Hi all!
I have a question for the (used to be) Ducatistas on this board.
Is it bad to ride a ducati engine below 3000 for a prolonged time, so bad it can even damage the engine itself?
This post made me ask the questions:
Next On Radar
Unfortunatelly the member has not been active here for 2 years, so I can't ask him.
Main reason for asking is I'm quite interested into adding a Multistrada to my stable, one day, in the far future
It really seems to be a true All-in-one kind of motorcycle.
Relatively low weight, powerfull, handy riding modes, wind protection, good mileage, some cool electronic gadgets, etc.
But its expensive and...its Ducati, whenever I have a reflex about buying Italian , I always have the reflex to think twice :blush:
Fashion stuff, no problem
cfr. riding gear.
In fact, on the Duc board I saw this problem thread on the latest 2015 Multi:
2015 Multistrada first problems.
Makes me wonder, are they still problematic, even after Audi took over? (not that a German owner guarantees reliability..)
I mean, we also have some issues on the CB1100 board, look at my idle issue, but in general the issues are small.
We do not have a dedicated "Problem" thread nor reasons to open one.
But that Multi thread from May 2015 has 103 pages about 1 specific model.
leepy:
Despite all of that, the bike has a certain appeal to me.
In think in september the local Ducati dealer has free test riding days, so I think I'll hop on one than, but meanwhile I'd like to hear some opinions about Ducs, the New Multi and the way to threat a Duc engine from users here
Thx a lot!
I have a question for the (used to be) Ducatistas on this board.
Is it bad to ride a ducati engine below 3000 for a prolonged time, so bad it can even damage the engine itself?
This post made me ask the questions:
Next On Radar
Unfortunatelly the member has not been active here for 2 years, so I can't ask him.
Main reason for asking is I'm quite interested into adding a Multistrada to my stable, one day, in the far future

It really seems to be a true All-in-one kind of motorcycle.
Relatively low weight, powerfull, handy riding modes, wind protection, good mileage, some cool electronic gadgets, etc.
But its expensive and...its Ducati, whenever I have a reflex about buying Italian , I always have the reflex to think twice :blush:
Fashion stuff, no problem
cfr. riding gear.In fact, on the Duc board I saw this problem thread on the latest 2015 Multi:
2015 Multistrada first problems.
Makes me wonder, are they still problematic, even after Audi took over? (not that a German owner guarantees reliability..)
I mean, we also have some issues on the CB1100 board, look at my idle issue, but in general the issues are small.
We do not have a dedicated "Problem" thread nor reasons to open one.
But that Multi thread from May 2015 has 103 pages about 1 specific model.
leepy:Despite all of that, the bike has a certain appeal to me.
In think in september the local Ducati dealer has free test riding days, so I think I'll hop on one than, but meanwhile I'd like to hear some opinions about Ducs, the New Multi and the way to threat a Duc engine from users here

Thx a lot!





- but it was never ridden like I was afraid of something breaking.