Fabbing an adaptor to move signals back. May duplicate for y'all

Romo1969_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Ok. So sent my rail and light to my fab shop in detroit that specializes in custom auto test parts.
Going to have it made to be inspired by the factory design and look as honda original as possible.
Directing them to make it to be somewhat universal so we can perhaps offer on the open market for you and others. Post pics when complete. And pricing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Will be interesting to see what they come up with
 
Thread starter
Planning about 2.5" back. Based on the bags I use and most sizes that should be enough to do it.
My fab guy is really good and a fellow moto guy. Thinking he will do a good job and has a shop cab able of making crazy prototype stuff for race cars and such.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I'd be interested too.
 
Some of the kits I have seen have placed the signals right on top of each other it seems. If this mod could retain some of the spacing the better in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
dBuster_imp said:
Some of the kits I have seen have placed the signals right on top of each other it seems. If this mod could retain some of the spacing the better in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Yes, I would prefer that they meet minimum DOT spacing.
 
Agreed. Somewhere on this site is a pic of the H & B kit that relocates the signals for their side cases. I wasn't crazy about how close the lights are to the tail light.

OK, it was member Jodyz. I found the pic :



I tried fitting my Nelson Rigg Spirit-50 bags from my CB750 on my CB11 and the rear turn signals are getting in the way. I'd love something that just moves them back a few inches.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
Agreed. Somewhere on this site is a pic of the H & B kit that relocates the signals for their side cases. I wasn't crazy about how close the lights are to the tail light.

OK, it was member Jodyz. I found the pic :



I tried fitting my Nelson Rigg Spirit-50 bags from my CB750 on my CB11 and the rear turn signals are getting in the way. I'd love something that just moves them back a few inches.
Holy crap!
If my guy does anything close to this I'm going to kill him. Lol.
A quick concept mock up. Told him a manual window lever would almost work in terms of design.
8a936097ff0a3375968b0c7f1fba7743.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Now if someone would come up with a short plug and play Male - Female cable extender you wouldn't have to mess with the wiring.
 
Thread starter
vfrpaul98_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Now if someone would come up with a short plug and play Male - Female cable extender you wouldn't have to mess with the wiring.
Honda - Kawasaki Motorcycle Turn Signal Connectors

2 pin HC .050 Turn Signal Connector
needed for rear signals only on 2013 cb1100
order 2 male and 2 female connectors and you can make your own extension length.no minimum order.
just a thought.
Paul.
Honda - Kawasaki Motorcycle Turn Signal Connectors

2 pin HC .050 Turn Signal Connector
needed for rear signals only on 2013 cb1100
order 2 male and 2 female connectors and you can make your own extension length.no minimum order.
just a thought.
Paul.
0732eab45877f2b32b44b6347b564e0c.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Rboe_imp said:
Call me old fashion, I prefer the sketch on the napkin...... :angel:
There was a sketch on a napkin? Where let me see it! Those are the start of great ideas on napkins!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
dBuster_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
Call me old fashion, I prefer the sketch on the napkin...... :angel:
There was a sketch on a napkin? Where let me see it! Those are the start of great ideas on napkins!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
There was a sketch on a napkin? Where let me see it! Those are the start of great ideas on napkins!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
723d205035bb3bd7a50429e9a4ad7a71.jpg


Actually back of a check stub. But 6 of one. Lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top