FOBO tire pressure monitoring system report..

Thread starter
there you go Peter.. blaming it on my pistachios.. come to think about it, maybe it is the smell of them causing the problem !! .. just the other day, a squirrel ran out from the side of the road and I nailed it.. maybe it smelled the pistachios !! .. my buddy was following me and said he had seen the whole thing happen.. no wounded squirrel squirming around.. just dead as a door nail..
peterbaron_imp said:
OK, looks like you are on the right path....what about the** last one ? :)
what specifically is your question ..
 
:thumbsup:
...just one more, for comparison, I don't remember any battery problem with car's OEM-TPMS:

"The lithium ion batteries inside TPMS sensors may last anywhere from five to 10 years. Five to six years is a more typical lifespan for older TPMS sensors. ... On most applications, the battery is molded into the TPMS sensor assembly so it cannot be replaced separately"

As an experiment, you may install a new battery in rear (good sensor) and transfer its battery to the front...wait and see what happens, fails soon or lasts some time= free diags

You already answered my question, no worry....:biker:
 
Thread starter
there is a very slight chance that the 2032 energizers that I have used recently in the C.B. may have come from the 3 sensors I have that are extra.. I took them off of the trike that I sold.. it is hell to get old.. I ran energizers on the trike also.. I had dumped all of the 2032's that came with the new fobo unit, figuring they might be cheap ones.. so, saying that, I will try one more time.. I will by another fresh package of energizers and install one of them in the existing sensor I am now using ..:s
keep in mind, I can change out a battery, as fast as you can get down on your knees and check you tire pressures the old fashioned way.. I check my pressures before every ride.. like a good biker should :rolleyes:
I really don't want to touch that rear sensor.. I am still testing the battery's life in that one.. it was installed 12-12-19 ..
 
Thread starter
2 new energizers will cost about the same as a handful of pistachios.. haha ..
there you go Peter, testing my memory.. I can only refer back to the first posting here, where I stated 7 months.. but now I have a different set up.. I still use the original sensors, but have downloaded the fobo2 app.. batteries are supposed to last 1 year normally.. so right now I am keeping an eye on that rear sensor to get the battery's life.. when you buy a new fobo2, it comes with different sensors and batteries .. so I have a mix ..
 
sh*t, rainy weather not clearing fast enough for my scheduled ride :-/, will wait another hr and go regardless..
..bet you, the Ferret is clocking his miles :clap:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
sh*t, rainy weather not clearing fast enough for my scheduled ride :-/, will wait another hr and go regardless..
..bet you, the Ferret is clocking his miles :clap:
19.4 miles a day PB. According to our Gov's Stay Home order we are allowed to go to a park, so everyday I ride up to the nearest park, ride down to the marina, and ride back home which is 19.4 miles round trip. Thought about making multiple trips up and back, or going to the next closest park which is 30 miles away so I could ride more, but I don't want to take advantage of the order/situation. While this is going on, the little trips to the park are enough to satisfy my need to ride..
 
Thread starter
well guys, my plan was to install a spank-brand-new cr-2032 energizer in the front sensor today.. before I started, I checked my pressures using the fobo.. I'll be darned if I didn't have a full battery icon !!.. so, lets call the low reading the other day an "anomaly".. time is the great teller of truth..
5b33f460e87cc675ed3f94868ae3400d.jpg
 
Your front wheel sensor seems to lead a different life than the rear wheel one, i guess you've got some experience with your other ones, let say the battery voltage reading part is flakey but the sensor itself is working ok would it be an idea to leave the sensor alone until the battery stops answering the bluetooth message altogether and dies?
You can still check the pressure by hand so no worries there, all it takes is a half soldered resistor to mess up the readings.......
 
“...Half soldered resistor...” Max, you no doubt have heard the old saw that the bigger the blob the better the job! :D

For all you non techs, that isn’t true ya know. :)
 
Thread starter
thanks for your thoughts max.. mr. FOBO warns you to change out the sensors battery when you get the low warning, or else it becomes more difficult to bring it back to life.. if that low battery warning rears it's ugly head again, I will just replace the sensor with one of my extras that came off of my trike that I have sold
.
7f5c944d7e57af19bc4dc1758544fd22.png
 
Chuckk, I don’t know how the battery fits, but you may try cleaning the battery contacts and the battery too before installing it. Could just be some oxidation on the contacts. A pencil eraser usually will do the trick. Doesn’t take much pressure.
 
Thread starter
the troubled sensor was still working perfectly today.. so I didn't dig into it to check the contacts .. but I surely will if it gives me any more trouble.. also I will read the voltage.. I haven't done that.. maybe the last battery that I have replaced was still good :s I opened up one of the trikes fobos just to see if any had shown signs of corrosion.. (they are sealed pretty well)..take a peek ..
.
5c1cc97cec0067419bff0133fead8f67.jpg

.
da5279b1cad3e4f0cacbc98112192cf6.jpg

.
79e1578cdced37eed85113f49fe80ca7.jpg
 
Looks good to me Chuckk. But you can get oxidation you can’t see. Heck, you could most likely give those contacts a little love with a paper credit card even. Just removing and replacing the battery would probably do it.

Monday my WIFI Hotspot gave me a no SIM found message upon bootup. A light cleaning of the contacts and all has been well. Either that fixed it or was just a glitch.
 
Thread starter
. those darn glitches.. good point popgun.. I will have to look around for something abrasive with the same thickness as the battery.. then pull the battery and insert the cleaning device.. what do you think about stacking up 3 sandpaper fingernail files and inserting them, giving them a few light strokes, blowing it out and re-installing the battery? .. the 3 of them should be pretty close to the thickness of the battery, giving the needed pressure to clean all contacts at the same time ..
 
Sounds like it would work. Just use the finest grit you can and don’t sand the heck out of it. Won’t take much.
 
Back
Top