End of the road

VLJ_imp said:
southwend_imp said:
Consider how far you have progressed in such a short period of time. Rehab is hard, tedious, boring and (sorry to say) painful.
But it's progressive. Your humor sounds great, attitude is number one. Celebrate the little victories.
Like...pooping rather loudly in a blue plastic bucket while doing everything possible to avoid making eye contact with my hot little Emily Ratajkowski-wannabe physical therapist?

Yay!?
Like...pooping rather loudly in a blue plastic bucket while doing everything possible to avoid making eye contact with my hot little Emily Ratajkowski-wannabe physical therapist?

Yay!?
yes you've got it! or being the only one laughing in the physical rehabilitation room. and why are physical therapists always good looking? so you will man up and be all like "yeah I can take it"
 
southwend_imp said:
VLJ_imp said:
southwend_imp said:
Consider how far you have progressed in such a short period of time. Rehab is hard, tedious, boring and (sorry to say) painful.
But it's progressive. Your humor sounds great, attitude is number one. Celebrate the little victories.
Like...pooping rather loudly in a blue plastic bucket while doing everything possible to avoid making eye contact with my hot little Emily Ratajkowski-wannabe physical therapist?

Yay!?
Like...pooping rather loudly in a blue plastic bucket while doing everything possible to avoid making eye contact with my hot little Emily Ratajkowski-wannabe physical therapist?

Yay!?
yes you've got it! or being the only one laughing in the physical rehabilitation room. and why are physical therapists always good looking? so you will man up and be all like "yeah I can take it"
Like...pooping rather loudly in a blue plastic bucket while doing everything possible to avoid making eye contact with my hot little Emily Ratajkowski-wannabe physical therapist?

Yay!?
yes you've got it! or being the only one laughing in the physical rehabilitation room. and why are physical therapists always good looking? so you will man up and be all like "yeah I can take it"
Better to poop loudly than to not poop at all. As who has been there knows so well
 
Hope you heal quickly, VLJ, and the bones get to the same level of strength as your sense of humor!
 
VLJ, how is your recovering progressing?
We've had no update about your health since a week.
Hope, you are in good spirit and healing well.
:thumbsup:
 
And I believe there was some talk about pictures of a particular physical therapist?
 
Thread starter
Infections have become problematic. Now they're back to trying to save the lower leg. This is going to be a long road.

Regardless of how the leg turns out, I think it's time for me to pull a Jorge Lorenzo. I'm having all sorts of bad images cross my mind now whenever I think of riding on public roads. I'm scared, and never want to go through this again.

No fault of the Kawi, no fault of the CB1100, but I'm not going to go back. I don't even know whether I will be able to throw a leg over again, but I know I won't want to.

Once I'm able to sell the CB1100, what should I expect to get for her, and what is the best medium these days for selling a bike private party? 2017 CB1100 EX, only 9k miles, bone stock except for a set of factory heated grips.
 
I have used the local craigslist to sell many of my bikes.. browse Craigs to check out your competition .. you probably won't have much.. it sounds like you should be able to get top dollar for your beauty.. I had a lot of older goldwings and was familiar with prices.. just gather opinions from your friends here and browse different locations... it is good that you are in calif. and have a year round market.. I alway enjoyed the selling of my bikes.. just look at prospective buyer as a fellow biker and you have an excuse to talk motorcycles.. let the bike sell itself.. then when you get some of those low ballers, don't let it get to you.. it's all part f the game.. good luck to you and God bless you..

chuckk ..

.
03040f8e414b44169f269522a8ae2f6c.jpg

.
ce7625af67d5fd69266026e84fef0362.jpg

.
28e740c1bb60ca1fbf9244e70eeed954.jpg

my last bike that I sold, before getting my little 2017 cb1100ex..

.
18e3cc0fa507f0bed39aedf310ddb8aa.jpg
 
VLJ_imp said:
Infections have become problematic. Now they're back to trying to save the lower leg. This is going to be a long road.

Regardless of how the leg turns out, I think it's time for me to pull a Jorge Lorenzo. I'm having all sorts of bad images cross my mind now whenever I think of riding on public roads. I'm scared, and never want to go through this again.

No fault of the Kawi, no fault of the CB1100, but I'm not going to go back. I don't even know whether I will be able to throw a leg over again, but I know I won't want to.

Once I'm able to sell the CB1100, what should I expect to get for her, and what is the best medium these days for selling a bike private party? 2017 CB1100 EX, only 9k miles, bone stock except for a set of factory heated grips.
Oh no, so sorry to hear! May the infection disappear and may your leg be saved.

VLJ_imp said:
Infections have become problematic. Now they're back to trying to save the lower leg. This is going to be a long road.

Regardless of how the leg turns out, I think it's time for me to pull a Jorge Lorenzo. I'm having all sorts of bad images cross my mind now whenever I think of riding on public roads. I'm scared, and never want to go through this again.

No fault of the Kawi, no fault of the CB1100, but I'm not going to go back. I don't even know whether I will be able to throw a leg over again, but I know I won't want to.

Once I'm able to sell the CB1100, what should I expect to get for her, and what is the best medium these days for selling a bike private party? 2017 CB1100 EX, only 9k miles, bone stock except for a set of factory heated grips.
That hurts just to read. I can't imagine the pain and anguish you likely have been going through the past few weeks. I've ridden nearly every day since I read of your accident and I think of where you might be laid up, what you're going through as I start to ride each day. I've really enjoyed all the thoughtful, perceptive writing you have offered up since purchasing your cb1100ex. I like mine better because of what you notice about it.

It seems so wrong that someone who appreciates the quality of this bike to the degree you do should have to suffer the deep consequences of an inattentive driver. Sigh. But...still pulling for the best possible outcome for you as you recover. Serious.

VLJ_imp said:
Infections have become problematic. Now they're back to trying to save the lower leg. This is going to be a long road.

Regardless of how the leg turns out, I think it's time for me to pull a Jorge Lorenzo. I'm having all sorts of bad images cross my mind now whenever I think of riding on public roads. I'm scared, and never want to go through this again.

No fault of the Kawi, no fault of the CB1100, but I'm not going to go back. I don't even know whether I will be able to throw a leg over again, but I know I won't want to.

Once I'm able to sell the CB1100, what should I expect to get for her, and what is the best medium these days for selling a bike private party? 2017 CB1100 EX, only 9k miles, bone stock except for a set of factory heated grips.
I have only had good experiences both buying and selling bikes and other things via Craigslist. I think the scammers are easy to spot, and my bikes have sold quickly--probably because I priced them to sell. Not that I accepted low ball offers, but I just tried to be honest about what people want to pay for used bikes. When you're ready, I'd do a CL check on 2017ex around the country, note the mileage and general condition, find the average asking price and begin around that.

You can use "searchtempest" to do a CL search not only from your city, but across the nation and that may give you a feel for what the cb1100ex might sell for.

Again, best wishes for full recovery!
 
VLJ ,I am very sorry to hear that your leg is still giving you problems but hopefully with todays care and medication they will be able to save your leg and make you 100 % ok again.
I do not blame you giving up riding after this ordeal of no fault of your self. Every day that I ride I feel more at risk with all the idiots on the road and therefor I try to protect myself with the best gear.
Good Luck Our Friend !!!
 
Oh geez, that is a heartbreak VLJ. So much thought and pain to process while immobile is devastating. Work with the best you have and try not let the mind run away too far - I know, easier said than done. Let's hope those helping you can turn what is important around.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Oh geez, that is a heartbreak VLJ. So much thought and pain to process while immobile is devastating. Work with the best you have and try not let the mind run away too far - I know, easier said than done. Let's hope those helping you can turn what is important around.
Well said. We're pulling for you :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Daggone it VLJ. I was worried when you hadn't posted in awhile. So sorry to hear you are having these issues. I hope they can stop the infections and save the leg.

I dont blame you for being afraid to ride again. When I had my accident in 1969 I had the same thougnts. It was actually my mother who convinced me to get another bike and keep riding. Wierd huh? You'd think a mother would be the first to ask you not to ride again. She was rihht though, If I had quit I'd have missed some real adventures. If my situation was yours, age wise, I'm afraid I'd make the same decision you have. I think Lorenzo has made a wise decision as well.

Stay strong Veal, and if you need some words of encouragement, we are always here.
 
Hey man, for now, don't worry about selling the CB. When the time comes to sell or keep, or whatever you need, you've got a lot of guys here ready to help. Heck, I'm sure you and I are aren't too far down the road from each other. If that's the case, and selling is the decision, I've sold plenty of cars and bikes on Craig's, and can help write and photo your ad, and help navigate the scams and pitfalls of online selling.

Right now, you're lying there with not much else to do but think, so your mind is going to a lot of places. None of us want to see you hang it up, but some of us have been in that position too, with not much else to do but think. Many of us have also looked down on friends in that position. Decisions made while horizontal aren't always acted upon, but whatever action is taken will always be respected by one's friends.

We're here for you.
 
VLJ, I hope they lick the infection quickly and save the leg. First things first.

As Ferret and Gone in 60 have said, we’re with you. Shout out if we can provide help or support.
 
Stay tough with positive thinking and don't give up.
Today's medicine can do miracles.
We are all with you!
 
Amen to Miracles.
Maintain a positive attitude. I know easy to say, harder to do.
Never forget that as bad as this all seems, it could have been so much worse.
Positive attitude helps your body heal itself.
 
Thread starter
For those of you who have been inquiring about my status, I finally have a bit of news. I saw my Ortho surgeon yesterday, and he informed me that I will get to keep my foot. Apparently the question of whether the skin would "take" to the shattered-reconstructed calcaneus has been answered to his satisfaction. Amputation is no longer on the radar.

No word yet on the broken neck, other than that it suuuuuuucks. When it comes to trying to find a comfortable position in which to sleep, cervical collars are the Harley-Davidson of medical therapy.

Anyway, they scheduled me for Cervical Radiology and another Ortho follow-up, only to discover that they scheduled me with an out-of-network facility. Meaning, my medical insurance wouldn't cover it. So, now I'm waiting on a referral to an in-network facility, which should be approved next week. From there, I would expect the actual appointment to be scheduled the following week, or thereabouts.
 
Back
Top