Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Wait, what?! Didn't they give you an offer of $9400 over the phone? Did you accept the offer before heading over there?Tysondusch_imp said:I am at dealer. Leaving without bike. I get here and they say the best they can do is $10500. Will continue shopping. Oh well.
Probably not worth the headache but that sounds like an illegal bait-and-switch (consumer fraud) and possibly an enforceable contract if you gave up something in addition to just the offer and acceptance; like missing out on another bike you would have purchased that is no longer available. You driving to the dealership is probably not enough in itself. And, beyond all that, you don't want the headache of a legal battle over something like this. Life is too short. I wouldn't be shy about telling that salesperson how you feel though. Pretty outrageous for him to make an offer like that after it clearly sounded like he you guys were going back and forth on the price (he must have been talking to his sales manager is my opinion).Tysondusch_imp said:Yep over the phone I accepted the offer. When I get there salesman says he has to "try" and gt that for me. Mgr comes over says sorry not possible. Tries to get me into a Bonneville or FZ-09, I say no thank you and leave. Man I was ready- today was the day!
Sounds like one of those dealerships run by former used car salesmen. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do other than tell everybody you know what kind of dealership they're running.Tysondusch_imp said:Yep over the phone I accepted the offer. When I get there salesman says he has to "try" and gt that for me. Mgr comes over says sorry not possible. Tries to get me into a Bonneville or FZ-09, I say no thank you and leave. Man I was ready- today was the day!
Tysondusch_imp said:Yep over the phone I accepted the offer. When I get there salesman says he has to "try" and gt that for me. Mgr comes over says sorry not possible. Tries to get me into a Bonneville or FZ-09, I say no thank you and leave. Man I was ready- today was the day!
Sounds like one of those dealerships run by former used car salesmen. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do other than tell everybody you know what kind of dealership they're running.Flynrider_imp said:Sounds like one of those dealerships run by former used car salesmen. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do other than tell everybody you know what kind of dealership they're running.Tysondusch_imp said:Yep over the phone I accepted the offer. When I get there salesman says he has to "try" and gt that for me. Mgr comes over says sorry not possible. Tries to get me into a Bonneville or FZ-09, I say no thank you and leave. Man I was ready- today was the day!
Keep looking. You'll find one.
The bike is supposed to have some suspension refinements also. The sixth gear is for better cruising at high speed. Plus, it's control panel is sexier and guess what you look at the most. Still, all of these might not be worth 3500 dollars unless you are set on a new Black Edition and so buying one is much better than spending 7 grand on something you are not happy with, so unhappy with that you are considering spending money on changing the 2013 into a 2014 black edition. So save your money and buy what you really want.Tysondusch_imp said:Update: now I am looking at used 2013 with 2000 miles at another dealer. I can get OTD with Honda 2 year warranty for $7000. It needs a detailing and I might paint the tank black to make it look like my beloved 2014 STD I was unable to get yesterday.
Other than the 6-speed transmission and better looking instrument cluster, anything I'd be missing out on by going for a used 2013 vs new 2014?
Just a thought but I would inquire about the dealership keeping the 2 year warranty and knocking some more off the price. These Hondas are really pretty well built and seldom does anyone have a warranty issue that I can remember.Tysondusch_imp said:Update: now I am looking at used 2013 with 2000 miles at another dealer. I can get OTD with Honda 2 year warranty for $7000. It needs a detailing and I might paint the tank black to make it look like my beloved 2014 STD I was unable to get yesterday.
Other than the 6-speed transmission and better looking instrument cluster, anything I'd be missing out on by going for a used 2013 vs new 2014?