Forum Issues

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
If you are having trouble finding or doing things on the new-look forum, could you please post your comments or questions in this thread? One of your friendly forum staff will attend to them as quickly as possible.
 
It looks like my signature line is formatting a bit weird.
 
Copy. Recommend you delete the current signature and then Save. After you save, add your desired signature with formatting and click on Save.

We want a proper signature for Randy B to let everyone know he is in the House! Did you have any problems logging in? David
 
Thread starter
It looks like my signature line is formatting a bit weird.
I hope I've fixed it for you. If not, you can edit it in your user profile found at the top right of the page. Follow the signature link.

If anyone else is having trouble with the format of their signature, it may be that you've used a different font. The importing process has added text to the font information which is incompatible with the BB Code used by the forum software.

For information, RandyB's signature text looked something like:

Code:
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]Signature[/font][/color]

Changing the text to read as follows, cured the problem. Note, I also removed the colour (black) as it meant RandyB's signature disappeared in night mode.

Code:
[font=Verdana]Signature[/font]

If, in the text posting editing box, you want to see the underlying BBCode that produces the formatting, you can toggle the view on and off using the square brackets [] icon next to the disc icon in the toolbar.
 
My avatar is cut off. Tried redoing it with same picture and still cut off.
The view moves left and is much smaller.
 
Thread starter
Which post is that, Pete in PA? A number of posts didn't seem to make it in the transition.

Not sure how to sort the avatar.
 
My intro. There are a few posts coming up like that.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260920_090251_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20260920_090251_Chrome.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 8
Thread starter
I've manage to recover the text of your first post and reinsert it.
 
Last edited:
Thread starter
You're welcome. Can't and won't do it for all of them, sadly.

And, yes, the loss is a bit frustrating.
 
I am finalizing a scope of work with Mostafa and will engage him to build our own data importer, which will read the imported data and fill any gaps. I will let everyone know when the project is commissioned. Right now, I am going for a motorcycle ride. Subsequent ride report to follow. David
 
I am finalizing a scope of work with Mostafa and will engage him to build our own data importer, which will read the imported data and fill any gaps. I will let everyone know when the project is commissioned. Right now, I am going for a motorcycle ride. Subsequent ride report to follow. David
Here in PA, rain, rain, and more rain all week.🤮 Power even blinked a few times with no lightning. 🤦 that means water soaked trees coming down.
 
We have engaged Mostafa to fix the missing threads and posts. To avoid taking the Forum offline again, please do not change any of your prior threads or posts. We will run what is called a "Diff," which compares the two databases. Then we will write a script to extract the missing data and fill any gaps. If the baseline changes, things will not work as they should. Feel free to read and review anything on the Forum and to make new threads and posts. Thank you, and please be patient. We can fix this. David
 
Last edited:
So far I'm thinking it is great! Still learning the new layout. I miss the bikes at the top.

Thanks to all for the great work and all your efforts.

I do notice that I am a Road warrior now instead of RLET police :) or whatever it said. I already can't remember...
 
  • Like
Reactions: JRD
So far I'm thinking it is great! Still learning the new layout. I miss the bikes at the top.

Thanks to all for the great work and all your efforts.

I do notice that I am a Road warrior now instead of RLET police :) or whatever it said. I already can't remember...
For me, you are always an inspiration and mentor. Even when you gave me grief about RLETs in your Star Wars persona, I was always happy to hear from you. Your posts about motorcycling and engines and the like are incredible. Please stay engaged. Others like me need you. David
 
Update:

We brought over more than 300,000 database entries. Mostafa ran the DIFF, and we found 9,000+ posts which had problems that were not cited in the import logs. We detected the pattern, and as of this update all but 87 have been updated. If anyone has ran across another problem in a Thread or Post, please post the URL here. Some would ask for forgiveness and ask you to accept the 99.99%. I am not that kind of nerd and more importantly I am a better friend than that. I want it right. Let me know what you discover over the next few days, and we will make it right. David
 
Last edited:
Great work!

Edit: apologies and nevermind maybe? The photo I just inserted into this post as an example isn't exhibiting the behavior I found in my earlier post, so maybe it's operator error.

One thing I noticed is that the name and size of pictures is cutting off the bottom of the picture...
Screenshot_20260917-121634.webp
... so you cannot see the entire picture unless you click on it. It would be a smoother experience to suppress the file info (which I'm not sure anyone wants or needs to see) and just see the entire picture in the thread without having to click.

Not sure if it's fixable, but thought I'd mention....
 
Last edited:
That is how XenForo works to reduce the amount of scrolling people have to do in a lengthy thread while still affording the opportunity to make a picture full size with one click. Most people are most interested in the last pictures. The compression that happens is considered a good thing in modern forum design particularly in the age of smart phones. Scroll distance was not a consideration 15 years ago when MyBB was at its peak.
 
Back
Top