Global Warming

cbfan_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Coming in this afternoon from a quick 3 day ride in west Texas temperature was nearly 90 degrees! It was a great ride. Attached photos: River road in Big Bend, attack chicken in Presidio and Vet memorial in Valentine Tx.
 
we are lookin at our earliest 90 degree day since early 1900s here . excellent riding weather.

thats a young fighting cock! we had then in az in the 70s . from the pic looks like his top cone n lower have been cut already.
 
90s ? Only in our dreams in the midwest. Snowing hard again now.

Is that an F6B? Does it make a good tourer?
 
Thread starter
It was a fun ride, hardly any traffic and perfect weather. The F6B is a great touring bike. I just installed Mustang seat and its perfect. The Kuryakyn Touring bag makes a perfect back rest with the seat. The bike has all kinds of power.............coming back on the Interstate with a bit of a tail wind doing 80 indicated I was getting about 41mpg. Was doing some serious twisties on River road and the rear end broke lose with alittle too much wrist action..........nearly had to change undies.
 
I take it that's an aftermarket shield for a standard wing?
 
Thread starter
I had that OEM shield left over from '09 Wing(traded it for the F6). Installed it and trimmed about 3 inches off the top and it works good............didn't like the shorty shield it came with, not very effective. Also installed is Rush exhaust which provides a nice mellow sound.
 
It has been an especially brutal winter here. Recently, while getting something out of the freezer, it seemed to me like it had quit working and had warmed up....
Nope, I've just gotten acclimated to the cold.
 
cbfan_imp said:
Coming in this afternoon from a quick 3 day ride in west Texas temperature was nearly 90 degrees! It was a great ride. Attached photos: River road in Big Bend, attack chicken in Presidio and Vet memorial in Valentine Tx.
MY mistake. I thought this was the CB Forum.. LOL. just jealous it's snowing again here. ( I have a F6B also ).
 
CBXBob_imp said:
cbfan_imp said:
Coming in this afternoon from a quick 3 day ride in west Texas temperature was nearly 90 degrees! It was a great ride. Attached photos: River road in Big Bend, attack chicken in Presidio and Vet memorial in Valentine Tx.
MY mistake. I thought this was the CB Forum.. LOL. just jealous it's snowing again here. ( I have a F6B also ).
Just remember this thread in July & August when those guys in Saharizona are singing the blues, (that is, if you aren't too busy out riding and having fun then...)
 
So True. Prime riding season here starts in November. Although I ride all summer long (even when it's 115F or better), it's a lot more enjoyable these days.

My truck hasn't left the garage in weeks. In the summer it's gets more use because the A/C gives me a break from the misery every now and then.
 
Road three of my bikes yesterday; today it was the lowly 650L's turn. Bartlett Lake (did a little hill climbing once there - on foot).
 
Rboe_imp said:
Road three of my bikes yesterday; today it was the lowly 650L's turn. Bartlett Lake (did a little hill climbing once there - on foot).

Great photo Rboe :thumbsup:
 
Rboe_imp said:
Road three of my bikes yesterday; today it was the lowly 650L's turn. Bartlett Lake (did a little hill climbing once there - on foot).
I flew over Bartlett yesterday on the way to breakfast in Payson. That water level is looking really low. Maybe we could use some weather around here.
 
Back
Top