First day out

tod.branko_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Today was the first proper ride for my newly painted and fixed CB1100. I planned a route that partially went through a few unpaved mountain roads in order to give the bike a proper shakedown. I thought it made sense to see if everything is tightened, no rattles or parts falling off. And I am very fortunate to say it held up as expected. Just under 300km, weather was hot and cloudy, but not unpleasant
982f0128ed7c6b050788cc50ec6845cd.jpg
d6acd8c05ee9371133d951604a1821ac.jpg
cede4656d3a9185076f60d7a1496fa76.jpg
220077883a508ed129d48041d490d42a.jpg
1ee2d1cf789ea8a2014c13fd1a0dafda.jpg
6a60718b0980aca14c86f2fb2b3ead2b.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
I have to agree with Tev and PB!

Tod, I’ve been to Bahrain a number of times and it was so hot I couldn’t stand it. Even at sea I wouldn’t go outside the air conditioned boundaries unless I had to. How can you stand riding in the UAE?
 
Thread starter
Thanks, it was a happy morning.

LP, to answer you - like many things life, you make a decision, decide to tough it out, for as long as necessary and then you get used to it. I don't think there is anything else to. But also I have to admit that sometimes it's unbearable, and some of us are fortunate enough to retreat to the comfort of our cars and trucks.
And I hate the cold from the bottom of my heart. That's one of the reasons I moved to the middle east half a lifetime ago. When I see people riding in temperatures under 10°C it seriously makes me twitch.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
That is a nice group photo of riders Tom. Thanks for the share.

Your CB1100 stands out as the smoothest lookin' of the bunch - I think anyway.

10C riding temperature ... that is approaching riding sweetness.
 
Good to see you out and about again, Tod.
 
tod, really nice looking pictures. i like the unpaved part of the ride. your bike looks good and good looking crew.
 
Thread starter
The color I asked for is the Dodge blue, don't know what's it called, paint guys pulled the code and mixed it. Blue has always been my color
8c87333194f6f9cd9c1f846ecb616dc8.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
That looks like Mopar B5 Blue. My first car was an early '70s Dart in that color.
 
Thread starter
Stichill_imp said:
Your bike looks very sharp!

What kind of bike is the red and white one?
If you are asking about the one in the pictures, it's a Kawasaki Z1000. I've always had a soft spot for those, compact, quick, smooth, very upright seating, but then they did something to the front in later generations that spoiled it for me.

If it's about the colors in general, I agree - red and white are the slowest
49ddaf76fabf91dbb3851b3574d8e70a.png
756cc214e8b669ef70baa9a22decf58c.png


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Your bike looks very sharp!

What kind of bike is the red and white one?
If you are asking about the one in the pictures, it's a Kawasaki Z1000. I've always had a soft spot for those, compact, quick, smooth, very upright seating, but then they did something to the front in later generations that spoiled it for me.

If it's about the colors in general, I agree - red and white are the slowest
49ddaf76fabf91dbb3851b3574d8e70a.png
756cc214e8b669ef70baa9a22decf58c.png


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
:dodgy::dodgy:
 
I think Tod has been out in the UAE heat too long PB. ;)
 
Back
Top