RonLyke_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Has anyone installed engine guards? I see what apparently are mounting holes on the frame.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yeah, the engine is really exposed. It would only take a garage tip-over to but a ding in the engine.Randy B_imp said:Not available here in the states yet. I REALLY want them, but I'm not willing to pay the premium to get them here yet.
.nice guys they are to deal with... Hopefully the home accessory market catches up soon for the big red. all these waits are painful.. 
Thanks for posting that. The Over bars were what I wanted. Tubular steel, if not chromed, then at least polished, not black.. very 70s - 80s looking. Plastic sliders would be effective but they look too 'modern' for the bike as I'd like it.Houtman_imp said:I had ordered the Over crash bars in stainless steel from Japanwebikefor a total cost of $367 including shipping to the USA but after acouple of weeks they returned my money to my Paypal account but no reason why.I send them an email to ask if they are out of stock but no reply.I have Renntec bars on my 94 and 95 CB1000,made in England and they are very good.Hopefully they will also make them for the CB1100.I am surprised that Honda did not have them for our bike as it important to have some protection for the engine.
I know. I have to keep reminding myself that a donut and a cup of coffee is not 35 cents anymore.The ferret_imp said:Geezalou..its not the 70s anymore, is it? I used to sell those mini guards ( we called them case savers) for $ 40 all day long. The full engine guards with pegs on the inside for highway pegs were like $ 90
I just placed my order with twisted throttle.wildezt_imp said:I placed an order for the Motech crash bar today from twisted throttle, gave them a call as the item was not listed on their website yet. expecting delivery in around 4-5 weeks..nice guys they are to deal with... Hopefully the home accessory market catches up soon for the big red. all these waits are painful..
![]()
) I just placed my order with twisted throttle.redReno_imp said:I just placed my order with twisted throttle.wildezt_imp said:I placed an order for the Motech crash bar today from twisted throttle, gave them a call as the item was not listed on their website yet. expecting delivery in around 4-5 weeks..nice guys they are to deal with... Hopefully the home accessory market catches up soon for the big red. all these waits are painful..
![]()
They told me they are expecting 4 to come in June 17th. One was already taken (my best guess is it is going to wildezt)
Now one will be sent to me as soon as they get them in.
The product total was $152.50 and the shipping to me in California was $15
) 
ron1100_imp said:Any images of what the engine guards look like. TT does not have it listed for the CB1100, on their site, yet.




