End of the road

VLJ_imp said:
egleaves_imp said:
That sucks. I'm glad you're still around to tell the tale. Where did it happen?
Taylor Rd, heading towards those horseland backroads you and I rode together.

So, they had to do an emergency surgery to avoid having to amputate my right foot, and the following morning I managed to freak out my nurse when I bled out, soaking the entire bed.

That was...different. She was not amused.
That sounds horrifying VLJ! (not the horseland backroads).

It is good to read that you can frankly articulate events as they unfold. That appears to imply some sort of state of enlightened jest and working thought processes.
 
VLJ_imp said:
egleaves_imp said:
That sucks. I'm glad you're still around to tell the tale. Where did it happen?
Taylor Rd, heading towards those horseland backroads you and I rode together.

So, they had to do an emergency surgery to avoid having to amputate my right foot, and the following morning I managed to freak out my nurse when I bled out, soaking the entire bed.

That was...different. She was not amused.
Geez buddy knock it off and start getting better already

(ps glad they were able to save the foot)
 
Been offline for a few days. Terrible news and while you’ve got a long recovery ahead, sounds like you’ve got your wits about you. It’s all of our worst fears, especially as we get older and don’t heal as quickly.

As everyone says, do what the docs tell you and we’re all pulling for for a complete recovery.

Brings me back front and center to the challenge my wife and I are currently dealing with, getting the keys away from her 85 year old father before he can hurt someone.
 
Getting keys from older drivers should not be a problem if you offer to take them in your vehicle if they have to go somewhere. Just taking the keys away and no alternative for them to get to appointments is not a good solution.
 
Ooof! Major bummer, VLJ. Sounds like you're a stoic patient and will pull through the discomfort and recovery thanks to strength of will and fortitude.
 
VLJ-

An accident is a terrible thing and yours was especially brutal. Recovering from an accident like this will be a long and laborious process and it’s awful that you will have to go through it. I can’t even begin to understand what you are going through right now and I’m so sorry that this happened to you.

This Forum is like family in many ways and I'm glad that you reached out. I hope you continue to do so as you go through this ordeal.

Hope your recovery goes well,

Roger
 
Good to hear you are hanging in there VLJ.

I have colitis. Gladly trade for a few days. I have to take meds to slow it down. lol.

Have they done any surgeries for the pelvis/ankle?

Are you halo'ed for the neck?
 
VLJ_imp said:
Five days, no poops. Unhappy doctors.
If they are using hydromorphone as a pain killer, it will constipate you.

After coming home from my prostate surgery, I had a large bran muffin and mug of coffee for breakfast to fix that. :thumbsup:
 
Eventually, VLC, they'll add to the humiliation they pile on in-patients by giving you an enema. No poop for five days, while a concern, is better than no breath for five days. Hang in there. We're all with you.
 
Back
Top