Front sprocket bolt cant be moved

Thread starter
Oh i just figured you were talking about air tools becsuse the one i tried was electric and it utterly failed to move the thing even a tiny bit.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Oh i just figured you were talking about air tools becsuse the one i tried was electric and it utterly failed to move the thing even a tiny bit.
I’been an auto tech for 4 decades, now semi retired, so air tool was king.
The kids at work have very powerful battery guns, ratchets and air tools.
So at home garage, for my own needs, I have smaller compressor mostly being used for tire pressure, air blower after washing, plus some other small applications or emergency. I also have a big old style but powerful 110V-1/2 drive electric gun that mostly collects dust.
The bottom line: anything for our cars I do at work, motorcycles, small applications at home.
Don't do any side jobs.
Crack that bolt loose… so we can finish with this lengthy problem....and don't use JB weld next time :P
:beerchug:
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
And there is nothing more embarrassing than slapping that new, powerful, expensive wrench on the nut and having it spin YOU around in circles.
Yeah, I never use air tools. Hand wrench and torqued (where necessary), always.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Oh i just figured you were talking about air tools becsuse the one i tried was electric and it utterly failed to move the thing even a tiny bit.

Go watch the YouTube channel I shared. They test all the brands / options and give real world results. Lots to see, lots to learn.

There are some cheap options that give very good results- certainly enough to pop your nut next time.

And even if you only do it once- buy it, use it, sell it online for half and come out ahead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yea... I have 2 upright belt driven 240v compressors w/ multiple overhead air reels... I can't remember the last time I turned one on for anything other than putting air in a tire.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Oh i just figured you were talking about air tools becsuse the one i tried was electric and it utterly failed to move the thing even a tiny bit.

Go watch the YouTube channel I shared. They test all the brands / options and give real world results. Lots to see, lots to learn.

There are some cheap options that give very good results- certainly enough to pop your nut next time.

And even if you only do it once- buy it, use it, sell it online for half and come out ahead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is taking a turn.
peterbaron_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Oh i just figured you were talking about air tools becsuse the one i tried was electric and it utterly failed to move the thing even a tiny bit.
I’been an auto tech for 4 decades, now semi retired, so air tool was king.
The kids at work have very powerful battery guns, ratchets and air tools.
So at home garage, for my own needs, I have smaller compressor mostly being used for tire pressure, air blower after washing, plus some other small applications or emergency. I also have a big old style but powerful 110V-1/2 drive electric gun that mostly collects dust.
The bottom line: anything for our cars I do at work, motorcycles, small applications at home.
Don't do any side jobs.
Crack that bolt loose… so we can finish with this lengthy problem....and don't use JB weld next time :P
:beerchug:
don't worry, there's a professional taking care of it right this minute. It'll be back in my hands with a new chain and sprocket tomorrrow afternoon. :biker:
 
Mr P how many miles did you get out of that chain?
 
Here are my sprockets after about 41K miles[/u]...and the main reason I replaced both was kinking chain at few spots, so did everything at one shot.
Sprockets and chain received average service, often 4K miles without any service intervals.


896dd02ada02a1d4c899024f765da952.jpg


767679796778d0c289f3d9090609665c.jpg
 
Mine at 36K miles still looked good. I replaced all the parts since I had already bought them. On my NC I replaced the 520 chain at 23,000 and used the same sprockets. My chain gets the same kind of service. Rarely adjusted between tire changes. Lubed occasionally when it looks dry or after I get caught in a lot of rain.
 
My chains have never stretched even halfway to replacement in the past 25 years. Sprockets have never needed changing.

I imagine if one is an aggressive rider, off-roader, or terrible at shifting gears, then yes: Chain, sprockets and tires would be often replaced.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
My chains have never stretched even halfway to replacement in the past 25 years. Sprockets have never needed changing.

I imagine if one is an aggressive rider, off-roader, or terrible at shifting gears, then yes: Chain, sprockets and tires would be often replaced.
Yyyep

For my part the aggressive riding managed to eventually kink up the chain a bit which made it worse, but most of the wear was already done by then. Hard acceleration. Higher revs, Lots of engine brake.
 
Back
Top