Forum founder?

Ghis_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Who is the founder of this forum? I absolutely love this forum, and I am grateful it is there. I have been reading threads right and left ever since I bought my CB a month ago. Would it be The Ferret by any chance?
 
No sir, that would be Guth who built and pilots this ship. I am just first mate.

Glad you are liking this place, lots of knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, respectful posters here.
 
Ghis_imp said:
Who is the founder of this forum? I absolutely love this forum, and I am grateful it is there. I have been reading threads right and left ever since I bought my CB a month ago. Would it be The Ferret by any chance?
Ghis:

I feel completely the same as you have so adroitly expressed - this is a fantastic forum! I, too, have been reading threads left and right ever since I bought my CB DLX a month ago! Thanks Guth and Ferret for making and keeping this forum humming along so nicely!
:thanks:

BTW, am up to 275 miles already in just under a month of riding! Lovinig it!!
 
It is a common misperception that the ferret captains this vessel when, in fact, the ferret is to Guth as Fletcher Christian is to Captain Bligh, as Starbuck is to Captain Ahab, as Smee is to Captain Hook, or, though deviating from the theme, most accurately, Patrick is to Sponge Bob.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
It is a common misperception that the ferret captains this vessel when, in fact, the ferret is to Guth as Fletcher Christian is to Captain Bligh, as Starbuck is to Captain Ahab, as Smee is to Captain Hook, or, though deviating from the theme, most accurately, Patrick is to Sponge Bob.
Mutiny on the Bounty, Moby Dick, Peter Pan, Sponge Bob Square Pants... hmm, articulate literate, alliterative, literal parallels with divisive, elusive, deluded, illustrative thematic material! +1 MG! Sounds like you're on a roll; thanks for such great "roll play" among us!
 
Fritz did you need to bust out a thesaurus for that amalgamation of synonyms? :D
 
Randy B_imp said:
Fritz did you need to bust out a thesaurus for that amalgamation of synonyms? :D
Nope. My spouse and kids would assure you I'm nerdy and wordy enough to come out with such word strings without much help or encouragement! Guess I can't help myself at times....
 
I can do this.

How about Pancho? Guth is the Cisco Kid.

Oh Poncho, Oh Cisco!

See ya soon!
 
Ghis_imp said:
Who is the founder of this forum? I absolutely love this forum, and I am grateful it is there. I have been reading threads right and left ever since I bought my CB a month ago. Would it be The Ferret by any chance?
Guilty as charged. :cool:

Glad that you're finding this place both entertaining and useful.

This all came about as a way to extend and expand on the CB1100 discussion that started on another forum — advrider.com. Interestingly, on the other forum our moderator goes by "The other Ferret". I'm sorry, but that's just not right. Thankfully we were able to restore the ferret to "The ferret". (The one and only.)
Rboe_imp said:
I'm pretty sure Guth "started" the forum vs. just finding it somewhere........ :angel:
Actually, all it took was sending in a couple of box tops from "Honda Puffs" cereal (you know, the cereal shaped like little inline-4 engines) along with $2.00. In return, I was sent a secret decoder ring that revealed the directions to unlocking the seat on my CB1100 where I would find a pouch filled with information. Turns out that the pouch under my seat also contained a golden forum launch ticket. The rest is history.
 
You know, it is funny that the instructions for removing the seat are in a bag UNDER the seat. At least you got the golden forum launch ticket. All I got was a cheap sandwich bag :)
 
Thank you Guth and Ferret-for giving me a site to look at first in the morning before being inundated with news I cannot do anything about.

Reading this site has reempowered me motorcycle-wise. My Shadow which sat dormant for 8 years has been revived (by me) and runs like new. For that I thank you as well.

George
Phoenix
 
Back
Top