Engine Guards / Crash Bars

Just installed Motech crash bars 2days from Twisted Throttle I also ordered shop manual need info on ft. lbs for 3 point motormounts..Other than that easy install Thankyou for all the great ideas....
 
jmc1100_imp said:
Just installed Motech crash bars 2days from Twisted Throttle I also ordered shop manual need info on ft. lbs for 3 point motormounts..Other than that easy install Thankyou for all the great ideas....
could you please post a couple of snaps for us JMC...?
 
Thread starter
Just installed my Mo Tech bars. Simple job. If I can ever figure out how to move my pics from my i phone to my computer, I'll post them. (It's supposed to happen automatically through i cloud, but it's not happening.)
 
RonLyke_imp said:
Just installed my Mo Tech bars. Simple job. If I can ever figure out how to move my pics from my i phone to my computer, I'll post them. (It's supposed to happen automatically through i cloud, but it's not happening.)
Have to make sure you have turned on in settings for cloud. On both turn on Photo Stream if you haven't.
 
Ordered my set from Twisted yesterday. Also, I ordered the highway peg mounting kit and pegs. It should be a nice look and add the extra stretch out comfort I need - all in black.... I was told it would be mid-August before they would arrive. Just over $300 for the whole setup - steep, but worth it to me.
 
I agree that these look nice, and highway pegs are definitely something I'd be interested in (that is, when I actually do get my bike).

So, in the tearful event of a fall, it looks like these and the bar ends will bear most of the impact, saving the tank (hopefully)?
 
dBuster_imp said:
Looking good! Was wondering if anyone was going to highway peg their crash bars or not. Which pegs match those sweet bars?!
I think I'm going with the H-D black billet mounts. Kinda pricey but smooth clean look. Then find some pegs in black.
 
Thread starter
I think I'm going with the H-D black billet mounts. Kinda pricey but smooth clean look. Then find some pegs in black.
[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to these?
 
RonLyke_imp said:
I think I'm going with the H-D black billet mounts. Kinda pricey but smooth clean look. Then find some pegs in black.

Do you have a link to these?
[/QUOTE]
Do you have a link to these?
[/QUOTE]

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/billet-engine-guard-footpeg-mounting-kit
They fit 11/4" bars. Ours are 1 1/16", kinda in between standard sizes of 1" & 1 1/4". I'll go to dealer & check to see if they fit right before purchasing.
 
Thread starter
They look good. Could be shimmed, of course, but better if they fit right.
I'll look forward to any info & pics you care to share.
 
RonLyke_imp said:
They look good. Could be shimmed, of course, but better if they fit right.
I'll look forward to any info & pics you care to share.
Went to H-D dealer & test fit. It didn't. So thinking about using 1" Rivco set up.
 
RonLyke_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Not available here in the states yet. I REALLY want them, but I'm not willing to pay the premium to get them here yet.
Yeah, the engine is really exposed. It would only take a garage tip-over to but a ding in the engine.
Yeah, the engine is really exposed. It would only take a garage tip-over to but a ding in the engine.
I could've used those today, stopped in a gravel pull-over to turn on my video camera, easing gently around, bike started to fall over, I put out my foot but it was too late. I couldn't hold her and eased to the ground. Bike tilt switch cut off the motor. No dings but some little gravel pimples in the right side engine case. A little POed but--------whatca gonna do?-----
 
This whole thing about making all your slow turns with feet on pegs is highly over rated. Sure a capable rider can do it with ease and in ideal conditions you need that skill. But there is no shame in putting one or both feet down as you get into any iffy surface conditions and doing it early and not waiting until you are trying to catch it in a panic. I'd rather look like a noob dork on sand or gravel than stand there picking my bike up full of dents and scratches.
 
Back
Top