Guhl Tune/Derestriction

Rox_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Im considering getting it done. Who here has it? How you like it? How's the performance? What's your top speed?
 
Rox_imp said:
Im considering getting it done. Who here has it? How you like it? How's the performance? What's your top speed?
I gots it, Took the retardation out of the ignition timing, removed speed limiter, raised rev limiter.

I do feel is was generally a "Smoother" ride before the tune. But not a complaint. It changed my "Sweet Spot" for cruising and I dont know exactly where my top speed is but its beyond the speedo.. I did have an issue with the bike not wanting to maintain cruising speed around 70MPH after the flash. The revs were jerky. I should have just sent it back to guhls to have it adjusted but my mechanic talked me into the power commander and new fuel map and it fixed the problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I did a few mods that required the tune and yes it was done by Guhl. Wonderful people to work with. Bike runs amazing. It was derestricted and upped the max rpm too.

Big change with all the mods.
 
Got it.

Bike pulls better, runs smoother, and goes faster

I did experience instability at idle shortly after install(would bounce a hew hundred RPM's) but the bike has never done this again

For what it is, I do think the flash could be cheaper. But as some say, "gotta pay to play"

All said and done I'm a happy camper and have not looked back since
 
Thread starter
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Got it.

Bike pulls better, runs smoother, and goes faster

I did experience instability at idle shortly after install(would bounce a hew hundred RPM's) but the bike has never done this again

For what it is, I do think the flash could be cheaper. But as some say, "gotta pay to play"

All said and done I'm a happy camper and have not looked back since
Sent it out the other day. It'll be great to have this pull like an 1100.. I guess I'll keep the Bazzaz on it to help with idle and and fueling turbulance. Thanks for the push.
 
Rox_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Got it.

Bike pulls better, runs smoother, and goes faster

I did experience instability at idle shortly after install(would bounce a hew hundred RPM's) but the bike has never done this again

For what it is, I do think the flash could be cheaper. But as some say, "gotta pay to play"

All said and done I'm a happy camper and have not looked back since
Sent it out the other day. It'll be great to have this pull like an 1100.. I guess I'll keep the Bazzaz on it to help with idle and and fueling turbulance. Thanks for the push.
Sent it out the other day. It'll be great to have this pull like an 1100.. I guess I'll keep the Bazzaz on it to help with idle and and fueling turbulance. Thanks for the push.
You will not be disappointed :thumbsup:

Please share your first impressions
 
You guys are lucky you have this option in the states. Still trying to find out the best option here in the UK.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
shahyaan, I could well be wrong, but no UK member of this forum has ever posted a local or even European solution. I think one member—beardyweirdy—sent his ECM to Guhl in the US. He had no problem as far as I recall. You may have to do the same.
 
He did a lovely job on it, didn't he? Wonder what happened to it?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
shahyaan, I could well be wrong, but no UK member of this forum has ever posted a local or even European solution. I think one member—beardyweirdy—sent his ECM to Guhl in the US. He had no problem as far as I recall. You may have to do the same.

Just couldn’t be without the bike for that length of time as it’s my commuter as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Could always buy a used ECU on Ebay- have it sent direct to Don- then once you swap it in, sell your ECU on Ebay.

Ah great shout. Thanks for that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
shahyaan_imp said:
You guys are lucky you have this option in the states. Still trying to find out the best option here in the UK.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im sure there's a bloke with a shed in the UK whose unlocked these ECUs. Just might take some searching.
 
AFAIK, Guhl is still the only game in town(world)

Only exception might be in Japan, which would be rather hard to find due to the language barrier
 
I doubt if anyone re-flashes in Japan. They are pretty strict on their laws over there and the Nation Speed limit is only 62 mph/100 kph. Wish we had some more active Japanese members to fill us in.

Statutory speed limit in Japan defaults to 100 km/h (62 mph) for divided national expressways and 60 km/h (37 mph) for any other roads, unless otherwise posted. The highest speed limit in Japan is 120 km/h (75 mph) on some sections of Shin-Tōmei Expressway (E1A) and Tōhoku Expressway (E4).
 
The ferret_imp said:
I doubt if anyone re-flashes in Japan. They are pretty strict on their laws over there and the Nation Speed limit is only 62 mph/100 kph. Wish we had some more active Japanese members to fill us in.

Statutory speed limit in Japan defaults to 100 km/h (62 mph) for divided national expressways and 60 km/h (37 mph) for any other roads, unless otherwise posted. The highest speed limit in Japan is 120 km/h (75 mph) on some sections of Shin-Tōmei Expressway (E1A) and Tōhoku Expressway (E4).
Sounds like Ontario, Canada in general - although there is no concept of a "national" limit.
 
For interest only, Australia has a 'national' limit of 100 kph on main roads, although major arterial freeways are 110 kph away from built up areas. I think there's one road in the Northern Territory where the speed limit is 130 kph. Our police are enthusiastic in pursuing people who speed and there is very little tolerance given.
 
Rox_imp said:
shahyaan_imp said:
You guys are lucky you have this option in the states. Still trying to find out the best option here in the UK.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im sure there's a bloke with a shed in the UK whose unlocked these ECUs. Just might take some searching.
Im sure there's a bloke with a shed in the UK whose unlocked these ECUs. Just might take some searching.

Haha said like an English man.

It’s a difficult one don’t want to trash an ECU with the “bloke in the shed”.

I’m guessing the power commanders don’t really do anything useful.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cormanus_imp said:
For interest only, Australia has a 'national' limit of 100 kph on main roads, although major arterial freeways are 110 kph away from built up areas. I think there's one road in the Northern Territory where the speed limit is 130 kph. Our police are enthusiastic in pursuing people who speed and there is very little tolerance given.

We can usually push 80mph on the motorways in the UK and most the time you’re pretty safe. 70mph is the norm though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top