Gas Mileage?

I have about 1,300 miles on the bike so far and I've been consistently getting about 54 MPG. Don't do a lot of freeway speeds over 75 mph though. Some, but not a lot.
 
When I commute and can keep it at 70 I get in the neighborhood of 50 mpg. If I go over that is when it starts dropping into the 40's.
 
If I wanted good economy, I'd drive my diesel. Something I've done very little of in the last month. Hmm. I wonder why that is.
 
Tonights fill up was at 213.7 miles on this tank. Had been on flashing bar for awhile and computer said 31 miles of fuel remaining. Fill up took 3.88 gals for 55 mpg calculated.
 
I'm averaging 47 mpg so far. My commute is 86 miles round trip and is a mix of rural roads, city, interstate and hills. I'm soon to click on the 600 mile mark. I'm pretty sure if it was mostly flat where I live I'd get over 50 mpg.
 
Maybe I need to crank it up a bit? I've done highways averaging 70mph and been stretching out the shift points and still haven't gotten less than 53mpg. Highest has been 54.9. Nearing 1000miles on the clock.

Not complaining! This is terrific. I luv this bike! :celebrate:
 
First 500 miles I was getting 54mpg, the last 300 miles (almost 1,800 on it now) I got 58.5 on the average. Granted most of the last few hundred were on two-laners doing 60-70mph with few stops. That 6th gear really seems to help. Not sure if the NC Street Shield helps with mpg, but it sure makes those long rides in the country more pleasant.
 
Yesterdays fill was 206.3 miles and 3.58 gal for 57.62 mpg
 
I am convinced that you have a genie hidden in your motor just pushing on the pistons to make the bike move...grrrr.
 
Yeah some still having the magical 1100's with the amazing gas mileage. My poor mileage played a part in my trade in getting only 38-39 miles per gallon just wasn't good when I was reading others getting these amazing stats. Now with my new vulcan and having put on over 1500 miles in two months I am averaging over 62 miles per gallon.

Sorry for straying from the topic of the 1100's gas mileage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Randy B_imp said:
I am convinced that you have a genie hidden in your motor just pushing on the pistons to make the bike move...grrrr.
Pauley_imp said:
All downhill with tailwinds?
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
If one is getting good gas mileage, one is not riding hard enough LOL!

I've often said my mileage is good because of how and where I ride. I ride fairly easy but steadily .... Between 45-60 and mostly 50-55 on back country curvy 2 lane roads with no stop lights and few stop signs and very little shifting actually. With the 14 DLX I seem to be turning around 2500 rpms most of the time. These roads start the moment I leave my drive way and many times I will ride 75 miles and not see anyone in front of me, nor anyone behind me.if I ride to town to the post office it's maybe 3 miles and 2 stop lights. The grocery is the most congested place I ride to probably, right thru the middle of the next town.. 6 miles and 4 traffic lights. Busy place lol. Other than that I head out to the country to ride.

Oh well, right now I am 27 miles shy of riding 17,000 miles so far this year ( on 3 different bikes) so think I'll throw on some gear and go for a ride before it rains.
 
Wow Ferret, those are some insanely low mileage figures! I have had to convert your results to metric to understand the results, and from your report above you did 331km and then put in 13.55lt. That boggles the mind! Yesterday I filled mine up, and grated the bike is still very new but I have subsequently been riding it very carefully, and I filled 12lt after doing 230km.

My consumption 5.2l / 100km, or 45.2 mpg.

Your consumption 57.62mpg or 4l / 100km

Simply incredible. You get a range of 430km or almost 270 miles!!
 
Just got in from a " very typical" morning ride... 43.3 miles. Rode the CB 1100. Paid attention to several things. Highest speed was 60 mph. Highest rpm was 3250. I went 12 miles before I saw an oncoming car, 19 miles before finding a car headed the same direction I was riding. I pulled a U turn and rode another 13 miles before getting behind another vehicle. Followed them 1 1/2 miles and they pulled off on a side road and I never was bothered by another car for the rest of the ride. Never saw a car in my rearview mirrors. Lots and lots of curves and elevation changes. What a great place to live and ride. Outside temperature right now is 70.5 degrees. I'm now at 17, 016 miles for the year.

Put the CB away, getting out the Majesty and heading to a pharmacy about 12 miles away to pick up a script. So far the rain has held off.

Henrik I have ridden 225 miles and still had over a half gallon left according to refill calculations. I figured safe outside limit 240 miles, but I don't want to push lol

Btw Ridem32 over on the UK board had gotten over 62 mpg I believe and several here has gotten over 60. Of course some have gotten under 40 as well lol
 
Those are some truly impressive figures. Mind you, I am already happy with 45mpg because that is already way better than my Corsaro could do.

No matter, I really am loving my new bike! Every time I get off it, all I want to do is go for another ride.
 
Back
Top