Gas Mileage?

I am still getting 52 -57 mpg on my 13 but my bum shoulder makes my rides pretty short. We shall se how my new 19 tooth sprocket
does.
 
My '13 averages 48 mpg. Mostly highway riding @ 65mph where we live, no I-roads for 110 miles. Still on my orig. front tire at 12,000 mi., rear tire replaced at 10,000 mi. Chain has not needed adjustment. The bike is perfect.
 
That's odd. Most of us have experienced that the front will wear out long before the rear. I did my front at 9,000 and the rear at 15,000. To be fair I could have waited possibly another 1,000 miles on the rear, but I had the tire and I didn't want to push it.
 
I finally hit the elusive 50mpg this last tank, that took a soft hand on the throttle. If I ride it with a hot hand, 42mpg is the result. What I considered a normal average ride style, 47 seems to be the norm, I'm happy with that.
 
Tonights fill up. 195.4 miles took 3.4 gallons to fill works out to 57.45 mpg
 
My commute today: 96 miles, 2 gallons even, 48 mpg, 95% of it on the interstate at 70mph.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
After 1700 miles and all manner of riding I'm still pleasantly amazed at the low cost of operation associated with this bike:

A low mpg of 53.3 and a high of 56.9. Overall average across the 1700 miles: 55.1

And on regular fuel. Not that I bought it for its economy, but that just sweetens the deal. :D
 
54.5 mpg on the back roads of central Florida? I hope the app is not deceiving me. Riding with five others, three cruisers and two sport bikes. They all complement how good the CB looks. I understand :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
 
Just got back from a 750KM trip 80% highway and 20% twisty back-roads. Having just finished the break-in period I averaged 53MPG. Anything below 90kmph it gets great mileage, but at 120-130kmph it seems to drop right off. Being 250lbs with a 44" chest I'm guessing it's my aero (or lack thereof) more than anything... Still super happy with that figure for an 1100 cc naked bike.
 
I have a pretty heavy throttle hand and was getting mid 40's with a stock 2013, then down to upper 30s after extensive intake and exhaust mods. With a 19T countershaft sprocket and 38T rear shaft sprocket change, gas mileage has climbed back into the low 40s.
 
My last fill up on my CB750 was 53 mpg which is a little bit on the high side of what I average. Amazed how the 1100s do just as good if not better in many cases. Im a 48-52 pretty much all of the time the way I ride.
 
Let me update my last post and note I have broke all previous records by a long shot and why. MY norm is 50 mpg on my 750. Took a 330 mile trip today and the first tank was 57.5. Pretty good and about 50 miles of that was at 70 mph on a parkway. Coming home we avoided the parkway and speeds were 45-60 but mostly 55 give or take. Filled up when I got in and drumroll please 60.5 mpg. I cant do any better than that with an older carbed 750.

Its on in how you ride and where you ride. Very little stop and go on this run to Cumberland falls and mostly steady speeds.

Had a great day and a fun ride but boy my hind end is feeling it. Seat isnt too forgiving on these older 750s.
 
Funny...., I don't do much interstate on a normal day to day basis. On one of my loops in Kentucky back roads 45-50 mph, not many stops I averaged 58 mpg. Coming home yesterday on I-75, running 70-75 mph I reached down and checked the fuel computer and I was getting 46 mpg. I was shocked! That is a huge difference.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Funny...., I don't do much interstate on a normal day to day basis. On one of my loops in Kentucky back roads 45-50 mph, not many stops I averaged 58 mpg. Coming home yesterday on I-75, running 70-75 mph I reached down and checked the fuel computer and I was getting 46 mpg. I was shocked! That is a huge difference.
OH yeah, at higher speeds the wind resistance goes up exponentially and fuel mileage drops big time. No way to get around it. I just never had that perfect loop under ideal conditions until yesterday to see what was possible. I ride interstates and parkways all the time at 70mph+ which is part of the reason I only average about 50.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Funny...., I don't do much interstate on a normal day to day basis. On one of my loops in Kentucky back roads 45-50 mph, not many stops I averaged 58 mpg. Coming home yesterday on I-75, running 70-75 mph I reached down and checked the fuel computer and I was getting 46 mpg. I was shocked! That is a huge difference.
I did a little experiment today. I rode 105 miles out, all interstate and state highways, averaging 70-75 mph, filled up when I got there - 46 mpg. Same route back, averaging 60-65 mph, filled up near home - 53 mpg. No appreciable difference in headwinds or elevation at the end points. No doubt, that extra 10 mph sure ratchets down the mileage!
 
Pauley_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Funny...., I don't do much interstate on a normal day to day basis. On one of my loops in Kentucky back roads 45-50 mph, not many stops I averaged 58 mpg. Coming home yesterday on I-75, running 70-75 mph I reached down and checked the fuel computer and I was getting 46 mpg. I was shocked! That is a huge difference.
I did a little experiment today. I rode 105 miles out, all interstate and state highways, averaging 70-75 mph, filled up when I got there - 46 mpg. Same route back, averaging 60-65 mph, filled up near home - 53 mpg. No appreciable difference in headwinds or elevation at the end points. No doubt, that extra 10 mph sure ratchets down the mileage!
That sounds about right to me Pauly.
 
Back
Top