Ghul Tune for ECU

Doug Shepard_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I was reading about many using Ghul tune/derestriction for an ECU flash. Anyone recently had this done? I contacted them and he said Guhl Motors
No. We offer no services or parts to any vehicles with a vin number, including all motorcycles. Anyone have another source for ECU reflash?
 
Power commander only adjusts fuel- does nothing about the ign curve, lower gear restrictions, rev limiter, speed limiter

That being said- the fueling is the most important part- and if you aren't looking to rev higher or go faster top speed...you won't miss the Guhl file.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Power commander only adjusts fuel- does nothing about the ign curve, lower gear restrictions, rev limiter, speed limiter

That being said- the fueling is the most important part- and if you aren't looking to rev higher or go faster top speed...you won't miss the Guhl file.
Was also looking into maybe doing the rear sprocket up 2 teeth, any advice for sprocket ratio?
 
Doug Shepard_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Power commander only adjusts fuel- does nothing about the ign curve, lower gear restrictions, rev limiter, speed limiter

That being said- the fueling is the most important part- and if you aren't looking to rev higher or go faster top speed...you won't miss the Guhl file.
Was also looking into maybe doing the rear sprocket up 2 teeth, any advice for sprocket ratio?


I went up 2 on the rear.

Here is the sprocket you need-

Amazon.com
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Doug Shepard_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Power commander only adjusts fuel- does nothing about the ign curve, lower gear restrictions, rev limiter, speed limiter

That being said- the fueling is the most important part- and if you aren't looking to rev higher or go faster top speed...you won't miss the Guhl file.
Was also looking into maybe doing the rear sprocket up 2 teeth, any advice for sprocket ratio?


I went up 2 on the rear.

Here is the sprocket you need-

Amazon.com


I went up 2 on the rear.

Here is the sprocket you need-

Amazon.com
Appreciate the link - what response do you get with the 2 up in rear? Snappier more torque front wheel come up super easy and need to be careful? I drive mainly in town light to light not much highway i would like a little more on take off. 2 sounds like it maybe to much i was thinking 1 but i will think about the 2
 
Nothing to be afraid of. This bike can be as tame as you want it to be.

Even with more power and more gearing...it's still a 550 pound bike.
 
Guhl and 1973CB are both out of business as are any ECU reflashers and there is no alternative. It is what it is.

You might contact Powerdubs for advise, but in all honesty the CB is limited on what you can do with it. If you want more ponies in a retro bike you might try the Kawasaki Z900RS
 
The ferret_imp said:
Guhl and 1973CB are both out of business as are any ECU reflashers and there is no alternative. It is what it is.

You might contact Powerdubs for advise, but in all honesty the CB is limited on what you can do with it. If you want more ponies in a retro bike you might try the Kawasaki Z900RS


Regarding 1973CB... it appears he and his friends are making money elsewhere selling the tune I shared ...which honestly ticks me off.

I bought the cables needed- and ripped the file for the benefit of the community.

I gave it to him for free. When I saw what they were doing- and called him out on that... he did what any other bad actor does...make excuses to justify their greed.

He said it was OK since he had to pay for the file that allows him to read and modify the software...which is deflecting.

I paid the the Guhl flash itself...by his logic I should have charged for the file I gave him....I paid for the cable interface to send him the file...heck, I could have done the same as him and resell the file instead of giving it out...I didn't need to even send it to him....but I did it out of my own pocket, my time.. for the community.

*THUMBS DOWN*


The ferret_imp said:
Guhl and 1973CB are both out of business as are any ECU reflashers and there is no alternative. It is what it is.

You might contact Powerdubs for advise, but in all honesty the CB is limited on what you can do with it. If you want more ponies in a retro bike you might try the Kawasaki Z900RS


Eh... I wouldn't call it limited any more than any other vehicle is limited for whatever it is.

If we changed 'what' this bike is.. a LOT more could be done with it.

Most any vehicle gets a decent gain from basic mods...and then needs to go further in extremes for the last few %. With trade-offs.

On our bikes- getting 20% more power is easy..simple intake/exhaust and fuel. No trade off.

I've approached 25% gains.. but cams are outside what most people will do.

The numbers I show are still with the stock airbox horn in place. If anyone remembers- I dyno tested the TSR box plate...back when I just had a slip on muffler and no way to add fuel. It did make a gain.. but went a little lean so I took it off...and just never bothered to put it back on. I'd expect a few more whp with it now.

I don't think I have hit the limit yet.. of even simple stuff.. I've got some parts, ideas and my dyno now...I've just spent the last year doing house projects...covered in sawdust instead of motor oil.

There should be several more ponies that are 'easy' before it gets to the stage that will be expensive and time consuming- (Mark is correct)-

Expensive and time consuming would be- port a cyl head, raise the CR a bit- both to make up for overlap and the Honda 'overly safe to run on ANYTHING' warranty protocol..instead of premium.

The good thing would be- those don't change *what* the bike is- they just cost $$$$ and quite a bit of work.

If we change what the bike is- possibly see if larger valves / more aggressive cams make sense... but at that point I might as well do bigger pistons as well...and... probably not.

I say probably not- because everything I did on this bike was to make it better- for what this bike is.

I could put an obnoxious exhaust on it and make another 1-2whp. I won't.

I could remove the airbox and just run open horns for peak 1-2-3whp. I won't.

I could cam it up so much that I gain peak 8-10whp but loose 15-20 down low. I won't.

....and I could still sell the Guhl file.. I won't.
 
Yea, you can do all that, spend time and money and you will still never match the hp of a box stock Z900RS or most stock Japanese 600 Supersports for that matter. You can't even make it competitive with a Twin cylinder Triumph Thruxton which incidentally weighs 100+ pounds less than the CB.

The only thing a hopped up CB 1100 will out perform, is a non hopped up CB 1100.

Personally, I don't see the point.
 
Actually Mark....I'll give an even better answer.




The ferret_imp said:
Yea, you can do all that, spend time and money and you will still never match the hp of a box stock Z900RS or most stock Japanese 600 Supersports for that matter. You can't even make it competitive with a Twin cylinder Triumph Thruxton which incidentally weighs 100+ pounds less than the CB.

The only thing a hopped up CB 1100 will out perform, is a non hopped up CB 1100.

Personally, I don't see the point.

Here is one of my dyno charts.


0202da3de6d090d6a2a7fbb3e322554c.jpg






Here is a 2020 'box stock Z900RS'

Result? I beat it- by a LOT- all the way through the rev range.

Reference- How Much Power Does the 2020 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe Make?


820fab3a8ac0a5acc9b34d01d91fb51a.jpg





Here is a 2022 Kawasaki Z900RS SE - same result (it lost)

How Much Power Does the 2022 Kawasaki Z900RS SE Make?




Next you say- "or most stock Japanese 600 Supersports"

Lets see....


How Much Power Does the 2023 Suzuki GSX-R600 Make?

Reference- How Much Power Does the 2023 Suzuki GSX-R600 Make?


47feddba1ada1c63f6be160b08890dcb.jpg




Lets back that up with another class leading bike-

How Much Power Does the 2023 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Make?

Reference- How Much Power Does the 2023 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Make?



Answer? Not enough.. I still win by a LOT until it hits 12,500RPM (IF it does) and then it has to shift...


35e6330b5f2b781b192c9416420d9061.jpg





Now you say-

"You can't even make it competitive with a Twin cylinder Triumph Thruxton"


Really? Lets go for the R. (hint- I win...again, by a LOT)

2016 Triumph Thruxton R - DYNO TEST

Reference- 2016 Triumph Thruxton R - DYNO TEST



77b949e6a0ef25493203ba2a9a92acc1.jpg



Lets throw some others in-


BMW NineRT? I win-

How Much Power Does The 2020 BMW R nineT Make?


Indian Scout? I win-

2018 Indian Scout Dyno


Triumph speed twin 1200? I win.

How Much Power Does the 2024 Triumph Speed Twin 1200 Make?


Street Triple RS has to bounce off the rev limiter to beat me.. but then shift...

How Much Power Does The 2020 Triumph Street Triple RS Make?


Even the Ducati Monster 1200S has to keep the revs between 7-10 grand to beat me.

How Much Power Does The 2020 Ducati Monster 1200 S Make?
 
I'm not saying one can't do anything they want with their own bike, their own money or their own time. Not for me to say. There are just some things I dont get, and that's ok. I'm allowed not to get it.

I don't get low slung bagger motorcycles with 30" front wheels. I don't get loud exhausts. I don't get cars that jump up and down on their suspensions. I dont get cars with giant speakers with the bass turned up so loud that it thuds/vibrates the cars all around them. I don't get jacked up pickup trucks with huge tires, and there are a zillion other things I don't get.
 
Lol, I just wanted to get rid of the limiters not start a fight. I don't like my bike cutting out because I hit top speed in 4th gear. As for the bit about the thruxton. I have ridden both my stock cb1100 and a stock Thruxton RS on the same ride and the CB hangs. The thrux does better in the corners, duh, but are truly comparable in normal SE Texas riding conditions. I will say this too for half the sticker as a used thrux the CB is a hands down better overall motorcycle.
 
Ok dubs I find your personal attack not fitting for this forum, so I have deleted it and you have earned yourself some time in the corner
 
Back
Top