misterprofessionality
Road warrior
Thread starter
Oh i just figured you were talking about air tools becsuse the one i tried was electric and it utterly failed to move the thing even a tiny bit.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I’been an auto tech for 4 decades, now semi retired, so air tool was king.misterprofessionality_imp said:Oh i just figured you were talking about air tools becsuse the one i tried was electric and it utterly failed to move the thing even a tiny bit.

Yeah, I never use air tools. Hand wrench and torqued (where necessary), always.Nachodaddy_imp said:And there is nothing more embarrassing than slapping that new, powerful, expensive wrench on the nut and having it spin YOU around in circles.
misterprofessionality_imp said:Oh i just figured you were talking about air tools becsuse the one i tried was electric and it utterly failed to move the thing even a tiny bit.
This is taking a turn.PowerDubs_imp said:misterprofessionality_imp said:Oh i just figured you were talking about air tools becsuse the one i tried was electric and it utterly failed to move the thing even a tiny bit.
Go watch the YouTube channel I shared. They test all the brands / options and give real world results. Lots to see, lots to learn.
There are some cheap options that give very good results- certainly enough to pop your nut next time.
And even if you only do it once- buy it, use it, sell it online for half and come out ahead.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
don't worry, there's a professional taking care of it right this minute. It'll be back in my hands with a new chain and sprocket tomorrrow afternoon. :biker:peterbaron_imp said:I’been an auto tech for 4 decades, now semi retired, so air tool was king.misterprofessionality_imp said:Oh i just figured you were talking about air tools becsuse the one i tried was electric and it utterly failed to move the thing even a tiny bit.
The kids at work have very powerful battery guns, ratchets and air tools.
So at home garage, for my own needs, I have smaller compressor mostly being used for tire pressure, air blower after washing, plus some other small applications or emergency. I also have a big old style but powerful 110V-1/2 drive electric gun that mostly collects dust.
The bottom line: anything for our cars I do at work, motorcycles, small applications at home.
Don't do any side jobs.
Crack that bolt loose… so we can finish with this lengthy problem....and don't use JB weld next time
:beerchug:

Not a lot of mileage.peterbaron_imp said:me too, worn at 30K miles...???![]()
YyyepGoldOxide_imp said:My chains have never stretched even halfway to replacement in the past 25 years. Sprockets have never needed changing.
I imagine if one is an aggressive rider, off-roader, or terrible at shifting gears, then yes: Chain, sprockets and tires would be often replaced.