Favorite Movie Lists (aka Cabin Fever Shenanigans)

Thread starter
And this is why I didn’t use “best” in my request for lists.

As to my favorite (or favourite) Westerns (among others and in no particular order):
High Noon
Magnificent Seven
Once Upon A Time In The West
The Shootist
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Rio Bravo
 
Lawrence of Arabia.
(I think of Peter O'Toole riding that bike with the wind in his face every time I'm on my bike, I try not to think about the impending fatal wreck.)

Young Frankenstein.
Father Goose
Casablanca
The Thin Man

Have a good year everyone.
Crutch
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Wild Hogs is hilarious, I must have seen at least 6 times by now. William H. Macy cracks me up.

Now that you mention westerns I can't believe I forgot "The Outlaw Josey Wales", the best western ever made.

"Dying' ain't much of a living' boy".
W/R, I’d have said that honour belongs to “Unforgiven”, but it’s a while since I saw “The Outlaw Josey Wales’. Maybe I should watch it again.
W/R, I’d have said that honour belongs to “Unforgiven”, but it’s a while since I saw “The Outlaw Josey Wales’. Maybe I should watch it again.
I will grant you that Unforgiven is an excellent movie but I rate it as #3 western all time, closely behind The Man with no Name trilogy (I think of it as one long continuous movie).

My reason is that I feel Josey Wales and The Man with no Name movies are "original" westerns and feel more organically made whereas I view Unforgiven (filmed many years later) is more of homage to the earlier films - much like our CB is - and a couple of places it just seems like they are trying too hard.
 
friday I watched the original Magnifient Seven, yesterday the Outlaw Josey Wales, tonight The Bucket List ( great movie first time I've seen it) * didn't know you could ride a motorcycle across the Great Wall in China

Winter is close to coming to an end, but its never too late to watch a good movie
 
Thread starter
I'm watching "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" right now. Another one that should be on everyone's "must see" list
 
Been a while but you guys made me think of : Glen Ford in The Fastest Gun Alive....was one of my favorites as a kid. Probably can't even find it now
 
I'm here late, but this is a fun thread

The Big Lebowski
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Greatest musical score ever)
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (this kind of counts as a motorcycle movie, because i feel like it turned my entire generation on to motorcycles)
Tron (this is definitely a motorcycle movie)
The Blues Brothers
 
Thread starter
hate to disagree with you, misterprofessionality, but the score for "The Magnificent Seven" is pretty outstanding, too. Let's call it a "draw" (pun intended)
 
Goose's "Kwaka" in the original Mad Max film. Or Hilts' Bonnie (which was supposed to look like a BMW, I guess) in the "The Great Escape."

Now for the other non-motorcycle movies:

"The Apostle" with Robert Duvall. Exceptional movies don't always have happy endings.
"Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." Children can be powerful. (I'm an elementary school teacher.)
"Serenity." I liked the "Firefly" TV series better, but you asked for movies :)
"Lean on Me." Morgan Freeman's best performance, in my opinion.
"Rogue One: A Star Wars Story." Yeah, I know it's "The Dirty Dozen." But it's just as good. Plus, it has spaceships :cool:
 
EmptySea_imp said:
hate to disagree with you, misterprofessionality, but the score for "The Magnificent Seven" is pretty outstanding, too. Let's call it a "draw" (pun intended)
i qualify it as greatest score ever based solely on the greatness of "Il Trielo" (the ending sequence track). If i die, i want to die in a three-way shootout with that music playing.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
hate to disagree with you, misterprofessionality, but the score for "The Magnificent Seven" is pretty outstanding, too. Let's call it a "draw" (pun intended)
i qualify it as greatest score ever based solely on the greatness of "Il Trielo" (the ending sequence track). If i die, i want to die in a three-way shootout with that music playing.
Ennio Morricone is an amazing composer. His film scores rank right up there with John William's compositions. "Gabriel's Oboe" from "The Mission" is one of the most hauntingly beautiful pieces I've heard.
 
I missed this thread while I was away.
All the movies listed (in the first three pages, anyhow... I got antsy to get to the end) are great. Here is my list of five, but these are not so much all-time great movies as movies that I often find myself recommending to others and gassing on about in defense of. Movies I watch over and over, in no particular order...
1) Harold and Maude. Motorcycle theft!
2) Zorro, The Gay Blade. No motorcycle, but so many memorable lines. George Hamilton saves himself from the dustbin of movie history.
3) PeeWee's Big Adventure. Motorcycles, biker bar, Tequila!
4) The Princess Bride. Wrong era for bikes, but I'm sure if there had been motorcycles in the middle ages, there would have been some in this flick. Best one-liners. But what was with the sound quality??
5) Lest you think I am a completely immature nerd/geek (and I am), I will list The Seven Samurai. While it contains no motorcycles, it may contain the soul of what makes Honda the greatest name in motorcycling. Or not. Still, it is awesome and inspiring. In fact, it inspired at least seventeen remakes.
Watch Turner Classic Movies on TCM.com
 
Back
Top