defects CB 1100

Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Sushi isn't food, it's bait
What have you ever caught with rice, Ferret?
What have you ever caught with rice, Ferret?

sushi isn't rice (I eat a lot of rice)

Sushi is raw uncooked fish

My favorite sushi story is when Sheldon's mom came from Texas to visit on Big Bang Theory and they take her out for Sushi which she had never had. On the way home they asked her what she thought about it. She said "Oh it was good, but it would be better if it was cooked...and beef."
 
lol - saw right Ferret. Over the decades humanity has farmed the heck out of the seas and oceans without adequately upkeeping restock. So the homo-saps have to eat hand fed farmed fish. I fear over the decades the cost of sushi has gone up and overall quality or availability to quality has gone down. Without extra stash, it is more difficult to get that perfect "buttery" piece of raw sushi or sashimi that simply melts in your mouth and makes you drift off into fantasy land - kinda like CB1100-land (at until the morsel has been completely swallowed).
 
Houtman_imp said:
The only raw fish I eat is the salty herrings in Holland.
"The Salty Herrings" was the name of my garage band in the 80s. We did a lot of Nederpop stuff.
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Sushi isn't food, it's bait
What have you ever caught with rice, Ferret?
What have you ever caught with rice, Ferret?

sushi isn't rice (I eat a lot of rice)

Sushi is raw uncooked fish

My favorite sushi story is when Sheldon's mom came from Texas to visit on Big Bang Theory and they take her out for Sushi which she had never had. On the way home they asked her what she thought about it. She said "Oh it was good, but it would be better if it was cooked...and beef."
What have you ever caught with rice, Ferret?

sushi isn't rice (I eat a lot of rice)

Sushi is raw uncooked fish

My favorite sushi story is when Sheldon's mom came from Texas to visit on Big Bang Theory and they take her out for Sushi which she had never had. On the way home they asked her what she thought about it. She said "Oh it was good, but it would be better if it was cooked...and beef."
Actually, "sushi" is a rice/vinegar dish that is most often served with raw or cooked fish. At least that's my understanding.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
The only raw fish I eat is the salty herrings in Holland.
"The Salty Herrings" was the name of my garage band in the 80s. We did a lot of Nederpop stuff.
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Sushi isn't food, it's bait
What have you ever caught with rice, Ferret?
What have you ever caught with rice, Ferret?

sushi isn't rice (I eat a lot of rice)

Sushi is raw uncooked fish

My favorite sushi story is when Sheldon's mom came from Texas to visit on Big Bang Theory and they take her out for Sushi which she had never had. On the way home they asked her what she thought about it. She said "Oh it was good, but it would be better if it was cooked...and beef."
What have you ever caught with rice, Ferret?

sushi isn't rice (I eat a lot of rice)

Sushi is raw uncooked fish

My favorite sushi story is when Sheldon's mom came from Texas to visit on Big Bang Theory and they take her out for Sushi which she had never had. On the way home they asked her what she thought about it. She said "Oh it was good, but it would be better if it was cooked...and beef."
Actually, "sushi" is a rice/vinegar dish that is most often served with raw or cooked fish. At least that's my understanding.
This is true! So funny... I just watched a video last night about the proper way to eat sushi and they made a big point of saying that sushi is a rice dish and fish is just a sometimes ingredient. And you eat sushi seaweed rolls with your fingers. And Wasabi isn't horse radish. I am learning so much while locked down :beerchug:
 
EmptySea Wrote:"The Salty Herrings" was the name of my garage band in the 80s. We did a lot of Nederpop stuff.
I'm a guitarist from the '80s, and I still have never heard of "Nederpop."

What is it? Pop music from the Netherlands?
 
VLJ_imp said:
EmptySea Wrote:"The Salty Herrings" was the name of my garage band in the 80s. We did a lot of Nederpop stuff.
I'm a guitarist from the '80s, and I still have never heard of "Nederpop."

What is it? Pop music from the Netherlands?
I'm a guitarist from the '80s, and I still have never heard of "Nederpop."

What is it? Pop music from the Netherlands?
You obviously weren't paying proper attention :banana:
 
My friends and I followed a very good band all over Holland : The Cats , they were from our area and had very good voices , especially Piet Veerman.
For about 5 years we did this with many other guys and loads of girls . ( and an enormous amount of beer !)
 
Houtman_imp said:
My friends and I followed a very good band all over Holland : The Cats , they were from our area and had very good voices , especially Piet Veerman.
For about 5 years we did this with many other guys and loads of girls . ( and an enormous amount of beer !)
Their greatest hit!
 
Thanks for that Bob.

Now I know what to buy my brother for Christmas.

I'll be listening to a band that played at Karingal Highschool in the early 70's.

Known to be to be electric, PwrUp.

Regards NRTM
 
Houtman, you sent me down a serious rabbit hole of music history. Lea? I don't speak Dutch, so I am hamstrung.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Houtman, you sent me down a serious rabbit hole of music history. Lea? I don't speak Dutch, so I am hamstrung.
THANKS VERY MUCH for posting this Bob , yes that was the band we followed and saw them at least twice a week for years . Holland is small and easy to drive to the next gig. If I had all the money I spend on having fun at that time I could have retired at 45 but would not have the best memories of my life and the hang overs did not last more than a day !
 
Returning to the second theme of this symposium: Ferret, sushi is indeed a rice dish. I suspect you're thinking of sashimi, which is raw fish. And truly delicious.
 
VLJ_imp said:
EmptySea Wrote:"The Salty Herrings" was the name of my garage band in the 80s. We did a lot of Nederpop stuff.
I'm a guitarist from the '80s, and I still have never heard of "Nederpop."

What is it? Pop music from the Netherlands?
I'm a guitarist from the '80s, and I still have never heard of "Nederpop."

What is it? Pop music from the Netherlands?
Radar Love, man.


 
Ever notice how the beginning of "Walkin' on Sunshine" sounds suspiciously similar to the beginning of "Radar Love"? Kinda like how Vanilla Ice (Ice, Ice Baby) ripped of David Bowie and Queen (Under Pressure). I mean, Robert Van Winkle didn't even change the key. Still wondering how he got away with that.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
My friends and I followed a very good band all over Holland : The Cats , they were from our area and had very good voices , especially Piet Veerman.
For about 5 years we did this with many other guys and loads of girls . ( and an enormous amount of beer !)
Their greatest hit!
Their greatest hit!
“One Way Wind”? Here. Pull my finger.
Houtman_imp said:
My friends and I followed a very good band all over Holland : The Cats , they were from our area and had very good voices , especially Piet Veerman.
For about 5 years we did this with many other guys and loads of girls . ( and an enormous amount of beer !)
Pretty sure the Salty Herrings covered this at our biggest gig, the Central High School prom of 1986.
VLJ_imp said:
EmptySea Wrote:"The Salty Herrings" was the name of my garage band in the 80s. We did a lot of Nederpop stuff.
I'm a guitarist from the '80s, and I still have never heard of "Nederpop."

What is it? Pop music from the Netherlands?
I'm a guitarist from the '80s, and I still have never heard of "Nederpop."

What is it? Pop music from the Netherlands?
I’m a drummer from the 1970s and had to use my Google skills to come up with a genre remotely related to herring in hopes of making Housman chuckle.

BTW, this is my new favorite thread.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
My friends and I followed a very good band all over Holland : The Cats , they were from our area and had very good voices , especially Piet Veerman.
For about 5 years we did this with many other guys and loads of girls . ( and an enormous amount of beer !)
Their greatest hit!
Their greatest hit!
“One Way Wind”? Here. Pull my finger.
Houtman_imp said:
My friends and I followed a very good band all over Holland : The Cats , they were from our area and had very good voices , especially Piet Veerman.
For about 5 years we did this with many other guys and loads of girls . ( and an enormous amount of beer !)
Pretty sure the Salty Herrings covered this at our biggest gig, the Central High School prom of 1986.
VLJ_imp said:
EmptySea Wrote:"The Salty Herrings" was the name of my garage band in the 80s. We did a lot of Nederpop stuff.
I'm a guitarist from the '80s, and I still have never heard of "Nederpop."

What is it? Pop music from the Netherlands?
I'm a guitarist from the '80s, and I still have never heard of "Nederpop."

What is it? Pop music from the Netherlands?
I’m a drummer from the 1970s and had to use my Google skills to come up with a genre remotely related to herring in hopes of making Housman chuckle.

BTW, this is my new favorite thread.
Finally, a thread not about RLETs. :)
 
Another Dutch group with a big hit was Shocking Blue with "Venus" , they had a very sexy lead singer. I did see the than called " The Golden Earrings" in 1966.
 
Back
Top