Fourteen FZ10 Fast Facts.

I got to sit on and look over one of these this past Saturday.
EXTREMELY comfortable position (though the seat itself had about as much padding as a 2 x 4), and felt every bit of 100 lbs. lighter than the CB. Center of gravity felt much lower as well.
My local dealer had both the grey with the lime wheels, and the all black versions...honestly not sure which I like better.
Mmmm...very tasty bikes... :thumbsup:
 
Papa Weeley, even from Australia, I can see your eyes staring into the middle distance and the hint of a wistful smile on your face. How long do you reckon it will take before there's one in the garage? :cool:
 
Thread starter
On paper it looks like the perfect bike for me. The right weight, power, and features. Some have groused about the styling features. For me, no problem, looks great. CB1100 is a new bike looking old, FZ10, a new bike that looks new. Style is what it is. The FZ10 weighs about 475 wet, perfect, with about 150 HP. Perfect.
 
My theory is that one of the greatest styling exercises is to simply add more horsepower to the mix, lol. On the flip side of that, I wonder how many people would actually be drawn to this bike if if featured less than 100 hp?
 
Guth_imp said:
My theory is that one of the greatest styling exercises is to simply add more horsepower to the mix, lol. On the flip side of that, I wonder how many people would actually be drawn to this bike if if featured less than 100 hp?
Honestly, I know I still would. I'm probably an anomaly amongst those in my age group, but I think it's amazing looking. :thumbsup:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
On paper it looks like the perfect bike for me. The right weight, power, and features. Some have groused about the styling features. For me, no problem, looks great. CB1100 is a new bike looking old, FZ10, a new bike that looks new. Style is what it is. The FZ10 weighs about 475 wet, perfect, with about 150 HP. Perfect.
The bearded-hipster-looking sales guy at the dealer (who I've never seen before there, but overall was a very pleasant guy) tried to convince me that the bike "has around 180hp - it's straight out of the R1".
:rofl:
Always amazes me when you know more than salespeople at a dealership...orrrr, now that I think about it....should I be upset that he thought a knowledgeable (we talked at length about bikes) 59 year old would be that gullible?! :dodgy:
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
My theory is that one of the greatest styling exercises is to simply add more horsepower to the mix, lol. On the flip side of that, I wonder how many people would actually be drawn to this bike if if featured less than 100 hp?
Honestly, I know I still would. I'm probably an anomaly amongst those in my age group, but I think it's amazing looking. :thumbsup:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
On paper it looks like the perfect bike for me. The right weight, power, and features. Some have groused about the styling features. For me, no problem, looks great. CB1100 is a new bike looking old, FZ10, a new bike that looks new. Style is what it is. The FZ10 weighs about 475 wet, perfect, with about 150 HP. Perfect.
The bearded-hipster-looking sales guy at the dealer (who I've never seen before there, but overall was a very pleasant guy) tried to convince me that the bike "has around 180hp - it's straight out of the R1".
:rofl:
Always amazes me when you know more than salespeople at a dealership...orrrr, now that I think about it....should I be upset that he thought a knowledgeable (we talked at length about bikes) 59 year old would be that gullible?! :dodgy:
Seems to always be the case, many times the sales folks don't even know about certain models unless they're on the floor there.
 
I once has a salesman tell me the first gen Bonnie 2001-2014 had close to 100 horsepower lol

of course some Honda salesmen tell their customers that the CB1100's they are looking at are "rear only ABS" :rofl:
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
My theory is that one of the greatest styling exercises is to simply add more horsepower to the mix, lol. On the flip side of that, I wonder how many people would actually be drawn to this bike if if featured less than 100 hp?
The FZ09 is for those guys. More power should equal a better chassis and better ECU control, better brakes, and better suspension. So that adds $$ to the price of the bike.

Last time they fooled around with the naked series Yamaha took the previous generation of FZ1 and turned it into a 106 HP FZ8. Chassis is almost identical, except the removal of metal in some areas to provide a bit of flex and road feel.

I don't think the FZ10 is a bargain-basement piece like the FZ09. I need to go look at one.

I do trust Coldwells' opinion on these things, though.

My ONLY reservation is with the ride-by-wire fueling. I like having the cables along with the motor-driven secondaries as a fail-safe feature.
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
My theory is that one of the greatest styling exercises is to simply add more horsepower to the mix, lol. On the flip side of that, I wonder how many people would actually be drawn to this bike if if featured less than 100 hp?
The FZ09 is for those guys. More power should equal a better chassis and better ECU control, better brakes, and better suspension. So that adds $$ to the price of the bike.

Last time they fooled around with the naked series Yamaha took the previous generation of FZ1 and turned it into a 106 HP FZ8. Chassis is almost identical, except the removal of metal in some areas to provide a bit of flex and road feel.

I don't think the FZ10 is a bargain-basement piece like the FZ09. I need to go look at one.

I do trust Coldwells' opinion on these things, though.

My ONLY reservation is with the ride-by-wire fueling. I like having the cables along with the motor-driven secondaries as a fail-safe feature.
Not at all, from what I saw. A VERY nice, well put together, quality piece of machinery.
I felt the same way about my Gen. 1 FZ1, too, though somehow in a different way...and even though this bike is its replacement, this is really a totally different bike.
I know several of us here have had them - I sure miss mine!

 
Back
Top