GIVI Trekker 46L

Ole

Been there
Thread starter
Pics, pics, pics we all like pics. :) The guy who drives the brown truck has been to my place a lot of late. He brought a Hondaline rear carrier.

9d1fc9de3aa5045d5c3389453fd014d6.jpg


Got that on easy enough looks good and sturdy

Then I covered that nice chrome with a GIVI plate

99953d1d86ddc7a497229c32e9abae88.jpg


Then I covered the GIVI plate with another plate

eb5ae7aecb6e7a68c9fc3b5729805ca2.jpg


Then I snapped on a GIVI Trekker 46L

f774f7e9528f553695ce53ccfe07997c.jpg


9627a2dd810831dbb5b8ce345df219ec.jpg


f31016848ec67be07b99f87a044f67ac.jpg


I like that it opens part way or all the way you set it by these little tabs

1dc3cea89d0734b7016f99c2309fd9ac.jpg


29c3e7e728d4a808beb4566736cca3f6.jpg


There are many on ADV who HATE top cases. I have a trip coming up and must say a top case comes in real handy on a long ride. A place to lock coat, helmet, etc. when you are not with the bike. I am not saying it will be on my CB 100% of the time.
It has a locking mechanism in rear center

37ed21fc7eacff8ca0f8ec8d4f6ea5e0.jpg


And two more side locks that, well, dont lock. Must be insurance locks?

baef338be9ecd3d7bede30e1b8931dab.jpg


802067f66e60a05475a55b3393b88599.jpg


Put a small Nat Cycle windscreen on. I just wanted something to take some blast off my chest

d4381794ba8beddc8d61f6cc46fe363c.jpg


Robbed my dirt bike of the thermometer and GPS holder in prep for this trip. Ran a hardwire to the battery for the GPS

ba88c3ddd528a1c489ec0042ffbf8ed7.jpg


8f3fab0c346f60996a83f59b10362df9.jpg


I have about 3 options for the passenger seat. My old Cabelas waterproof bag, or a the Wolfman waterproof duffel I just won as a door prize at ADV WestFest, or my old reliable, a MotoFizz camping seat bag:

641261c7c9f1ddb091bd81b791851008.jpg


95c03ba1c545f7d46c9cefb86927bc97.jpg


Whichever I choose I should have more than enough capacity for a 6 day ride.
The Trekker was $319 at Motorcycle Superstore
 
Holy cow that thing is huge! You really could take the kitchen sink with you. Sure would be handy for long trips though thats for sure. Its hard to tell in the pics but the only thing that might concern me is being about to see your tail/brake lights and turn signals. Thanks for posting all of the pics.
 
Nice! That should do it. Very functional lightweight sport tourer.

Dang man, that is a clean garage!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nice! That should do it. Very functional lightweight sport tourer.

Dang man, that is a clean garage!
HA! Clean garage? Really?
Can't you see the cobwebs under the chair on the portable air tank?
Can't you see what my Tacoma with a rusted out frame has deposited on the floor?
Can't you see the black garden hose that looks like it was wrapped up by someone in a hurry?

:banana:
 
Hi ole, I installed the honda rack and givi mount a couple of days ago. The v46 case is perfect for holding my laptop backpack (and a coffee thermos). I like the honda rack's look - hated to cover it up. The trekker case looks quite useful!
 
Thread starter
frontrange_kg_imp said:
Hi ole, I installed the honda rack and givi mount a couple of days ago. The v46 case is perfect for holding my laptop backpack (and a coffee thermos). I like the honda rack's look - hated to cover it up. The trekker case looks quite useful!
I had a V46 on a previous bike and really liked it. But so did the guy who bought my bike! So I let it go. 100% waterproof. I went Trekker this time just because it is squarish so maybe I stuff more crap in it!
 
Looks great!! Could you confirm which Givi Mount you used with your Honda Luggage Rack? They haven't updated their site so I am not sure which one to order for my bike.
 
Thread starter
ART_imp said:
Looks great!! Could you confirm which Givi Mount you used with your Honda Luggage Rack? They haven't updated their site so I am not sure which one to order for my bike.
Sure thing Art. GIVI has two systems. Monolock and Monokey. I have both. The Monokey system is beefier and more sturdy than the Monolock. The two systems are not compatible.

I used a GIVI E250 plate to attach the Trekker 46L to my Honda Rack.
 
Thread starter
silascopathic_imp said:
road trip time! you could pack a small apartment in that thing :)
Yep. Me and the boy going around Lake Superior. About 2500 miles from Southern Wisconsin total. I need room for a sleeping bag, air mat, and tent. I should have no problems with this set up. Plenty of room!
 
Thread starter
jschaff_imp said:
Ole - Thanks, I am using the same configuration! Hopefully givi will have side/saddle hardware soon,
Yes, I am quite fond of GIVI products. They are waterproof. The Trekker worked out well on a recent 7 day camping trip we took.

4bba251046fabe4f94bf3693d2ce761f.jpg


If your Trekker is making a "rattling" noise over bumpy roads? Place 4 garden hose washers around the little nubs on the base plate. Cheap mod and it works!
 
Thread starter
GIXXERMAN_imp said:
Where can I getsome of those clear turn signal covers? Your set up looks great.
EBay for the lens covers
local NAPA auto parts store for the amber bulbs

I think the heading for the EBay ad said they fit a Honda Shadow 750 but I could tell from the pics they would work on my CB and they fit perfect,,,,
 
Thanks, I've been looking to replace the entire signal with something but havnt had any luck. They don't look bad with the clear lenses, I appreciate the help. Going to try and find them now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
 
1) Can you itemize all the accessories you have on your bike, and where to buy it with WEB site reference.

2) I also have a windshield like you, however, you mount it higher than I do, do you have a lot of wind noise? how do it perform while riding?

3) How do you mount your bike when there is a BIG bag behind you?
 
You did a great job on the paint Alex
 
Back
Top