Fork swap

Gsnyder70_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have been perusing the boards and love all the bikes, particularly the bikes with the blacked out look. I own (but still haven't picked up, long story!) a 2013 red std and will start modifications soon. One of the changes I'd like to make is to change out the silver forks for black ones. Has anyone else considered such a change? Is swapping forks a big job? I've worked on plenty of cars but haven't ever taken a motorcycle apart. The last thing I want to do is screw up a new bike!
 
I'd suggest before doing anything, pick up a Honda Service Manual and give a read thru on things you think you might want to do to the bike and determine if you feel confident doing the work.
 
Thread starter
After checking prices, swapping forks is a no go at @$485 for each side. I'll look into powder coating or a parts trade once I get back home.
 
Back
Top