End of the road

VLJ_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Lying in an ICU unit now. Broken neck, double compound fracture of the femur, shattered hip, ankle, heel. Thanks to a blind 88-year-old geezer who inexplicably tried to drive straight across a two-lane road, my perfect new Kawasaki is now a decidedly secondhand Kawasaki.
 
ahh geez VLJ that's not good. So sorry to read this. Prayers for a fast and complete recovery. They aren't thinking this is the end of your riding career are they (you?)

Hope you heal well and don't suffer to much.

Please keep us informed as to your progress.
 
What Ferret said. Get well fast VLJ!
 
Oh man!!! Heal up and do what the doctors tell you to do.

We all hate to think about it, but there has to be an age to where we are not allowed to drive any more. I lost a car to a 92 year old that turned left in front of me on a 2 lane road with a 55 mph speed limit, and then he blamed me for it. Fortunately there were no major injuries as he has 3 other elderly people in the car with him.

You do what you need to to get well, and I STRONGLY suggest getting a good motorcycle accident lawyer ASAP.

Heal up.
 
Wow. Ugh. So sorry to hear of this, VLJ. May you be surrounded by good doctors, patient loved ones, and may you have a complete recovery.
 
Sorry to hear, VLJ. Heal up, best wishes for a full recovery. On the bright side, sounds like you are OK from the neck up, and on the right side of the grass!! There is something to be thankful for.

Ben
 
In the early 60s I remember being told to watch out for little old men or ladies with hats. Did not make sense to me then.

The other safety warning that was frequently heard was "See and be seen." I still practice that by not riding behind trucks, trailers, or SUVs. I also move to the right of my lane when a car is approaching. Not too worried about that car, it's the impatient driver behind it waiting to pass that I want to see and be seen.
 
Ah crap. It is frustrating reading events like this. I really hope a smooth recovery for you VLJ. I am sure many of us will be thinking of you every time we mount our saddle.
 
I am very sorry to hear about your bad accident and hope that you will be better soon.
What happened to you is what makes me think about the dangers when riding my bikes. I ride very defensive and always scan the road around me but you can not prevent all the idiot drivers on the road.
I sincerely hope that you have no lasting injuries from this and you will be back on a bike soon.
 
Sorry to hear of this VLJ. I'll keep you in my prayers for recovery. Hang in there and take it day by day. I hope you keep us all informed of your progress. Listen to Randy B's advise on the doctors and lawyers - he's lived a version of this.
 
My my my, so sorry to hear of your mishap. Glad you’re alive and well enough to put the message out, that’s quite an injury list. Hope you heal quickly...good luck to you.
 
VLJ, I’m so very sorry to hear of your injuries and the loss of your Kawasaki. Heal quickly and well.
 
Back
Top