Fabbing an adaptor to move signals back. May duplicate for y'all

I like... But where on the napkin would it indicate any rubber dampening? Or is that not a concern? ;)

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Most likely a gasket at the attachment point. If you use the original light it has it's own damper. I'm going led so not as concerned about vibration.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
e7559f37d2700efceccfb7cd613719e1.jpg
b1f5698465de80cea4f0442a011c1a8f.jpg
80da56a5f90147496e5a123512aba343.jpg
cb7653d58e3bbf04a8fd23f94beb5ca5.jpg

So. The final will be larger to cover the mount area better and a bit of work on the rear cover not dabbed yet. But. We are in the right direction. Final product will be painted to match the rail silver paint.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Its looking good to me!! I can't wait. :)
 
it is looking good!!! How are the chances of getting a top down photo? I am trying to get a grasp of looks. How sturdy is the extension? I am asking as it looks like it might be back far enough behind the seat and maybe a bar from one side to the other for added stability?? Or am I reaching there....

just thinking while listening on a conference call at work and not really into the call... not for my department...
 
Thread starter
No bar required. It's aluminum. Super light. And it tightens to the rail nice and firm. May add a tab to insert into the rail where there is a slot to eliminate swing. But need to set the angle fixed for that. Some may want the extension level to ground. Some may want to flow with the angle of the rail slightly upward. So may or may not do a tab. It's all super light. Looking for top down pic


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
9ce5592948c384cc5b4ab5f916219eaa.jpg
1484e661ef80a251eab7b0d027dbe05b.jpg

Not a top view but these may help


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Now that is a question. Inline with the rail or parallel to the deck... Hmmm

Still looks good though! Mighty good! Now to test with some bags to see if they are clear of the bags

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
None.
Have to maybe post a thread later and see what quantity would be in relation to cost


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I'm in!!

Will our stock lights fit? Sorry if thats been asked...
 
It was being designed to accommodate the stock signals but I believe an electrical harness extension would be required.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
dBuster_imp said:
It was being designed to accommodate the stock signals but I believe an electrical harness extension would be required.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
dbuster,

Great! I'm an electronics tech so wiring it or getting an extension as shown above somewhere is no biggie.

Thanks.
 
Thread starter
There will need to be a wire extension. No biggie for most people to handle. The wire will run through the chase shown as to be clean of wires


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
dBuster_imp said:
It was being designed to accommodate the stock signals but I believe an electrical harness extension would be required.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
dbuster,

Great! I'm an electronics tech so wiring it or getting an extension as shown above somewhere is no biggie.

Thanks.
Are you going to be making the extension harnesses to go along with this wonderful fabrication work?

Was just pointing out that it would work with our stock signals but you were on your own for the harness extensions. Basically I answered your original question I thought...



Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top