Favorite Movie Lists (aka Cabin Fever Shenanigans)

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
I just got a message from TheFerret that he has no internet connection for the time being. He is filling in his time watching movies and planning the KY trip.

That gave me an idea.

What are your top 5 favorite movies of all time? Hmmm... that might not be motorcycle-related, better come up with something better.....

What are your top 5 favorite movies of all time in no particular order, but only post your list if at least one of the 5 is a motorcycle-related movie. Do not list more than 5 movies unless they are part of a series.

My thread...so I go first.

The Godfather/The Godfather Part II
Casablanca
World's Fastest Indian
Bridge on the River Kwai
The Magnificent Seven

Pretty hard to confine my list to 5.

Next!! Post quickly, because the whole thread could be removed at any moment.
 
My list

"The Best Years of Our Lives"
"The Night of the Iguana"
"Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"
"Babbette's Feast" (subtitled)
"Young Frankenstein"

There are too many others to list.
 
“Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” of course! They’re waiting for a new CB1100!

Thanks for letting us know about the Ferret, I was beginning to wonder ...
 
How about five that "left an impression" on me, and showed what wonderful stories cinema, and only cinema, could tell:

Spartacus (I was almost 9 yrs old,but I had a crush forever on Jean Peters)

Sound of Music (I was 13 yrs old, loved to sing all the time, and thought Julie Andrews was Beeeeuutiful!)

Godfather i & II (no explanation necessary)

Princess Bride (More memorable/funny lines than any other movie ever...to me)

Saving Private Ryan (War is hell, and we need to see/know/understand that. And WWII was a BFD in my family)

Lots more, but you said five.
 
Olyrider_imp said:
How about five that "left an impression" on me, and showed what wonderful stories cinema, and only cinema, could tell:

Spartacus (I was almost 9 yrs old,but I had a crush forever on Jean Peters)

Sound of Music (I was 13 yrs old, loved to sing all the time, and thought Julie Andrews was Beeeeuutiful!)

Godfather i & II (no explanation necessary)

Princess Bride (More memorable/funny lines than any other movie ever...to me)

Saving Private Ryan (War is hell, and we need to see/know/understand that. And WWII was a BFD in my family)

Lots more, but you said five.
All on my list also, great films.
 
Don't watch TV anymore for a long time, even haven't been to the cinemax for years. I'm more interested in real life stories and movies, life creates by itself. May they be simple or highly complicated ones but not constructed and staged by more or less clever persons for entertainement as movies mostly are.

Of course I've seen a whole lot of movies in my life.

It's hard to pick out 5 specific ones, which can be my favourite ones out of memory.

I only choose one, that has an impact on me.
It's called 'Von Menschen und Göttern'. It's the German title, don't know the Englisch one. The movie is based on a real story, that happend to christian monks in Algeria when the system has changed. Very deep, calm, also sad but inspiring.
This movie has moved me and stays in my mind.

Yes and maybe another one, the classic Walt Disney 'Jungle Book'. Well painted, good animal characters supported by good music and the whole movie has a positive attitude and message. You'll find friends.

Wisedrum
 
Thread starter
OK... I'm loving the lists...but if you don't toss in at least one motorcycle movie, we run the risk of having this thread taken down. On the other hand, it might not be long for this world even if you do toss one in. Have at it!
 
Light on for bike movies, fellas!

Hint: credit towards the thread’s survival may be given for movies with a motorcycle scene, but please refer to it.
 
Thread starter
Wisdrum... I think the English title of the movie is "Of Gods and Men" Looks interesting.

What are your top 5 favorite movies of all time in no particular order, but only post your list if at least one of the 5 is a motorcycle-related movie. Do not list more than 5 movies unless they are part of a series.
 
Okay, "On Any Sunday" will always be on my list. Me and some motorcycling buddies went to see it when it premiered in Jacksonville.
 
Thread starter
What if a guy were to arrange for either "On Any Sunday" or "Why We Ride" to be played while we had dinner one of the nights in Berea?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Light on for bike movies, fellas!

Hint: credit towards the thread’s survival may be given for movies with a motorcycle scene, but please refer to it.
I was only 9 yrs old at the time, but I'm pretty sure I remember the Roman centurions in "Spartacus" riding Guzzis with the same motor they use now. Not the soldiers...just the officers.
 
Great Escape—Motorcycle jump over the fence that McQueen didn’t do.

Star Trek reboot where a young Kirk rides up to the shuttle on some kind of electric bike, or whatever the power was.

Easy Rider—bikes the whole movie

Any old Disney flicks with that goofy biker gang

The Wild One—Brando rides a motorcycle

Thread should now be safe :)
 
Olyrider_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Light on for bike movies, fellas!

Hint: credit towards the thread’s survival may be given for movies with a motorcycle scene, but please refer to it.
I was only 9 yrs old at the time, but I'm pretty sure I remember the Roman centurions in "Spartacus" riding Guzzis with the same motor they use now. Not the soldiers...just the officers.
I was only 9 yrs old at the time, but I'm pretty sure I remember the Roman centurions in "Spartacus" riding Guzzis with the same motor they use now. Not the soldiers...just the officers. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
 
Thread starter
"Not the soldiers...just the officers." <-- that kind of embellishment to a story is a sign of pure comic genius!
Where's Cormanus's list?
 
Downloading the fastest Indian now , have never seen it so thanks .

Easy Rider =fan of all things jack nicholson
Goin South = jack nicholson
shot through the heart = Sarajevo during the Bosnian War
watch Key Largo every hurricane Party we have = tradition
Bridge on the River Kwai
blazing saddles
 
I've always had a top ten movie list, I'll try to whittle it down to five.

First three are no brainers for me:

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Pulp Fiction
3. True Romance
4. Smokey and the Bandit
5. Harley Davidson and the Marlborough Man

Honourable mention goes to:

6. Blazing Saddles
7. Red Dawn
8. The Cannonball Run (has a wheelying motorcycle AND Capt Chaos)
9. The Boondocks Saints
10. Platoon

Sorry, couldn't keep it to five but each group has a motorcycle movie so that counts for something right?
 
Back
Top