Email from Takashi

Inline4_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I woke up this morning and saw that I had an email from Takashi. He wanted my phone number because my exhaust is ready to ship!!!:banana: :excited: :excited: :excited::celebrate: :celebrate:

I guess I need to clear the snow and ice from my front porch soon! :D

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/z1zr7/media/nojima001-4_zpsc4e3bb05.jpg.html]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/z1zr7/media/nojima001-5_zps96f78e1e.jpg.html]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/z1zr7/media/nojima001-6_zps1988d428.jpg.html]
 
Very nice indeed and I'm sure there's a reason for it (financial is usually always the case) but I'm surprised at least one of these exhaust manufacturers haven't duplicated the curved pipes of the original CB400F for the CB1100. The curved pipes are one of the designs that got me hooked on the standard version of the bike.
 
Sweet. Bet you can't wait.

I spent hours cleaning snow from my front porch and rear deck yesterday. It was frozen on top and stiff underneath. Had to use my snow shovel to cut it into blocks 18" wide x 12" deep x 8" thick like the eskimos do to make igloos, and remove one block at a time. Going was slow and heavy. C'mon spring!
 
This is the exhaust I am looking for .... all black ... I am currently trying to understand how the the MotoGear Black Ti Slip On looks like, I am pretty much sold on the Motogear Black Ti Headers .... Is this exhaust listed on his website or a special order ? I am assume it is all steel but no Cat ... ?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Sweet. Bet you can't wait.

I spent hours cleaning snow from my front porch and rear deck yesterday. It was frozen on top and stiff underneath. Had to use my snow shovel to cut it into blocks 18" wide x 12" deep x 8" thick like the eskimos do to make igloos, and remove one block at a time. Going was slow and heavy. C'mon spring!
That's the way we do it up here in Eskimo land :D
 
Great news! See, that didn't take that long. Haha. I'm sure it felt like an eternity. Now you get to have the fun of tracking it as it makes it way from Japan, through customs and eventually to your doorstep.
 
Thread starter
mjezek_imp said:
This is the exhaust I am looking for .... all black ... I am currently trying to understand how the the MotoGear Black Ti Slip On looks like, I am pretty much sold on the Motogear Black Ti Headers .... Is this exhaust listed on his website or a special order ? I am assume it is all steel but no Cat ... ?
Here is the link to Takashi's website for the Nojima.................
http://www.samurider.com/?p=18295/#itemImage

Now I'm concerned whether the oil filter can be changed w/o removing the header?????????? :-/
I didn't think to ask Mr T that question; was more concerned about retaining the centerstand. Oh well, too late to turn back now! :D
The ferret_imp said:
Sweet. Bet you can't wait.

I spent hours cleaning snow from my front porch and rear deck yesterday. It was frozen on top and stiff underneath. Had to use my snow shovel to cut it into blocks 18" wide x 12" deep x 8" thick like the eskimos do to make igloos, and remove one block at a time. Going was slow and heavy. C'mon spring!
Fortunately I don't have the amount of snow and ice that you do, Mickey.
Man, I bet that was a lot of work!
Come on Spring is RIGHT!!! :biker:
 
Thank you for the link .... I am all about weight ... that's why I am leaning towards the Ti Header and my center stand is long time gone ... For service purposes i have a pitbull rear stand. Looking at the pics at samurider, you should not worry about the oilfilter ... looks like plenty of room on the 2nd picture.

And most important to everyone: greetings from sunny and WARM California ...
 
Inline4_imp said:
I woke up this morning and saw that I had an email from Takashi. He wanted my phone number because my exhaust is ready to ship!!!:banana: :excited: :excited: :excited::celebrate: :celebrate:

I guess I need to clear the snow and ice from my front porch soon! :D

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/z1zr7/media/nojima001-4_zpsc4e3bb05.jpg.html]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/z1zr7/media/nojima001-5_zps96f78e1e.jpg.html]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/z1zr7/media/nojima001-6_zps1988d428.jpg.html]

very nice! i have been thinking about getting one myself,
how long did it take to have it made?
do you happen to know the Decibels?
 
Thread starter
Happy and interesting..............
This morning I checked the shipping progress and saw that my parcel had already made it to customs at JFK. (Obviously delighted, but JFK?)
Whatever. I was surprised and delighted to see that my exhaust had made it to the shores of the USA.

Even more surprising is that, when getting my mail tonight I see a notice from the post office that I have a package at the local office. I can't get by there until Monday morning, but could this be my exhaust?
No way!!!!!! BUT, I haven't ordered anything but the Nojima in the last couple months!
I guess I'll find out Monday morning. I just hope I can sleep between now and then. :excited:
 
Hope its not from the IRS.... I kid!

Probably the exhaust. They are always late reporting progress on shipping
 
Wow that looks very well made. What is the long bolt for? And what is that little cut out thingy (3rd pic from top?)
 
Thread starter
I haven't looked at the instructions yet, but the long bolt and the piece next to is what I believe to
be the bracket that alloyws you to retain the centerstand.
The 3rd pic is part of the collector. Here are another couple pics of the same piece.
BTW< I feel the same about pic taking as I do about leaving messages on an answering machine..
just not real comfortable doing either.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/z1zr7/media/010_zpsxxrjokc7.jpg.html]
 
Inline4_imp said:
mjezek_imp said:
This is the exhaust I am looking for .... all black ... I am currently trying to understand how the the MotoGear Black Ti Slip On looks like, I am pretty much sold on the Motogear Black Ti Headers .... Is this exhaust listed on his website or a special order ? I am assume it is all steel but no Cat ... ?
Here is the link to Takashi's website for the Nojima.................
http://www.samurider.com/?p=18295/#itemImage

Now I'm concerned whether the oil filter can be changed w/o removing the header?????????? :-/
I didn't think to ask Mr T that question; was more concerned about retaining the centerstand. Oh well, too late to turn back now! :D
The ferret_imp said:
Sweet. Bet you can't wait.

I spent hours cleaning snow from my front porch and rear deck yesterday. It was frozen on top and stiff underneath. Had to use my snow shovel to cut it into blocks 18" wide x 12" deep x 8" thick like the eskimos do to make igloos, and remove one block at a time. Going was slow and heavy. C'mon spring!
Fortunately I don't have the amount of snow and ice that you do, Mickey.
Man, I bet that was a lot of work!
Come on Spring is RIGHT!!! :biker:
That is one beautifully crafted exhaust. How did things work out with the oil filter access?
 
Back
Top