Moto Guzzi V9

Ale72_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi everyone, I ask you, if you have had the opportunity to try it or use it, an opinion on the Guzzi V9.
I am also evaluating this to replace the CB 1100 which for me and my wife is too uncomfortable (absurd angulation of the knees) and in the end I never use it.
on the engine I would have no doubts being a Guzzi, but how comfortable are we? I haven't been able to try it yet.
California would be ideal but I don't want to add too much money.
I also tried the V7 and Boneville T120 both much more comfortable than the CB (it doesn't take much).
To date, the number 1 candidate for replacement is V7. But I'm also thinking about this V9.
thanks.
 
If you get one please come back and post some pics and a little ride report on it. Thanks!!
 
The V9 Roamer has the same hp and torque as a CB 500X Honda ... about 33 hp and 20 ft lbs less torque less than a CB 1100. Yea, you should try and get a test ride on one before making that decision. I have a CB 500X and "for me" it's marginal on hp and torque for 1 up, much less 2 up riding.

First Ride Review: 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Roamer
 
I’m 6’6” (36” inseam) and went the other way — from a 2010 V7 Cafe Classic and 2011 V7 Classic to my 2014 CB1100 DLX. The V7 was a fabulous bike for the roads I enjoy (no freeways), handled great, and had ample torque, but it wasn’t a bike that I could sustain a long-term relationship with, primarily due to its harsh, ineffective suspension and dismal dealership network and service support. For me, it was too small and too underpowered for comfortable two-up riding, but for solo 300-400 mile rides in the mountains, it was a real charmer. My CB easily solved all of these issues, is considerably roomier, has much better suspension and engine performance, and provides an even more satisfying and enjoyable ownership experience. Your mileage may vary.

I’ve not yet ridden a V9 Roamer or V9 Bobber but understand they’re a bit lustier than the V7. However, the foot-forward styling doesn’t appeal to me. If Moto Guzzi put the V85TT engine in a more conservative looking bike, that would be more appealing to me, but until they addressed their U.S. dealership network, it’d be a non-starter.

0b494b5576f65da94bc3f0b9d6659a3b.jpg


881de2b328916707176664cf24cfa90f.jpg
 
rear wheel 5 more hp for the V9 over the V7 LR.
 
Houtman_imp said:
To make the knee's a bit more comfortable I put Germen made Vario foot pegs on my bikes , gives me an extra inch .
Houtman, did you post a how to / or what's needed to get those to work on your CB1100? I searched and found where you talk about needing some different bolts, but I thought you had posted photos as well and couldn't find the thread.
 
In my estimation the V7 would offer MARGINAL HP at best for two-up riding (I own one). If you live in hilly/mountainous terrain I would think you’d be underwhelmed at its performance.
 
Thread starter
my problem is not the power but the comfort, the cb is good bike but the legs too closed, top small
LongRanger_imp said:
I’m 6’6” (36” inseam) and went the other way — from a 2010 V7 Cafe Classic and 2011 V7 Classic to my 2014 CB1100 DLX. The V7 was a fabulous bike for the roads I enjoy (no freeways), handled great, and had ample torque, but it wasn’t a bike that I could sustain a long-term relationship with, primarily due to its harsh, ineffective suspension and dismal dealership network and service support. For me, it was too small and too underpowered for comfortable two-up riding, but for solo 300-400 mile rides in the mountains, it was a real charmer. My CB easily solved all of these issues, is considerably roomier, has much better suspension and engine performance, and provides an even more satisfying and enjoyable ownership experience. Your mileage may vary.

I’ve not yet ridden a V9 Roamer or V9 Bobber but understand they’re a bit lustier than the V7. However, the foot-forward styling doesn’t appeal to me. If Moto Guzzi put the V85TT engine in a more conservative looking bike, that would be more appealing to me, but until they addressed their U.S. dealership network, it’d be a non-starter.

0b494b5576f65da94bc3f0b9d6659a3b.jpg


881de2b328916707176664cf24cfa90f.jpg
Fantastic!!
 
I don't see how the T120 wouldn't solve all his problems. It's just as comfortable as the V7, if not more so, with similar overall power to the CB1100. The T120's motor absolutely stomps the V7's and V9's, and if two-up riding is a concern, well, come on.

This is a no-brainer.
 
The V9 has really only little more power than the V7.
The V7 III ist almost the same, you can hardly notice the difference.

The comfort on the V9 Roamer is nice on the long seat bench.
But: although the V9 have diffent styles, the seating position of Bobber and Roamer is very much the same.

And: alles seats can be used on all V9s.

Yet the engine has tough time, and with two it comes to its limiots very soon. No, I am not talking about sprotive or fast riding: normal situations, where certain energy adds to security.

Thats why I left the small block Guzzi, it is simply not enough power - I thought. Looking back, I indeed thin that was wrong. It is the very comfortable and slowing-down riding expierience on these Guzzis.
Hm, I can never forget mine.

Keep in mind, the built quality is not as good as you may expect from a Honda or BMW. It is really "italian" (sorry, please dont take offense), and many things are bad and cheap plastics only. Yet, the design is out of this world. The original fenders were ridiculous. I had them changed for real stuff soon. That made a huge difference.

Hm, Guzzi is so nice, and yet I am still in kind of a Dilemma.
When it comes to feeling, the V9 is so much superior than the CB.
Thats of course 100% personla view, I know.
To me, it was my "European Harley". It would still call it like that.




Want to mention, when using the SW Motech saddle bag holder, as depicted above, the V9 allows passengesr enough space.
The same SW Motech solution makes passenger impossible on a CB 1100 RS, the bags are too far in front whereas in the V9 it really goes far back.
Optically maybe not so good but most practical indeed.
This is a big minus in the CB 1100.

And I must confess, maybe I am more in love with the feeling of a V Twin engine, like that of the Guzzi. The engine of the CB 1100 is nice, but sooo different to me.

Oh, what am I writing...:huh:
Didnt plan to change again :cool:
 
pdedse_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
To make the knee's a bit more comfortable I put Germen made Vario foot pegs on my bikes , gives me an extra inch .
Houtman, did you post a how to / or what's needed to get those to work on your CB1100? I searched and found where you talk about needing some different bolts, but I thought you had posted photos as well and couldn't find the thread.
Houtman, did you post a how to / or what's needed to get those to work on your CB1100? I searched and found where you talk about needing some different bolts, but I thought you had posted photos as well and couldn't find the thread.
If you order them make certain that you get them for the Honda CB 1100 , they are easy to install and if I think correctly I used some parts of the OEM pegs to install the Vario pegs . I have them on all three of my CB 1100' s and I think that I bought them from Twisted Trottle. (and got a free T shirt !)
 
... not to mention an extra inch! :cool:
 
Houtman_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
... not to mention an extra inch! :cool:
Yes , that extra inch gave a lot of satisfaction ! ( riding my bike I mean )
Yes , that extra inch gave a lot of satisfaction ! ( riding my bike I mean )
:thumbsup::rofl:
 
Thread starter
I put mine on sale unfortunately too uncomfortable to travel, the footboards are too uncomfortable and the knees too bent.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I use my CB as a city bike, local fun rides, little or no freeway time, and ride my BMW for longer rides, freeway travel, that sort fo thing.
Same here. Love taking the CB out for a nice easy ride after dinner. BMW for the longer/multi-day rides.
 
Back
Top