exhaust discoloration

Carguy1959_imp said:
I wonder what happened to the guy that painted his factory exhaust? I did a search for the thread with no results.
I recall that guy, but one of his last posts lead me to believe that he either crashed the bike or no longer has it, and, as a result, would not be posting an update.

To be honest, the rattle-can paint job was splotchy and bare in some areas. I find it hard to believe that it would have held up with time. To each his own, but in my opinion, it only ruined the looks and value of the bike.

Some of the systems available with Black Ceramic Coating (Like the Yoshimura) don't look too bad when new, but I would be curious to know how durable even that type of coating is after a few years.
 
Google reviews were positive like yours, but search shows it is discontinued and no longer available. Why is the question.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, good stuff. I contacted jet-hot coatings. just over the border in NC. Probably going to take the manifold to them for coating. If so will certainly post pictures.
 
Back
Top