Engine Guards / Crash Bars

What is the deal with those mirrors? Mine sure don't mount like that.
 
Thanks redReno. I'd never seen those before.
 
While maybe not totally in character with the bike, I like the looks of those Moriwaki sliders. One more thing that I don't have the money for right now. First their slip-on exhaust, now their frame sliders. From here on out, I guess I'm just going to have to stop looking at anything with the Moriwaki name on it.
 
Guth,

I like those Moriwaki sliders too. But they do have to wait.

The best thing about them is "Sense of security increases in a meaning called damage mitigation when GOKE"

Gotta love the google translator for their customer reviews. I wonder what goke is? :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Guth,

I like those Moriwaki sliders too. But they do have to wait.

The best thing about them is "Sense of security increases in a meaning called damage mitigation when GOKE"

Gotta love the google translator for their customer reviews. I wonder what goke is? :)
That's the noise you make right before you crash. :D
 
oldyaler_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Guth,

I like those Moriwaki sliders too. But they do have to wait.

The best thing about them is "Sense of security increases in a meaning called damage mitigation when GOKE"

Gotta love the google translator for their customer reviews. I wonder what goke is? :)
That's the noise you make right before you crash. :D
That's the noise you make right before you crash. :D
LOL! we need more smilies. Like the one laughing and pounding his fist!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Guth,

I like those Moriwaki sliders too. But they do have to wait.

The best thing about them is "Sense of security increases in a meaning called damage mitigation when GOKE"

Gotta love the google translator for their customer reviews. I wonder what goke is? :)
That's the Japanese word for DOH!
 
redReno_imp said:
wildezt_imp said:
I placed an order for the Motech crash bar today from twisted throttle, gave them a call as the item was not listed on their website yet. expecting delivery in around 4-5 weeks. :) .nice guys they are to deal with... Hopefully the home accessory market catches up soon for the big red. all these waits are painful.. :)
I just placed my order with twisted throttle.
They told me they are expecting 4 to come in June 17th. One was already taken (my best guess is it is going to wildezt;) )
Now one will be sent to me as soon as they get them in.
The product total was $152.50 and the shipping to me in California was $15
I just placed my order with twisted throttle.
They told me they are expecting 4 to come in June 17th. One was already taken (my best guess is it is going to wildezt;) )
Now one will be sent to me as soon as they get them in.
The product total was $152.50 and the shipping to me in California was $15 How do I go about ordering these?
 
FUZZY_imp said:
redReno_imp said:
wildezt_imp said:
I placed an order for the Motech crash bar today from twisted throttle, gave them a call as the item was not listed on their website yet. expecting delivery in around 4-5 weeks. :) .nice guys they are to deal with... Hopefully the home accessory market catches up soon for the big red. all these waits are painful.. :)
I just placed my order with twisted throttle.
They told me they are expecting 4 to come in June 17th. One was already taken (my best guess is it is going to wildezt;) )
Now one will be sent to me as soon as they get them in.
The product total was $152.50 and the shipping to me in California was $15
I just placed my order with twisted throttle.
They told me they are expecting 4 to come in June 17th. One was already taken (my best guess is it is going to wildezt;) )
Now one will be sent to me as soon as they get them in.
The product total was $152.50 and the shipping to me in California was $15 How do I go about ordering these?
I just placed my order with twisted throttle.
They told me they are expecting 4 to come in June 17th. One was already taken (my best guess is it is going to wildezt;) )
Now one will be sent to me as soon as they get them in.
The product total was $152.50 and the shipping to me in California was $15 How do I go about ordering these?
you could give them a call at 855-255-5550 ..or 401-284-4200. it would most prbly be Paul ..and ask for the motech crash bar for the cb1100 ..and they will send you a quote..heres there website..http://www.twistedthrottle.com/
 
wildezt_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
redReno_imp said:
wildezt_imp said:
I placed an order for the Motech crash bar today from twisted throttle, gave them a call as the item was not listed on their website yet. expecting delivery in around 4-5 weeks. :) .nice guys they are to deal with... Hopefully the home accessory market catches up soon for the big red. all these waits are painful.. :)
I just placed my order with twisted throttle.
They told me they are expecting 4 to come in June 17th. One was already taken (my best guess is it is going to wildezt;) )
Now one will be sent to me as soon as they get them in.
The product total was $152.50 and the shipping to me in California was $15
I just placed my order with twisted throttle.
They told me they are expecting 4 to come in June 17th. One was already taken (my best guess is it is going to wildezt;) )
Now one will be sent to me as soon as they get them in.
The product total was $152.50 and the shipping to me in California was $15 How do I go about ordering these?
I just placed my order with twisted throttle.
They told me they are expecting 4 to come in June 17th. One was already taken (my best guess is it is going to wildezt;) )
Now one will be sent to me as soon as they get them in.
The product total was $152.50 and the shipping to me in California was $15 How do I go about ordering these?
you could give them a call at 855-255-5550 ..or 401-284-4200. it would most prbly be Paul ..and ask for the motech crash bar for the cb1100 ..and they will send you a quote..heres there website..http://www.twistedthrottle.com/
I just placed my order with twisted throttle.
They told me they are expecting 4 to come in June 17th. One was already taken (my best guess is it is going to wildezt;) )
Now one will be sent to me as soon as they get them in.
The product total was $152.50 and the shipping to me in California was $15 How do I go about ordering these?
you could give them a call at 855-255-5550 ..or 401-284-4200. it would most prbly be Paul ..and ask for the motech crash bar for the cb1100 ..and they will send you a quote..heres there website..http://www.twistedthrottle.com/ Thanks!!
 
The mounting system for the motomachines ones (I'm assuming they're Hepco-Becker) doesn't look nearly as stout as the SW Motech ones. The H-B don't use the two bosses/bolts on both side of the frame as the Motechs do, and also the H-B lower mount leaves the guard mounted above the frame, which I would think would make the bar tend to move inward in a hard enough hit, whereas the Motech ones align with the frame which no doubt gives them additional resistance to movement in a fall or crash.

Of course I'm just eyeballing them, but that's how they appear to me.
 
FUZZY_imp said:
Woo Hoo!! Got mine name on the last set coming in on 17th @ TT!
Nice :)
Scoobynut_imp said:
The mounting system for the motomachines ones (I'm assuming they're Hepco-Becker) doesn't look nearly as stout as the SW Motech ones. The H-B don't use the two bosses/bolts on both side of the frame as the Motechs do, and also the H-B lower mount leaves the guard mounted above the frame, which I would think would make the bar tend to move inward in a hard enough hit, whereas the Motech ones align with the frame which no doubt gives them additional resistance to movement in a fall or crash.

Of course I'm just eyeballing them, but that's how they appear to me.
Agreed, also the SW motech ones has 3 points of attachment too.
 
Back
Top