Fantastic Spray Cleaner

glenridgerich_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Fantastic is my favorite household cleaner (yeah, I must admit having a "favorite" household cleaner is a bit weird). That said, I tried it on my CB and it left a cloudy film. Any recommendations out there for those quick shines?
 
Mother's Instant Detailer -- or probably any of the instant detailers out there from the reputable manufacturers. I've hear great things about Motul wash/wax protector too, but never used it.

I've used Mothers for years and never used a hose on my bike. Lots of people comment on how ridiculously clean my bike looks, so I guess it works well.
 
There was a thread on here a while back that discussed the miraculous polishing powers of Pledge. I've since tried it and swear by it. I spray part of my microfiber towel and apply then wipe/polish with the other part of the towel. It works surprisingly well. And smells great too!
 
kmoney_imp said:
Mother's Instant Detailer -- or probably any of the instant detailers out there from the reputable manufacturers. I've hear great things about Motul wash/wax protector too, but never used it.

I've used Mothers for years and never used a hose on my bike. Lots of people comment on how ridiculously clean my bike looks, so I guess it works well.
NOBODY ever says that about my bike :(
 
The ferret_imp said:
kmoney_imp said:
Mother's Instant Detailer -- or probably any of the instant detailers out there from the reputable manufacturers. I've hear great things about Motul wash/wax protector too, but never used it.

I've used Mothers for years and never used a hose on my bike. Lots of people comment on how ridiculously clean my bike looks, so I guess it works well.
NOBODY ever says that about my bike :(
NOBODY ever says that about my bike :(
You gotta stop long enough to clean it every now & then :D

Cleaner
I like Honda Spray Cleaner/Polish. Works pretty good! Cost about $6/can
 
Razor_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
kmoney_imp said:
Mother's Instant Detailer -- or probably any of the instant detailers out there from the reputable manufacturers. I've hear great things about Motul wash/wax protector too, but never used it.

I've used Mothers for years and never used a hose on my bike. Lots of people comment on how ridiculously clean my bike looks, so I guess it works well.
NOBODY ever says that about my bike :(
NOBODY ever says that about my bike :(
You gotta stop long enough to clean it every now & then :D

Cleaner
I like Honda Spray Cleaner/Polish. Works pretty good! Cost about $6/can
^ This
 
Honda spray is good, so are the detailing sprays from Mothers and several others.
Used to use Pledge on my shields, never tried it on the bike but will now. I like a mostly clean bike and car. Cleaning it gives me ample opportunity to inspect and maintain while in the garage.
 
glenridgerich_imp said:
Fantastic is my favorite household cleaner (yeah, I must admit having a "favorite" household cleaner is a bit weird). That said, I tried it on my CB and it left a cloudy film. Any recommendations out there for those quick shines?
I don't recommend using any cleaner other than automotive recommended cleaners on your bike or any bike for that matter. Your really taking chances using cleaners not intended for your paint and chrome finishes.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
I use Honda Polish on my bikes, but I also use a UV protectant called "Aerospace 303."
It makes things look brand new. I use it on my bike seats, helmets, car dashboard, etc.
 
LARIDER_imp said:
I use Honda Polish on my bikes, but I also use a UV protectant called "Aerospace 303."
It makes things look brand new. I use it on my bike seats, helmets, car dashboard, etc.
That 303 stuff is amazing. I use it on tire sidewalls (not on the bike of course) to prevent UV cracking as well.
 
+1 on the Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish.
I also use Meguirar's QUIK Detailer or Eagle One Wipe and Shine Detailer (same stuff) between polishes just to kick the dust off.
 
Don't forget about the Original California Car Duster. I have found over the years that if I use it for 20 seconds before a ride, it greatly extends the time between traditional water and soap washes.

When I use a spray detailer, I use Mequiar's Ultimate Quick detailer, I use their "supreme shine" microfiber towels to apply the product and another to dry and polish.
 
I use Flitz wax and their detailer when in a hurry, but also use Motul shine & go on the front of the bike to keep the bugs from sticking.
 
lol you guys....

I use rain to get the bulk of the bugs and stuff off, then more rain to get what the first rain missed
 
Here's what you need to properly clean your bike:

1. A garden hose with a gentle sprinkler head attached.
2. Several micro-fiber cloths
3. A 5 gallon bucket
4. Between 2 and 4 ounces of alcohol

Park your bike in a shady spot.
Position the sprinkler to cascade water over your bike
Mix the alcohol with ice
Overturn the 5 gallon bucket to use as a footstool for your lawn chair
Consume the alcohol/ice mixture
Turn off sprinkler
Use towel to a) wipe sweat from forehead (if seated in the sun) or b) (strictly optional) dry bike.
Make sure this process takes at least an hour, although the sprinkler only needs to be on for a few minutes, so that spouse/significant other is impressed with your work ethic and attention to detail.
 
I was curious about this 303 Aerospace Protectant so I picked up a bottle at ACE Hardware.
Kind of pricey at $16.99, but, a little goes a long way I found out.
Used it on the vinyl tonneau cover on my truck.
Went on quickly and looks great. I'm sold!
 
I know many of you aren't that meticulous about a sparkling bike, but I'm of the mindset that a clean bike not only looks great, but also keeps mechanical parts working longer.

I'm also a fan of Adam's polishes and detailing products. A left over from my Corvette days. My son turned me on to the 303 Aerospace Protectant which works great on vinyl convertible tops and all things rubber or plastic!
 
Back
Top