Engine Guards / Crash Bars

T30_imp said:
My bike is stock but I cranked up the pre-loads on the rear and front suspension to just about max. I'm about 185 lbs and I didn't think I was pushing it that hard on the corners compared to what I've done on modern sport bikes.

The twisties are fun. I spent the last three days carving up the mountain roads.
Sounds about right. Carve long, carve often, I say. I really like this bike for street riding. It's just slow enough to be fast.
 
My Chinese knock offs hit on the lower frame mount at the same time as my peg feelers. Luckily, that is all that hits.

1dfcde9faa2a5d71e46ea8b6f7498df0.jpg
 
Yep. You can see that I've worn down the nut and flat plate a bit in that picture.
 
I just installed the SW-Motech bars, then read this thread and began to feel a little paranoid. Would it be prudent to put longer "feelers" on the foot pegs to provide more of a safer warning when touching down in a curve? Feelers are generally made of aluminum - a soft sacrificial metal. Anybody know where to buy slightly longer ones for the CB1100 foot pegs?
 
dsinned_imp said:
I just installed the SW-Motech bars, then read this thread and began to feel a little paranoid. Would it be prudent to put longer "feelers" on the foot pegs to provide more of a safer warning when touching down in a curve? Feelers are generally made of aluminum - a soft sacrificial metal. Anybody know where to buy slightly longer ones for the CB1100 foot pegs?

Dennis, I really don't think you need them I have scraped the peg feelers and not even close to my motech guards...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Never heard about problems with the Motech guards.
 
dsinned, I've had my CB1100 on the track with the SW MoTech guards, no issues scraping them. Foot peg feelers come down first, as long as you have your suspension sorted out.
 
I did fall over and the rh crancase cover was $80 and the bar end weight was $9. I'm way ahead as I don't see it happening again, I hope !!!
 
Can anyone please tell me with the torque for this bolts. I'm getting ready to install a set of SW Motech crash bar and will not get my CB Sservice Manual until next monday.

Another thing
Did you propped the engine when installing the crash bar ?
An which bolts did you torque first engine mount or frame?

Any help appreciated !!!
Thanks
8b3065ebb375d63b8a8b94fd693e920a.jpg


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
JD, Check your PM
 
Back
Top