Favorite Movie Lists (aka Cabin Fever Shenanigans)

I loved when they accidentally blew up the biker clubhouse!
 
Smokey and the Bandit had a motorcycle scene in it but I'm not sure if Jerry Reed rolling over a row of Harleys with his 18 wheeler counts.
 
Motorcycle movies I've seen and enjoyed
- Faster
- Easy Rider
- The Motorcycle Diaries
- Ghost Rider
- The World's Fastest Indian

Haven't seen, but would like to
- 12 O'Clock Boys
- Hell Ride
- TT Closer To The Edge
- Akira
 
Great movies with motorcycles ...[ul] [li]World's Fastest Indian - what a story and brilliant acting, hands down winner for me!!
[/li][/ul]
Stretching a l little to include documentaries ...[ul] [li]The Long Way Round - A couple of actors (Charlie Boorman and Ewan McGregor) riding BMWs from the UK to NY across Europe. So interesting I had to watch all the episodes back to back - allow plenty of time.
[/li][/ul] [ul] [li]TT Closer to Edge, and Faster - behind the scenes look at the racing world, OMG those guys must have b*lls the size of water melons.
[/li][/ul]
 
Silverado
On any Sunday
Princess Bride
Blazing Saddles (has motorcycles also)
What ever Hairy Potter movie had the flying Triumph Sidecar rig in it. Misspelling intentional - I didn’t like the movie, only the scene.
Sidecar dogs.
 
Jeremiah Johnson
Top Gun (motorcycle) please note for thread sustenance purposes...
Star Wars
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
The Accountant
oh, and Jaws. sorry, that's six :blush:
Sure, they aren't classics, maybe, but saw them all in a theater when they came out and they made an impression.

Ben
 
Thread starter
Great list, Ben. Note that I asked for "favorite" not "best" or "classic". I have not seen 'The Accountant" (although, I'm married to one), but I love all the other ones except for your 'thread sustenance' entry, but even that one I like a lot when I saw it in the theater.
 
Empty Sea, you need to see The Accountant, and you will want to watch it twice so you can pick up on the oooh, yeaaah! moments.
If you are married, you are married to an accountant. Plus, my son is one as well.

Ben
 
I grew up without a tv, we don't have one now so I'll have to scratch around the backyard of my mind.

1. The Great Escape
2. PeeWee Herman's Big Adventure
3. Mask
4. The Wild One
5. Little Fauss and Big Halsey

And the scene in Woodstock where someone was wheeling around on a BSA 441 Victor!
 
Olyrider_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Light on for bike movies, fellas!

Hint: credit towards the thread’s survival may be given for movies with a motorcycle scene, but please refer to it.
I was only 9 yrs old at the time, but I'm pretty sure I remember the Roman centurions in "Spartacus" riding Guzzis with the same motor they use now. Not the soldiers...just the officers.
I was only 9 yrs old at the time, but I'm pretty sure I remember the Roman centurions in "Spartacus" riding Guzzis with the same motor they use now. Not the soldiers...just the officers.
Brilliant, olyrider. Of course only officers rode Guzzis. What (reliable) bike were the troops given?
 
Has anyone seen, HARLEY AND THE DAVIDSONS?

Came out in 2016 I guess but I'm surprised I'd never heard about it.

 
I'm not going to list my top 5 movies, but to help maintain the "motorcycle balance"...

First off, I know that many of you guys are older than me so I can't be the only one here that's watched and remembers "Coogan's Bluff". Clint Eastwood plays a deputy from Arizona that heads to NYC to track down a fugitive. The movie culminates with a motorcycle chase scene on a couple of beautiful vintage Triumphs (which were then new — it was filmed in 1967). By the way, I've checked — you can pull up just the motorcycle chase scene on YouTube if you go searching for it.

I've seen "On Any Sunday" too many times to recall and own my own copy.

I own the soundtrack album to "Little Fauss and Big Halsy", and have seen it a few times as well.

I can still remember the day my Dad took us to the theater to watch "Evel Knievel" with George Hamilton as Evel. I remember enjoying it, but not nearly as much as when my Dad hauled my brother and me over to another small town in Illinois to watch a guy actually perform a jump over a bunch of cars back in the early 70s. It was a big deal, they closed off the town's main street for the better part of a day just for the jump. The guy had nothing on Evel when it came to showmanship, but he made the jump and landed perfectly on the far ramp. Needless to say, I was impressed. In fact, I still am. Some day I'd like to see the "Retro X-Games" to see how far someone like Travis Pastrana or the like would be willing to take things on say an old Harley XR-750 for example .

Even though she supports my riding (and sometimes goes so far as to encourage it), my wife does not really care much for motorcycles. But once we started watching "Long Way Round", she could not stop. I had to plead with her to pause the DVD and save some for later. We both found it to be incredibly entertaining. If you've watched Long Way Round and enjoyed it then you should also watch "Long Way Down" (also with Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman) if you haven't already. It was also quite entertaining.
 
Thread starter
offroadfx4_imp said:
Has anyone seen, HARLEY AND THE DAVIDSONS?

Came out in 2016 I guess but I'm surprised I'd never heard about it.

We watched it. Or most of it. Entertaining, but I can’t recall if we finished the series.
@Guth. I’ll give Long Way Around another shot, but I found it a bit tedious at the beginning. However, I recently watched a similar documentary about a trip across China and Russia on which a friend of mine was a rider and it renewed my interest in this type of film.
@Townie. “Road” is great.
 
I like movies too much to have a top 5. Maybe top 5 of every genre... But I’ll give you 5 that I would watch every time I stumble upon them in the tv, or pop my copy in the bluray.

1. Sports movie: The Sandlot
2. Comedy: The Princess Bride
3. Drama: Legends of the Fall
4. Action: Man on Fire
5. Thread Requirement: Pulp Fiction
(It’s a chopper, baby.
Who’s chopper?
Zed’s
Zed’s dead, baby)

MTC, your homework for tonight: watch The Accountant. You’re welcome.

I REALLY like war movies, especially about submarines.
 
World's Fastest lndian
Casablanca
The Shawshank Redemption
Blues Brothers
Mediterraneo

________________________

Reporting from Boca de Camarioca, Cuba

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top