Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.



Honestly, I know I still would. I'm probably an anomaly amongst those in my age group, but I think it's amazing looking.Guth_imp said:My theory is that one of the greatest styling exercises is to simply add more horsepower to the mix, lol. On the flip side of that, I wonder how many people would actually be drawn to this bike if if featured less than 100 hp?

The bearded-hipster-looking sales guy at the dealer (who I've never seen before there, but overall was a very pleasant guy) tried to convince me that the bike "has around 180hp - it's straight out of the R1".Ulvetanna_imp said:On paper it looks like the perfect bike for me. The right weight, power, and features. Some have groused about the styling features. For me, no problem, looks great. CB1100 is a new bike looking old, FZ10, a new bike that looks new. Style is what it is. The FZ10 weighs about 475 wet, perfect, with about 150 HP. Perfect.
Seems to always be the case, many times the sales folks don't even know about certain models unless they're on the floor there.Papa Weeley_imp said:Honestly, I know I still would. I'm probably an anomaly amongst those in my age group, but I think it's amazing looking.Guth_imp said:My theory is that one of the greatest styling exercises is to simply add more horsepower to the mix, lol. On the flip side of that, I wonder how many people would actually be drawn to this bike if if featured less than 100 hp?
The bearded-hipster-looking sales guy at the dealer (who I've never seen before there, but overall was a very pleasant guy) tried to convince me that the bike "has around 180hp - it's straight out of the R1".Ulvetanna_imp said:On paper it looks like the perfect bike for me. The right weight, power, and features. Some have groused about the styling features. For me, no problem, looks great. CB1100 is a new bike looking old, FZ10, a new bike that looks new. Style is what it is. The FZ10 weighs about 475 wet, perfect, with about 150 HP. Perfect.
:rofl:
Always amazes me when you know more than salespeople at a dealership...orrrr, now that I think about it....should I be upset that he thought a knowledgeable (we talked at length about bikes) 59 year old would be that gullible?! :dodgy:
The FZ09 is for those guys. More power should equal a better chassis and better ECU control, better brakes, and better suspension. So that adds $$ to the price of the bike.Guth_imp said:My theory is that one of the greatest styling exercises is to simply add more horsepower to the mix, lol. On the flip side of that, I wonder how many people would actually be drawn to this bike if if featured less than 100 hp?
Not at all, from what I saw. A VERY nice, well put together, quality piece of machinery.Ulvetanna_imp said:The FZ09 is for those guys. More power should equal a better chassis and better ECU control, better brakes, and better suspension. So that adds $$ to the price of the bike.Guth_imp said:My theory is that one of the greatest styling exercises is to simply add more horsepower to the mix, lol. On the flip side of that, I wonder how many people would actually be drawn to this bike if if featured less than 100 hp?
Last time they fooled around with the naked series Yamaha took the previous generation of FZ1 and turned it into a 106 HP FZ8. Chassis is almost identical, except the removal of metal in some areas to provide a bit of flex and road feel.
I don't think the FZ10 is a bargain-basement piece like the FZ09. I need to go look at one.
I do trust Coldwells' opinion on these things, though.
My ONLY reservation is with the ride-by-wire fueling. I like having the cables along with the motor-driven secondaries as a fail-safe feature.
