Fairing

JMA_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Team -- I've been on the search for a fairing. I'm leaning towards a classic looking cafe fairing to keep with the style of the motorcycle. Anybody with recommendations and/or photos of fairings on the bike?

Appreciate the input!
 
JMA! Have a good look through this Accessories and Modifications section of the forum. Search it for screens and fairings and you'll find lots of options, opinions, discussion and pictures.
 
^ Definitely what he said. Also check out the "CB1100 Photos" forum for various pics, too.
Road Comets are a huge favorite here, and probably fit the style you're looking for, but there are quite a few others to choose from out there, too.
 
7ce492aa13b861aee9993e3241ee7502.jpg


e3d1f6b07187959d10a5857f7e3f2046.jpg


ecd73a9cd38aabc075f926df4f483ddf.jpg


d83c26425ce840badd293e8983a60252.jpg
 
Randy's has the touring screen. You can get the regular screen that does not have that turn up at the top.

Use Road Comet in the search term and you will have more reading that you can believe. But there are others from Road Comet (expensive) to Puig ($45) Puig Windscreen $44.95
 
Thread starter
More to the point, I have not been able to find a photo of the maier gp sport fairing on the cb. Right now I'm between that one and the dart marlin. Other opinions and options are also welcome.
 
JMA - I've also been looking at the Maier GP Sport. Would be great if someone had a pic of one mounted, and can talk about the ease of install, performance, etc. Thx
 
Parabellum web site has a picture of the scout fairing on my 1100, painted to match windshields can vary in height based on need.
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
0011bc_imp said:
i like my EMGO
0011bc,

Is that the EMGO Viper 7"? It certainly does look appropriately retro.

Perhaps you could provide a mini-review including installation details and how well it functions...thanks

Edit: I should have searched...found your post #18
My before and after thread.

Is there anything you can add about function?
0011bc,

Is that the EMGO Viper 7"? It certainly does look appropriately retro.

Perhaps you could provide a mini-review including installation details and how well it functions...thanks

Edit: I should have searched...found your post #18
My before and after thread.

Is there anything you can add about function?
yes viper 7

Function: definitely pushes turbulent air over your helmet leaving with with clean air.

Installation: you need to dremel out space for the gauges and turn signals and bend the horn tab so they can be rotated down, I also put some foam tap on any points hat may run, like around the gauge bezel and on the clutch and brake resivoirs other than that it uses stock bolts.
Rasher_of_bacon_imp said:
0011bc_imp said:
i like my EMGO
Nice , where did you get it ?
I got it at my LBS, but you can find online.
 
Randy B_imp said:
Hi Randy! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
It pricey but looks supercool. If it does the job -- this is the best choice I think.
0011bc_imp said:
i like my EMGO
Hi 0011bc! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
 
Jurlie_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Hi Randy! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
It pricey but looks supercool. If it does the job -- this is the best choice I think.
0011bc_imp said:
i like my EMGO
Hi 0011bc! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
Hi Randy! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
It pricey but looks supercool. If it does the job -- this is the best choice I think.
I don't think the tall windscreen is available anymore. You'll have to contact Takashi at Samurider about it.

But I can cruise at whatever speed and not worry about it.
 
Randy B_imp said:
Jurlie_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Hi Randy! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
It pricey but looks supercool. If it does the job -- this is the best choice I think.
0011bc_imp said:
i like my EMGO
Hi 0011bc! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
Hi Randy! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
It pricey but looks supercool. If it does the job -- this is the best choice I think.
I don't think the tall windscreen is available anymore. You'll have to contact Takashi at Samurider about it.

But I can cruise at whatever speed and not worry about it.
I’ve contacted mr. Takese and he says they have some remainders of tinted tall screen in stock. So I need to evaluate if it worth that money...
 
Jurlie_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Jurlie_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Hi Randy! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
It pricey but looks supercool. If it does the job -- this is the best choice I think.
0011bc_imp said:
i like my EMGO
Hi 0011bc! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
Hi Randy! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
It pricey but looks supercool. If it does the job -- this is the best choice I think.
I don't think the tall windscreen is available anymore. You'll have to contact Takashi at Samurider about it.

But I can cruise at whatever speed and not worry about it.
I’ve contacted mr. Takese and he says they have some remainders of tinted tall screen in stock. So I need to evaluate if it worth that money...
I’ve contacted mr. Takese and he says they have some remainders of tinted tall screen in stock. So I need to evaluate if it worth that money... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm quite happy with how it works for me.
YMMV
 
Randy B_imp said:
Jurlie_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Jurlie_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Hi Randy! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
It pricey but looks supercool. If it does the job -- this is the best choice I think.
0011bc_imp said:
i like my EMGO
Hi 0011bc! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
Hi Randy! How it feels at higher speeds like 80-90mph (noise, buffeting)?
It pricey but looks supercool. If it does the job -- this is the best choice I think.
I don't think the tall windscreen is available anymore. You'll have to contact Takashi at Samurider about it.

But I can cruise at whatever speed and not worry about it.
I’ve contacted mr. Takese and he says they have some remainders of tinted tall screen in stock. So I need to evaluate if it worth that money...
I’ve contacted mr. Takese and he says they have some remainders of tinted tall screen in stock. So I need to evaluate if it worth that money... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm quite happy with how it works for me.
YMMV
Just realized we live close to each other. Is it possible for us to meet (if you still own this bike)?
 
Jurlie, I don't want one, but how much did Mr. T say they cost?
 
I had the touring screen and would use it in the winter. It definitely pushed the air higher than the regular screen. It was effective but I couldn't live with the look.
 
Back
Top