Deluxe seat on a Standard.

You could probably just remove the 'garnish' all together... I did. Into the garbage they went as soon as I got the bike.




5048385417c211b97366190f71347b1e.jpg
 
I just LOVE the way that seat looks on the '14 STD once set up correctly. If anyone can find the needed part numbers (besides the seat--that much I can find), I'd appreciate it. I don't want to waste funds on the wrong bits.
 
I think if you go to say, partfish.com or another parts house and compare the 2013 seat part fiche and the '14 DLX fiche you will find your info. I just did and you can see the extra parts at the rear end of the garnish.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I think if you go to say, partfish.com or another parts house and compare the 2013 seat part fiche and the '14 DLX fiche you will find your info. I just did and you can see the extra parts at the rear end of the garnish.
I have done a comparison between the two seats on honda bike parts and I have found those references, hope they are good! see the pdf attached.
the pdf didn't make it
 
Based on the drawings, the additional/different parts from the DLX are as follows:

diagram part 1: 18309-GN3-670 (4pcs), muffler stay collar B
diagram part 2: 50168-MGC-N20, right garnish stay
diagram part 3: 50169-MGC-N20, left garnish stay
diagram part 4: 50178-MGC-N20 (4pcs), collar
diagram part 15: 90116-MAT-000 (2pcs), hook bolt (8x47)
diagram part 16: 90125-MJG-770 (2pcs), socket bolt (8x24)
diagram part 18: 94050-08000 (2pcs), flange nut

I've ordered all of the above after finding a very lightly used DLX seat on eBay yesterday. The only other snag is my rear carrier (08L70-MGC-D30) will no longer work with my 2014 Standard. It's not compatible with the above parts geometry so I'll be looking for the Deluxe rear carrier (08L70-MGC-N40). I thought this was going to be an easy swap...
 
I thought the DLX seat just clicked on to the standard models? Houtman might know.
 
According to the threads, it does, but sits on the garnish and will end up cutting the seat cover.
 
Meh.

I can’t imagine spending money to make those work when I never liked them in the first place.
d68358938805bb6809153ee8623ed150.png


Tacked on oddball things.

But to each their own.

I’m the weirdo that put ‘13 blinkers, ‘13 controls and Rebel handlebars on my bike to make it more period correct than the strange choice of ‘blacked out’ they thought was trendy but what? Not when applied to an old school bike... uggh.

I may be biased, but I think if Honda built a CB1100 my way it would have sold better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
ermmanueljm_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I think if you go to say, partfish.com or another parts house and compare the 2013 seat part fiche and the '14 DLX fiche you will find your info. I just did and you can see the extra parts at the rear end of the garnish.
I have done a comparison between the two seats on honda bike parts and I have found those references, hope they are good! see the pdf attached.
the pdf didn't make it
I have done a comparison between the two seats on honda bike parts and I have found those references, hope they are good! see the pdf attached.
the pdf didn't make it

The parts needed are 4 spacers,2 of the rear brackets,2 socket head bolts and 2 nuts,2 washers. I’ve got a few pictures of these on the bike but for some reason they won’t load. I sent a PM to the guy that asked fir the pictures.
 
Check out, Classic bike shop ltd in the uk they have a big range of honda seat covers good prices, i got a cb 750 k7 cover for my 2013, had to be reworked by my seat man to fit [ with additional layer of comfort foam] good result
 
I installed my DLX seat today on the 2014 Standard. I noticed the rear turn signals are pointing down slightly, due to the new grab rail angle. In addition to the parts listed previously for the swap, two more are needed. They are in the Turn Signal parts fiche. Part numbers 33691-MGC-N20 and 33696-MGC-N20 need to be installed in the rear turn signal stalks. One more parts order...


The other additional parts already installed are:

18309-GN3-670 (4pcs),
50168-MGC-N20
50169-MGC-N20
50178-MGC-N20 (4pcs)
90116-MAT-000 (2pcs)
90125-MJG-770 (2pcs)
94050-08000 (2pcs)
 
Luckily for me, the previous owner of my "new" 2014 already spent the dosh on a Daytona Cozy Seat from Japan.
DAYTONA : COZY Seat 70s Series Type K0 [74922]
I think the looks are definitely old school kewl and looks more comfortable. I actually can't say.
I have only ridden with the Cozy, and only 10 miles at that, and never on the stock.
Just got my tag and registration yesterday, but I already removed the stock exhaust and started on the full Delkevic, so getting anxious to be able to spend the day out on it.
Then maybe I will do a stock to Cozy comparo and get back to you...

Does anybody here think Corbin is out of control? Just went there wondering about it, and they want $533 for the gunfighter or gunfighter and lady for the CB. If you add the backrest and "glovebox", it is over $1200.

BTW, the bike I sold to offset the '14 CB was a '10 VFR. That VFR came with a Corbin and backrest (and the stock) when I bought it lightly used. I never liked the Corbin because it was way too slippery, so I put the stock back on it and rode it with that. That stock was on it when I just sold the bike. I made sure not to mention the Corbin when I sold it to avoid the "oh it has to come with the Corbin or I am not buying the bike" syndrome. Then the next day, I put an ad on CL and just sold the Corbin for $450 as the new Corbin with backrest was now over $800 (just like for the CB). That is an awful lot of money.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
alprider_imp said:
if I remember correctly, the standard is a bit slimmer....but...the dlx is much more confi
Anything is more comfortable, I reckon, than the standard saddle.
Anything is more comfortable, I reckon, than the standard saddle.
Has anyone notice, the DLX seat look just like the seat on the 2017 EX?
It is more comfortable than the std seat, but I have ridden the 2013 quite a bit, and it has yet to cause me discomfort. Maybe I have an iron butt, but no complaints.
 
Back
Top