FYI: new 2013 locally for $6995

Papa Weeley_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I couldn't believe it, but Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernardino has got a leftover 2013 model that they're advertising for only $6995.00!
Just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone was in the market -
 
Interesting that Honda's importing the2014 if there are so many 2013 models ittng around unsold.
 
Seriously, is there a better, more beautiful $7k bike anywhere? The market is what it is, but that's a lot of bike for the money.
 
I am tempted to get one for future parts at that price! Seriously that is a heck of a buy. Makes me think I better get a 2014, I have a gut feel it is a 2 year bike.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten I feel same as you. I don't think the cb1100 will be around next year if sales don't pick up. That's why I'm buying another deluxe. And for. $7k I might buy a 13. I was going to wait another year or 2 to get a good used low mile 13 but wow $7k is a great buy
 
Who can be first to own 3 x CB1100s?
 
Wow. I can see it now. A second CB1100s - full retro? cafe max? or light tourer? At $7K, a second 1100 seems possible.
 
Thread starter
What's even worse, is I just bought mine about 6 weeks ago from my local Honda dealer (maybe 20 miles from these guys) for what I thought was a steal - $10K out the door... :-/
 
Thread starter
Ridem32_imp said:
PW: you a very low vin for a 13 model this time of year! :)
Yup, I've got the feeling it was THE SAME one I first saw at the dealer about this time last year! I'm going to have to ask them about it next time I'm in.
 
Thread starter
I stopped by to check it out last night. It is indeed going for $6999 - BUT - they've got about $1800 tacked on for freight, dealer set-up, etc. (I don't know if they wheel-and-deal on those charges or not; I get all my gear there, but have never bought a bike from them). Plus there'd be the obvious CA sales tax and registration. That'd put things at around $9800.00 out the door...now I'm not feeling so bad about the deal I got last month after all. :)
 
Elipten_imp said:
$1800 they are looking for a sucker?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, they are. It's a fairly common tactic in the business. Advertise a low price to get them in the door, then hope they don't notice all those extra numbers in the contract.
 
Back
Top