For better or worse

Cold and winter months I am slow :D, spring and summer is time for action.
Plus, I have to dismantle all the goodies from my white std and is still on a standby...
Rush in this case is not a good advisor.
 
... get it done before the recession fully hits.

The opportunity may never return in this region.

Doesn't matter if you have two or 200 other bikes in the garage.
 
You know, I am a dachshund owner, which are known to be very stubborn....

14c6cf4bd506e8e2e522973e4005fa62.jpg

:P
 
It has tubes, 18" tires, 2-cyl weigh 202 kg and a big belly engine :-/
But have to admit, it still is a very nice bike!! >>>
a3acbc30bb73c3e167cbf99ee1cd65ca.jpg
 
There is one exactly like it on the Phoenix Craigslist with 1330 miles for $6200 and one with the polished stainless? tank with 756 miles for $6900. They may have trouble selling them at those prices, since Cycle World says the MSRP is $6299, but dealers don't usually let anyone out the door for MSRP, so these may have been a bit higher.
Don't know why folks are selling them so soon after buying. Looks like a fun bike.
 
Problem is- nobody 2nd hand is going to pay dealer prep, freight, tax, etc- those thousands do hurt the original buyer as they are sunk cost.

Example- my new Aprilia Tuono 660 Factory stickers for 11k but nobody is getting out the door of a dealer for less than 13.5k or more on one.

Try to sell it a week later? Don't try to ask more than 10.5 at most- even with 100 mile on it- nobody will call. You will get emails offering 8k or less.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Hmm. Poking around the Bike Shed website, that INT650 is available for rent for $60 a day. I think a day's ride on it will be my Christmas present to myself!
That could be a very expensive $60... :biker:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone, you make me thinking about trading my white std for a nice INT650 next season....maybe???
Do these match Honda quality and reliability??
I'm no RE expert, but did a fair amount of reading on them. Seems that the RE brand has improved its product quality substantially the last 10 years. They are producing some very nice looking bikes at attractive prices.

Perhaps an indictor here in the States: there were 108 RE dealerships in Mar of 2020, and as of Nov 22 there are 142 according to the 'net.

One drawback might be the service schedule with valve checks called for at every 3000 miles. I was concerned about that until I saw this video, which makes it seem quite do-able.

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 - Valve Adjustment
EDIT: if you want to hear how the INT sounds, FF to minute 10:00


If anyone does the one day rental, would love to hear your thoughts.
PowerDubs_imp said:
My one year experiment with the W800 café worked well financially only because the dealership reduced msrp by over $3,500. But with the INT650 this is why I decided to buy nearly new...let someone else pay those "sunk costs".
 
pdedse_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Hmm. Poking around the Bike Shed website, that INT650 is available for rent for $60 a day. I think a day's ride on it will be my Christmas present to myself!
That could be a very expensive $60... :biker:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone, you make me thinking about trading my white std for a nice INT650 next season....maybe???
Do these match Honda quality and reliability??
I'm no RE expert, but did a fair amount of reading on them. Seems that the RE brand has improved its product quality substantially the last 10 years. They are producing some very nice looking bikes at attractive prices.

Perhaps an indictor here in the States: there were 108 RE dealerships in Mar of 2020, and as of Nov 22 there are 142 according to the 'net.

One drawback might be the service schedule with valve checks called for at every 3000 miles. I was concerned about that until I saw this video, which makes it seem quite do-able.

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 - Valve Adjustment
EDIT: if you want to hear how the INT sounds, FF to minute 10:00


If anyone does the one day rental, would love to hear your thoughts.
PowerDubs_imp said:
My one year experiment with the W800 café worked well financially only because the dealership reduced msrp by over $3,500. But with the INT650 this is why I decided to buy nearly new...let someone else pay those "sunk costs".

That could be a very expensive $60... :biker:
...
How do you reckon pdedse?
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Hmm. Poking around the Bike Shed website, that INT650 is available for rent for $60 a day. I think a day's ride on it will be my Christmas present to myself!
That could be a very expensive $60... :biker:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone, you make me thinking about trading my white std for a nice INT650 next season....maybe???
Do these match Honda quality and reliability??
I'm no RE expert, but did a fair amount of reading on them. Seems that the RE brand has improved its product quality substantially the last 10 years. They are producing some very nice looking bikes at attractive prices.

Perhaps an indictor here in the States: there were 108 RE dealerships in Mar of 2020, and as of Nov 22 there are 142 according to the 'net.

One drawback might be the service schedule with valve checks called for at every 3000 miles. I was concerned about that until I saw this video, which makes it seem quite do-able.

Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 - Valve Adjustment
EDIT: if you want to hear how the INT sounds, FF to minute 10:00


If anyone does the one day rental, would love to hear your thoughts.
PowerDubs_imp said:
My one year experiment with the W800 café worked well financially only because the dealership reduced msrp by over $3,500. But with the INT650 this is why I decided to buy nearly new...let someone else pay those "sunk costs".

That could be a very expensive $60... :biker:
...
How do you reckon pdedse?

That could be a very expensive $60... :biker:
...
How do you reckon pdedse?
You ride one and you'll want to buy one! :P
 
Back
Top