Ferrets new ride

The Spaceman_imp said:
Very Nice!

I'm thinking it would look even better with just a few mods...blacked out cylinders and cases, black-trimmed wheels, and a 4 into 1 exhaust. And some side-covers trimmed to fit inside the frame rails rather than over them. Hell, maybe you could even get the tank cut down to make it a tad sleeker.

Seriously, ride and enjoy!
I kinda agree with you, but hey, you've described by '13 model! :P I do wish for a six-speed tranny & larger gas tank tho.

Oh yeah, congrats Ferret - may your skies clear and your grin widen!

~ The Bee
 
The ferret_imp said:
I got to hear it fired up for the first time. Sounded like a 2013 to me, or at least not much different.

Also sat on it. Seat did feel thicker and softer and it also appeared to sit differently than my 2013. I felt like I was more on top of the bike with the bars feeling lower.

But then again I am going from memory on both of those since it was Jan 10 or something when I last rode the 13.
Mickie... I know you haven't ridden it yet so maybe the question
is premature. But from a visual perspective, is it everything you expected
it to be? Also, did your dealer sell your '13 already?
 
Thread starter
Thanks all, it is truly a beautiful motorcycle. I am so happy after seeing it. I really liked my 13, really did, but think this one will please me more. It's definitely not as sporty as the 13. The exhaust alone with the 4 chrome head pipes and twin chrome exhaust about made me cream my pants. Just stunning. The red paint is different, like others have said. I think the 13s paint is prettier, but this is still way beautiful. I need to get it out in the sun before final analysis of the paint though. It was kind of dark in their work shop.

Like the seat better. Probably like the 13s turn signals and switches better.

Updated my insurance, premium increase of $34.50 a year over the 13. Thought it might be cheaper than the 13 with the ABS and all.

Oh and another thing I noticed in person, the wheels are polished on the outer edges just like the black and polished 13s. It's only the center of the wheel and spokes that are the light gray. (bet the chain makes a mess of those)

I tried ordering the chrome instrument covers but they couldn't find a part number for them. If anyone comes up with it let me know.

My Kaw W 650 fork gaiters should be in this week as well, but doubt I will get them on right away. We shall see.

You can see in the pics they already put my 719 gel grips on and I have the rest of my farkles upstairs waiting until I can get it home and do some work to it.

With regards to the dealer selling my 13, I was too excited looking at the 14 and forgot to ask lol

We need a Snoopy dancing emoticon
 
Looking good, once you get some rides in it will be interesting to here your comments 13 = 14.
So we have # 46 and 155
 
Thread starter
and # 43. There are 3 of us now, and Ride4Now is supposed to pick his up Saturday as well .Not sure what his vin# is yet.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Very Nice!

I'm thinking it would look even better with just a few mods...blacked out cylinders and cases, black-trimmed wheels, and a 4 into 1 exhaust. And some side-covers trimmed to fit inside the frame rails rather than over them. Hell, maybe you could even get the tank cut down to make it a tad sleeker.

Seriously, ride and enjoy!
Lol, you silly goose!:rolleyes:
Mike Bee_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Very Nice!

I'm thinking it would look even better with just a few mods...blacked out cylinders and cases, black-trimmed wheels, and a 4 into 1 exhaust. And some side-covers trimmed to fit inside the frame rails rather than over them. Hell, maybe you could even get the tank cut down to make it a tad sleeker.

Seriously, ride and enjoy!
I kinda agree with you, but hey, you've described by '13 model! :P I do wish for a six-speed tranny & larger gas tank tho.

Oh yeah, congrats Ferret - may your skies clear and your grin widen!

~ The Bee
I kinda agree with you, but hey, you've described by '13 model! :P I do wish for a six-speed tranny & larger gas tank tho.

Oh yeah, congrats Ferret - may your skies clear and your grin widen!

~ The Bee
Ha, nothing gets past you Sherlock! ;)
I've got to say Mickey. That's one stunning bike you've bought!

I am going slightly green (like the clocks) with envy over the new rather sexy instrument display thingie! :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Spaceman see things just a bit differently :cool:

New instruments are uber cool EXCEPT the turn signal indicators are small and low (down by the instrument reset buttons). Going to be hard to see in the daylight I'm afraid.
 
You're one lucky guy, Ferret. It looks just lovely. I wish you both many very happy miles together. :beerchug: (because there's no tea icon!)
 
At this rate it'll be out of warranty by the time you pick it up! ;)

Just a thought, couldn't the garage deliver it in a van or something as a goodwill gesture? :shy:
 
Congratulations young man!:D Those sure are some sweet looking rides. I just rolled in and got caught in some of that rain you showed on your radar and it was not fun. :@ Cant wait to hear your ride report.
 
Thread starter
Popgun..thanks but those are the stock parts and not the chrome ones
 
Well, I tried. Sorry it wasn't them.

Maybe Takashi knows. I have to email him tonight, I'll ask.
 
Back
Top