shdwghst457_imp
Been there
Wow! Does it have a W16 Veyron engine?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


I get low to mid 40's on my commute which is split about 25% stop and go, 25% below 70 mph, and 50% at about 85mph.dBuster_imp said:It is interesting to see the big difference in mpg with essentially the same bike. Are riding habits that much different that there is such a range in mpg? Is it the gas we are using, ie with 10% ethanol and it without? Are there manufacturing issues with the Nike's that is causing the big difference in mpg?
Who knows but I do find it extremely interesting we have some that get upper 50's almost 60 mpg then we have some just above 40 mpg... Something must be the cause.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
+ 1 and I tell you something else that is hard to account for is wind. I got 51 and 49 on my last tanks on my 750 riding 75 mph in the parkways and interstates. I could not figure it out until I thought about the wind. There was none. Put me in a head wind and it will drop 5 mpg right off the bat.Guth_imp said:Maybe folks don't necessarily want to share such information, but I'd imaging that one big factor when it comes to gas mileage on our bikes would be the size and weight of the rider. A big/tall guy is going to create more drag than a short/small rider and their gas mileage is going to suffer some because of it.
Another factor is the altitude. I live in Colorado at an altitude of about 6,000 feet. The density of the air here is 20% less than at sea level. That means that the drag is lower and would explain why I get over 60MPG where others are getting around 50MPG. Just say'in'.Guth_imp said:Maybe folks don't necessarily want to share such information, but I'd imaging that one big factor when it comes to gas mileage on our bikes would be the size and weight of the rider. A big/tall guy is going to create more drag than a short/small rider and their gas mileage is going to suffer some because of it.
Yeah, I think this has a lot to do with the difference too. I'm big guy, a lot of wind drag too.Guth_imp said:Maybe folks don't necessarily want to share such information, but I'd imaging that one big factor when it comes to gas mileage on our bikes would be the size and weight of the rider. A big/tall guy is going to create more drag than a short/small rider and their gas mileage is going to suffer some because of it.
Did I miss a thread while on vacation? Dbuster what did you get?dBuster_imp said:I still say it is the bike and the uniqueness of each one. Some will get amazing mileage and some not. Sure they possibly came off the exact same assembly line, sure they are cast or made from the same mold/plans, but each one is unique...
If you get those amazing close to 60mpg great, if not and your in the 40mpg range I feel for you. The bad or poor mileage that my 1100 was getting played a part in the decision to trade it in... Sorry to say that... Plus the deal I got with $200 over blue book was hard to pass up... Do I regret it, some days, but I will never see a day with more than one bike in the garage, I can safely say I will never be able to afford it.
Just remember as we are all unique as is our bikes no matter the flavor/brands/make/model...
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think this has a lot to do with the difference too. I'm big guy, a lot of wind drag too. Are you than a wind bag ?Gingersdaddy_imp said:Yeah, I think this has a lot to do with the difference too. I'm big guy, a lot of wind drag too.Guth_imp said:Maybe folks don't necessarily want to share such information, but I'd imaging that one big factor when it comes to gas mileage on our bikes would be the size and weight of the rider. A big/tall guy is going to create more drag than a short/small rider and their gas mileage is going to suffer some because of it.
Exactly. There are a multitude of factors that impact gas mileage, but you rarely see people mention those factors when comparing numbers with one another.sanoke_imp said:Another factor is the altitude. I live in Colorado at an altitude of about 6,000 feet. The density of the air here is 20% less than at sea level. That means that the drag is lower and would explain why I get over 60MPG where others are getting around 50MPG. Just say'in'.Guth_imp said:Maybe folks don't necessarily want to share such information, but I'd imaging that one big factor when it comes to gas mileage on our bikes would be the size and weight of the rider. A big/tall guy is going to create more drag than a short/small rider and their gas mileage is going to suffer some because of it.