike only- but is arguable the most important thing that needs changing on the bike.

Everything else is secondary- ign timing, rev limiter,... unless you really NEED to go over the factory limit of what? 115mph? Nah.
Some folk want that 1100 to act like an 1100.. The 83 cranked 108hp.. With Guhl this baby rolls 103 at the wheel.

Think of it as owning a Ferrari. It'll do 180 but the speed limit is 75. Potential can be arousing.
 
Yea. That was me that made 103whp, and over 75 wheel tq. :)


55abf4cf9717ab56dea6e21b8721293d.jpg
 
Quote:Some folk want that 1100 to act like an 1100.. The 83 cranked 108hp.. With Guhl this baby rolls 103 at the wheel.

The 83 CB 1100 dynoed 96 hp at the rear wheel ... about 12 hp more than the late model CB 1100 but then again it weighed 585 pounds, 40 pounds more than our CB 1100s. The 83 turned about 1/2 second quicker quarter mile than the 2013. Where the 83 really spanks ours was in top speed, 144 vs 112.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Quote:Some folk want that 1100 to act like an 1100.. The 83 cranked 108hp.. With Guhl this baby rolls 103 at the wheel.

The 83 CB 1100 dynoed 96 hp at the rear wheel ... about 12 hp more than the late model CB 1100 but then again it weighed 585 pounds, 40 pounds more than our CB 1100s. The 83 turned about 1/2 second quicker quarter mile than the 2013. Where the 83 really spanks ours was in top speed, 144 vs 112.

The 83 CB 1100 dynoed 96 hp at the rear wheel ... about 12 hp more than the late model CB 1100 but then again it weighed 585 pounds, 40 pounds more than our CB 1100s. The 83 turned about 1/2 second quicker quarter mile than the 2013. Where the 83 really spanks ours was in top speed, 144 vs 112.
Hey Ferret - but the CB1100 is artificially limited to 112 mph (180 km/h).

I mill always felt there was more in it.
 
Yes the electronic restriction is the biggest difference in top speed between the 83 and the 2010-2020 models. Plus their project goals. The 83 was designed to be the fastest I-4 ever, and it was for a short while.

The 2010-2020 were just designed to be nice motorcycles, with no pretense of trying to be a HP king. It takes a lot of money and work to make a new one as fast as a stock 38 year old CB 1100cc Honda. Obviously it can be done, but is it worth it? That depends on the individual.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Quote:Some folk want that 1100 to act like an 1100.. The 83 cranked 108hp.. With Guhl this baby rolls 103 at the wheel.

The 83 CB 1100 dynoed 96 hp at the rear wheel ... about 12 hp more than the late model CB 1100 but then again it weighed 585 pounds, 40 pounds more than our CB 1100s. The 83 turned about 1/2 second quicker quarter mile than the 2013. Where the 83 really spanks ours was in top speed, 144 vs 112.

The 83 CB 1100 dynoed 96 hp at the rear wheel ... about 12 hp more than the late model CB 1100 but then again it weighed 585 pounds, 40 pounds more than our CB 1100s. The 83 turned about 1/2 second quicker quarter mile than the 2013. Where the 83 really spanks ours was in top speed, 144 vs 112.
Hey Ferret - but the CB1100 is artificially limited to 112 mph (180 km/h).

I mill always felt there was more in it.

The 83 CB 1100 dynoed 96 hp at the rear wheel ... about 12 hp more than the late model CB 1100 but then again it weighed 585 pounds, 40 pounds more than our CB 1100s. The 83 turned about 1/2 second quicker quarter mile than the 2013. Where the 83 really spanks ours was in top speed, 144 vs 112.
Hey Ferret - but the CB1100 is artificially limited to 112 mph (180 km/h).

I mill always felt there was more in it. Not saying i did it but a friend told me it will easily hit 130mph with the speed limiter removed.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Personally I have bested 100 mph maybe 3 times in the last 20 years. Even if it had come without the electronic restrictions it wouldn't make me want to ride it any faster than I already ride it, which is at the same speeds I ride my 144 hp FJR 1300.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Quote:Some folk want that 1100 to act like an 1100.. The 83 cranked 108hp.. With Guhl this baby rolls 103 at the wheel.

The 83 CB 1100 dynoed 96 hp at the rear wheel ... about 12 hp more than the late model CB 1100 but then again it weighed 585 pounds, 40 pounds more than our CB 1100s. The 83 turned about 1/2 second quicker quarter mile than the 2013. Where the 83 really spanks ours was in top speed, 144 vs 112.

The 83 CB 1100 dynoed 96 hp at the rear wheel ... about 12 hp more than the late model CB 1100 but then again it weighed 585 pounds, 40 pounds more than our CB 1100s. The 83 turned about 1/2 second quicker quarter mile than the 2013. Where the 83 really spanks ours was in top speed, 144 vs 112.
So in other words: The 14 CB1100 is a bit quicker than the 83 after the Guhl tune? Good to know (
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yea. That was me that made 103whp, and over 75 wheel tq. :)


55abf4cf9717ab56dea6e21b8721293d.jpg
I was hoping you'd chime in. I have a similar set up. Yoshi slip on, bellmouth, fuel module( Bazzaz instead of PC-V). Knowing the Guhl tune does that much makes it worth the money. Talking 14 CB1000r performance from an air cooled retro.
Impressive
 
No- the guhl tune does very little over the power commander alone. About 3whp, 3wtq- from ign advance.

If you don't have the power commander- the guhl tune will gain more from stock as it adds fuel.

But the biggest gain on this bike comes from a full exhaust.

I'd expect your bike- as you just described it- to put down about 90whp. Next step would be get rid of the cat. After that- modify the velocity stacks. Then ignition advance.
 
I'm somewhat there with my current setup, overall satisfied. Though gearing(sprockets) could probably be optimized for my riding habits

I'd dare to say the bike is at the 100HP mark or close to it with the following Engine power mods
-Guhl's flash
-Yoshimura RSCV full exhaust
-Stock air box-for now- TSR funnel mod to follow
 
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
I'm somewhat there with my current setup, overall satisfied. Though gearing(sprockets) could probably be optimized for my riding habits

I'd dare to say the bike is at the 100HP mark or close to it with the following Engine power mods
-Guhl's flash
-Yoshimura RSCV full exhaust
-Stock air box-for now- TSR funnel mod to follow
From my understanding (power dubs hopefully will follow up)

The TSR cover will do nothing other than make it easier for water to get in when riding in the rain. Only so much air can get through the velocity stacks no matter how open the airbox is. To make real power we need to open up the velocity stacks.

Again correct me if im wrong but I believe the velocity inserts are a whole 10mm smaller when the actual throttle body size so there is quite a bit of restriction there from the factory.

I've had a second pair of stacks sitting in my garage to be honed out for a year and just haven't gotten around to that project yet myself.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
This has been covered in other post but TSR made a set of velocity stacks too. I have done both the Velocity Stacks, Air Box Funnel and Yoshimura Exhaust with Gulh's Flash.

I also installed the plates to block the secondary air to the exhaust.

Powerdubs wanted me to get it on a dyno and I have called in my area and the Cities 2 ½ hours away and no one will do it. Kind of gave up calling after 5 tries.

I love the performance now just so nice and feels right now.
 
The TSR donut makes a tiny bit of power all the way up top. I took mine off though because I didn't like the sound it made.

My dyno numbers are with the stock intake boot, but 3 little filter vents on the left side of the airbox and the end of the air filter cut out.

Yea- the stock velocity stacks bring the diameter down to 26mm if I remember correctly instead of the 32mm the butterflies actually are.
 
Thread starter
Welp..... Got my ECU back... Plugged it in. I currently have a slip on Yoshi, snorkel delete and a Bazzaz and now the Guhl tune....

Results:

The guy with the dyno results wasn't fibbing... It's a big difference. The bike now pulls from 0 from 5th gear ( it's a 14)... I haven't dynoed but it's certainly around 100 or more.
I recommend it. Especially for $375.. For 20+hp?
It just freed up everything. Got it on the freeway.. Didn't top it out but it buried the speedo easily... Easily...

I'm loving it.. Just enough guts to call this thing a CB1100..
 
Rox_imp said:
Welp..... Got my ECU back... Plugged it in. I currently have a slip on Yoshi, snorkel delete and a Bazzaz and now the Guhl tune....

Results:

The guy with the dyno results wasn't fibbing... It's a big difference. The bike now pulls from 0 from 5th gear ( it's a 14)... I haven't dynoed but it's certainly around 100 or more.
I recommend it. Especially for $375.. For 20+hp?
It just freed up everything. Got it on the freeway.. Didn't top it out but it buried the speedo easily... Easily...

I'm loving it.. Just enough guts to call this thing a CB1100..
Sounds exhilarating. Someday you gotta post a flick burying the CB1100 speedo.
 
teamvisegrip_imp said:
This has been covered in other post but TSR made a set of velocity stacks too. I have done both the Velocity Stacks, Air Box Funnel and Yoshimura Exhaust with Gulh's Flash.

I also installed the plates to block the secondary air to the exhaust.

Powerdubs wanted me to get it on a dyno and I have called in my area and the Cities 2 ½ hours away and no one will do it. Kind of gave up calling after 5 tries.

I love the performance now just so nice and feels right now.
Plates to block secondary air?? Whats that

I knew TSR made actual stack inserts also but I thought they stopped making them.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
PowerDubs_imp said:
The TSR donut makes a tiny bit of power all the way up top. I took mine off though because I didn't like the sound it made.

My dyno numbers are with the stock intake boot, but 3 little filter vents on the left side of the airbox and the end of the air filter cut out.

Yea- the stock velocity stacks bring the diameter down to 26mm if I remember correctly instead of the 32mm the butterflies actually are.
When you say donut do you mean that round snorkel delete TSR makes that just holds the air filter in place?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Rox_imp said:
Welp..... Got my ECU back... Plugged it in. I currently have a slip on Yoshi, snorkel delete and a Bazzaz and now the Guhl tune....

Results:

The guy with the dyno results wasn't fibbing... It's a big difference. The bike now pulls from 0 from 5th gear ( it's a 14)... I haven't dynoed but it's certainly around 100 or more.
I recommend it. Especially for $375.. For 20+hp?
It just freed up everything. Got it on the freeway.. Didn't top it out but it buried the speedo easily... Easily...

I'm loving it.. Just enough guts to call this thing a CB1100..
Glad to hear it all worked out.

As you can see for yourself, you will not be disappointed :biker:
 
Rox_imp said:
Welp..... Got my ECU back... Plugged it in. I currently have a slip on Yoshi, snorkel delete and a Bazzaz and now the Guhl tune....

Results:

The guy with the dyno results wasn't fibbing... It's a big difference. The bike now pulls from 0 from 5th gear ( it's a 14)... I haven't dynoed but it's certainly around 100 or more.
I recommend it. Especially for $375.. For 20+hp?
It just freed up everything. Got it on the freeway.. Didn't top it out but it buried the speedo easily... Easily...

I'm loving it.. Just enough guts to call this thing a CB1100..
Nice! Congrats

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top