jerrycon_imp
Running like a top
Ouch! Wishing you a steady recovery, VLJ.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
His wit has me falling off my chair!! Great positive attitudeGoldOxide_imp said:VLJ: Your wit is about as intense of the damage. That is strong and very promising, ... and that is in addition to your crisp and well articulated script. Steady as she goes, eh?


Check with your auto insurance. I know mine gives me coverage on something like $2K worth of protective gear. Makes sense to me that State Farms would rather pay for my armor than my stitches.VLJ_imp said:Nope, I never lost consciousness. This is the first accident that immediately hurt on contact, probably because there really wasn't any contact with other vehicles in any of my other crashes. Those were all single-vehicle incidents.
In this one, I screamed inside my helmet; first, when his front-left bumper drilled me, and again when I hit the ground after flying forty feet.
Between my very expensive Arai helmet and my scissored-away Rev-It Poseidon riding suit, there went $2,500, right down the drain. That was my first thought as I was lying there, and the magnitude of what had befallen me became clear. I was bitterly angry at the driver for destroying my brand-new Kawasaki, which was working so beautifully that day. I was also angry at him for rendering my red CB1100 EX an orphan. I was very happy with both bikes. Neither deserved this fate. Lastly, I was quite angry at the physical pain and coming financial stress he'd so carelessly dumped on me.
Those were my thoughts while lying on the asphalt, trying to catch my breath.
Well said LR.LongRanger_imp said:A good attorney will fix the financial pain. Money heals nothing but unless you were at fault, the money part should work generously in your favor. Bikes and riding gear can be replaced. You can't. Your only job at this point is to keep your wits and heal up so you can get back to being the best version of you that you can be. You've got a whole bunch of us here rooting for you.