ECU READY TO SHIP

My CJ360T peaked at about 84mph according to the speedometer on the bike so I'm assuming she was a wee bit optimistic; I bet the CB360 was slower, in real world speeds; in stock trim (including sprockets).

You know HikerToo; Honda could teach Toyota a thing or two about limiting the top speed. Just limit it in the software. :) You are inspired! :worship:
 
Elipten_imp said:
My old CB360 did over 110mph, so the CB1100 should easily do more.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In a moment of madness I took my 'Bonnie up to 105 indicated. After all it is a '61T120. I have never felt so insecure and since then has never been near it.

If anyone gets the speed limiter disabled then one can only assume they will "want to see what she will do". Otherwise why bother? I am waiting with interest the post ride report. Pics would be nice but I am not sure the ferret one hand technique would be advisable :).

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Elipten_imp said:
My old CB360 did over 110mph, so the CB1100 should easily do more.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In a moment of madness I took my 'Bonnie up to 105 indicated. After all it is a '61T120. I have never felt so insecure and since then has never been near it.

If anyone gets the speed limiter disabled then one can only assume they will "want to see what she will do". Otherwise why bother? I am waiting with interest the post ride report. Pics would be nice but I am not sure the ferret one hand technique would be advisable :).

Cheers

Oh Really? Oops :blush:

Deleted pic, not a good example for others

Note: filmed by a professional on a closed course. Do not try this at home
 
Close... Out west . 50 miles long, straight and flat as a board, nothing to see on either side. My throttle stuck. Figured I'd better get some photographic proof in case we had to go to court, but all of a sudden it let loose and the drama was over, thank goodness.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Elipten_imp said:
My old CB360 did over 110mph, so the CB1100 should easily do more.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In a moment of madness I took my 'Bonnie up to 105 indicated. After all it is a '61T120. I have never felt so insecure and since then has never been near it.

If anyone gets the speed limiter disabled then one can only assume they will "want to see what she will do". Otherwise why bother? I am waiting with interest the post ride report. Pics would be nice but I am not sure the ferret one hand technique would be advisable :).

Cheers

Oh Really? Oops :blush:

Deleted pic, not a good example for others

Note: filmed by a professional on a closed course. Do not try this at home
Oh Really? Oops :blush:

Note: filmed by a professional on a closed course. Do not try this at home
G'day ferret, would you ask that professional to take a pic with the (CB) limiter disabled. Now that would be interesting!

Cheers
 
I have a question about this process. I am gonna get mine tuned with a PCV but I want to get the ECU flash later. If I am correct, they ECU flash will remove the speed limiter but the PCV will still be in control of the A/F and Rev limit correct? Getting the ECU flash won't mess my tune because the PCV is a piggy back module which overrides the stock ECU A/F settings correct?

Thanks
Randall
 
Hey Randall get in touch with Don at gulth motors. He will help you out. He can load your map from your pc5 and do more tricks.
 
Hi Ridem

Contacted Don through his website a week ago and emailed properly last weekend. Not a squeak from him on either score yet. Is there a chance he could be on vacation right now or is he just mega busy? I spotted somewhere else on this forum that another member was struggling to get hold of him.
Any clues?

Cheers
Dengie
 
Dengie Boy_imp said:
Hi Ridem

Contacted Don through his website a week ago and emailed properly last weekend. Not a squeak from him on either score yet. Is there a chance he could be on vacation right now or is he just mega busy? I spotted somewhere else on this forum that another member was struggling to get hold of him.
Any clues?

Cheers
Dengie
G`day Dengie, that was me but I am in no rush due to warranty concerns. I have gleaned from photos posted of ECU`s that there is a difference in Part numbers, I wonder what the differences are, if any, in the programming. It is possible that this may make a difference to a reflash but don`t have the knowledge to make that call. Talked to my local dealer but haven`t been able to find out what if any differences there are but did send Keihin an email to ask.

USA Spec ECU Keihin
38770-MGC-A23
A002-100946 AC

Aus/NZ Spec ECU Keihin
38770-MGC-O23
7002-106435 J

UK Spec ECU Keihin
38770-MGC-D32
A001-101451 ED
MGCD3A
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
Reflashing, if done right, negates the need for a PowerCommander.
If the bike is present when its flashed the answer is yes. Living in AZ this is not going to happen. If your bike is stock or a simple slip-on have them put the PC5 map right into the ECU. I had this done with mine and later added a full Yoshi exhaust and the FI picked it up just fine with no dead spots and great full economy. Go with the flash and PC5 map installed.
 
Dengie I talked to don yesterday he did tell me that he got a email from a UK guy that had mods done to his bike! That might of been you. He did not give a name! I would email him back tell him your from this forum and you know mike from Mississippi. The way he talked he was trying to find a way to flash with the mods the guy had on his bike! It's harder to flash without having a bike on dyno. He did mine like he does the cbr1000rr. And like CIP said he added the PC5 map to his bike! Again I would email him again he does stay busy!! I always call him which I know you can't being in the UK. Lots of times when I call the call want even go thru not sure why! Hope that helps you
 
Michael
Yup I mentioned this forum and your name plus I did provide a list of mods. I also suggested that another company reflashed to a CBR600/1000RR tune file.

Cheers
Dengie
 
Thread starter
Dengie Boy_imp said:
Michael
Yup I mentioned this forum and your name plus I did provide a list of mods. I also suggested that another company reflashed to a CBR600/1000RR tune file.

Cheers
Dengie
That must be the problem:rofl: Don probably did not understand ya'll maybe he though you meant something else like i want to brick,fry, toast, burn my ECU.
 
CIP57_imp said:
Dengie Boy_imp said:
Michael
Yup I mentioned this forum and your name plus I did provide a list of mods. I also suggested that another company reflashed to a CBR600/1000RR tune file.

Cheers
Dengie
That must be the problem:rofl: Don probably did not understand ya'll maybe he though you meant something else like i want to brick,fry, toast, burn my ECU.
That must be the problem:rofl: Don probably did not understand ya'll maybe he though you meant something else like i want to brick,fry, toast, burn my ECU. And Dengie's part of the world probably has better phone service to PA than Michael does :-)
 
I think that was you he was talking about! Because he did tell me you had mods that he had to try to figure out! You to remember he has never had a cb1100 on the dyno. And he has only done mine and CIP He told me it cost him around $3k to do chips being the first one with the hours that he had to put into CIP57 ECU. He really wants a member to bring him a bike for dyno! I'm waiting to send my other one to him even thou my bike runs great! If he gets a cb1100 on his dyno he can get everything just rite where he wants it. I think he said he would do it for free if someone would bring him a bike! He does a lot of sport bikes. He don't think he will get many CB ECM to flash. If the owners of the cb new how much better their bike would run even if they not worried about speed they would all have their ECM flashed. Don told me yesterday someone with a cb got to man up and bring him a bike! Then he laughed. Maybe someone will take their bike to him.
 
Back
Top