It was going to happen one day!

KeepLeft

First service completed
Thread starter
Today was day 1 of the season for me. Weather predicted to be sunny and with high 69. I gave it a good clean this morning and set off for work. I realised I left my wallet home when I stopped for air and fuel. No worries. Paid using the phone and turned back for the wallet. 

I can do my meetings from my car but not on my bike so it was imp I reach office well in time. I reached home and in my hurry I got off without putting the side stand and it dropped!! 

I was devastated. Clutch lever snapped, two small scratches on the exhaust and nick to the engine guard. I will check again to see if there is any more damage. Damage to the exhaust pained me the most - barely noticable but I know they're there.

I need to replace clutch lever before I get back on the saddle. Where can I get OEM parts? I tried honda website and it doesnt even list the model - 2017 Honda CB1100 EX.

Thanks for your help!
 
Aww man, sorry to hear that. I've done it twice, on a Nighthawk and a Shadow (my first bike), and both times pained me to the point that I replaced the damaged parts, which, like your exhaust, would probably only be noticed by you... but ya do notice. For the Nighthawk, it meant tracking down an out-of-production NOS exhaust for a scratched muffler. For the Shadow it was less painful, a plastic front fender still easily available.

What year bike do you have and where are you?
 
I've done that too, KeepLeft. It's a bummer for sure.
 
KeepLeft said:
Today was day 1 of the season for me. Weather predicted to be sunny and with high 69. I gave it a good clean this morning and set off for work. I realised I left my wallet home when I stopped for air and fuel. No worries. Paid using the phone and turned back for the wallet. 

I can do my meetings from my car but not on my bike so it was imp I reach office well in time. I reached home and in my hurry I got off without putting the side stand and it dropped!! 

I was devastated. Clutch lever snapped, two small scratches on the exhaust and nick to the engine guard. I will check again to see if there is any more damage. Damage to the exhaust pained me the most - barely noticable but I know they're there.

I need to replace clutch lever before I get back on the saddle. Where can I get OEM parts? I tried honda website and it doesnt even list the model - 2017 Honda CB1100 EX.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry to hear about it.

Is there something to protect the exhaust from scratching like in this situation?
 
I guess the Honda designers thought the bike looked coolest leaning way over on a short kickstand.

I'm still new, but it's quite disconcerting tipping the bike so far over onto its side stand.  I guess the danger is getting used to that much lean to the point you might miss that your kickstand isn't actually deployed when you lean it over.

The gentleman who cut a hockey puck to size and epoxied it onto the stand is sounding wiser and wiser.  

When I first got the bike, I was "ooh better do something about the kickstand," then I was "ah, you'll just get used to it!" 

Now, I'm shopping for a hockey puck.

*********


I was looking at black, but they do also come in red. This type might offer a bit of shock absorbtion?

https://www.amazon.com/NACORE-Motor...N9XBG?sbo=RZvfv//HxDF+O5021pAnSA==&th=1&psc=1
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260430-011802.webp
    Screenshot_20260430-011802.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20260430-011814.webp
    Screenshot_20260430-011814.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 110

Attachments

  • N50-13ES-8S.webp
    N50-13ES-8S.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 109
  • N50-13ES-2T.webp
    N50-13ES-2T.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 109
This is what I have on my dlx.
The bands are just for a look and a cosmetic help, not a real protection if a bike is dropped.
 
LucienLeFranc said:
A rear frame slider of some sort might be a strong alternative option--these guys say theirs fit CB1100s:

T-Rex Racing BMW / Honda / Husqvarna / Kawasaki / Suzuki / Yamaha Exhaust Slider



But there's probably lots of other options out there.

Thanks.

I just got a couple of these on Amzn. 
Ill report back after installation


There is more information on this link, of a similar product: World Walk : Exhaust Guard for CB1100EX [weg-13m] it seems they mount on exhaust holder.
 

Attachments

  • amzn cb.webp
    amzn cb.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 77
LucienLeFranc said:
peterbaron said:
This is what I have on my dlx.

Where exactly on the bike do they mount?

>>> It replaces muffler bracket bolt <<
s1UTlnL.jpg


UIMIQv7.jpg


eLXHKQn.jpg


ZXRujUK.jpg
 
KeepLeft said:
Today was day 1 of the season for me. Weather predicted to be sunny and with high 69. I gave it a good clean this morning and set off for work. I realised I left my wallet home when I stopped for air and fuel. No worries. Paid using the phone and turned back for the wallet. 

I can do my meetings from my car but not on my bike so it was imp I reach office well in time. I reached home and in my hurry I got off without putting the side stand and it dropped!! 

I was devastated. Clutch lever snapped, two small scratches on the exhaust and nick to the engine guard. I will check again to see if there is any more damage. Damage to the exhaust pained me the most - barely noticable but I know they're there.

I need to replace clutch lever before I get back on the saddle. Where can I get OEM parts? I tried honda website and it doesnt even list the model - 2017 Honda CB1100 EX.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry to hear about your accident, that hurts.

How did you pick your bike up? I had to pick my VFR800 up twice, and wow, that was difficult, and that bike weighs about 60 pound less.
 
Walking the bike up has worked for me.  Had to do it just the other day in the middle of a street; not my bike, but a guy who had an accident.

 
Back
Top